Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Sporting almost went and bottled though.
    You just wait, we'll show you a proper bottle job tomorrow.

Very bad second part by Sporting, we had a ball in the bar and could have ended it with 0-4 but we complicated and even let them score 2 goals in like 2 minutes. Oh well, at least we made 3 points, Benfica bottled at home....

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You just wait, we'll show you a proper bottle job tomorrow.
    Too bad they're not showing that game. Instead I get to watch this Dutch team get battered by City.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know i'm not the only Benfica fan that's blaming the ref for this loss...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahaahah... cl is different from portuguese league, how about that?

how long you think Pogba is gonna be out?

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahaahah... cl is different from portuguese league, how about that?
    Benfica doesn't have the money or influence to buy CL games like it does in Portugal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    I mean there's debatable stuff, and then there's.....what happened today.

The funny thing is there's one penalty favouring Benfica on the 1st half. The player is clearly being pulled and the ref is in position to observe everything. The one favouring CSKA happens under the same circumstances.

The only debatable thing is the freekick from Grimaldo where the CSKA player clearly juts out his elbow to deflect the ball, except the ball hits the player's head next to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Benfica doesn't have the money or influence to buy CL games like it does in Portugal.
    Cry me a river, even in your win you can't wash your mouth from the filthy Benfica, can you?

Sportinguistas, eternal gobshites with a victim complex

Cry me a river, even in your win you can't wash your mouth from the filthy Benfica, can you?

Sportinguistas, eternal gobshites with a victim complex
    I am not crying tonight, we won in a very hard stadium while you bottled at home.

And i was cheering for Benfica, i always want Portuguese teams to win in Europe, let that be clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not crying tonight, we won in a very hard stadium while you bottled at home.

And i was cheering for Benfica, i always want Portuguese teams to win in Europe, let that be clear.
    Of course you are, by making a stupid comparison.

You were cheering for Benfica? One would think if that were the case you'd recognize the impact of the referee's (in)actions on the result. Bottleing....please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    how long you think Pogba is gonna be out?
    Hamstring, 3-4 weeks at least. Time for Ander Herrera to step up.

Deleted
    I love it when the Benfica vs Sporting rivals come to the thread.

You were cheering for Benfica? One would think if that were the case you'd recognize the impact of the referee's (in)actions on the result. Bottleing....please

I also think that was a penalty in favor of Benfica, i mean it was clear. The penalty against Benfica is debatable but at this level, in that position, a defender should already be with his hands behind his back. I am just saying you could have done better, specially playing at home.

Still, not a stupid comparison, i am just saying that in the CL referees see you like any other team and don't protect you against everything. Now you know how Sporting, Porto and the other Portuguese teams feel when some things aren't whistled in our favor but then in the very same weekend or in the next, if the same or close circumstances happen to Benfica, boom always whistled in your favor without zero doubts.

In resume, what i am saying is: I wanted Benfica to win but at the same time it's nice to see you guys QQing when there's different criteria.

Amazing how Messi can carry Barcelona so hard but can't carry his NT against shitties like Venezuela and such.

Is it just me, or do we always get the Portuguese "banter" at start of CL seasons? I had a mighty big case of deja-vu reading through this last page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Is it just me, or do we always get the Portuguese "banter" at start of CL seasons? I had a mighty big case of deja-vu reading through this last page.
    Same story, the question is whos side are you on Xanjori?! Benfica or Sporting? Me im a Benfica man.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Same story, the question is whos side are you on Xanjori?! Benfica or Sporting? Me im a Benfica man.
    Uh, can't I be a uhm...fuck who is the third portuguese team? Porto! Can I be a Porto fan? Im a big fan of port, so just adding an o keeps it simple.

How big of a loss is lindelof?

You guys are making fun of it when you don't know how things run in Portugal. All you know, it's the name of 3 or 4 teams and that's pretty much it, am i wrong?

In England there are 6 big clubs which is the double of what we have in Portugal which is 3. Then all other clubs even if smaller have loads of fans, even some Championship teams have lots of fans.

Well, here in Portugal it's a lot different, we have a population of around 11 million and most people see themselves as fans of one of the big 3 and only then they have a second club, usually from the region they live or where raised in. I am not talking about 3rd or 4th division teams, everyone has their "second club" from the region they are from but actual teams from the first division have so few fans that it's ridiculous and are only cheered as second clubs.

So, it's pretty much 90%+ of our population cheering on only 3 clubs. Sporting, Porto and Benfica.

Now, almost everyone from the city of Porto and the neighborhood regions cheer for Porto, in the north of Portugal. Then in the rest of the country it's split between Sporting and Benfica.

Now, Sporting and Benfica are both from Lisbon, the capital and largest city and decades ago Benfica was considered the club of the poor and Sporting was considered the club of the rich. We all know that there's way more poor or middle class people than rich people so Benfica always had more fans and even though nowadays there's no longer the team of the rich/poor, the numbers stayed in favor of Benfica, because parents influence their child to be from their club or whatever reason. Now, like i said we are around 11 million, estimates are the following:

Benfica: 6 million fans.

Sporting: 2.5 million fans.

Porto: 2.5 million fans.

Now, when Benfica loses you have NO IDEA the noise that goes around the next day in the whole country, specially when it's important games or Sporting or Porto already have more points... It can last for weeks. The pressure is colossal against referees, league council (or whatever you guys call it in there), everything who has a saying in football is immediately put into doubt. TV channels don't shut up about it, same for newspapers, radio, Internet, EVERYTHING.

Now, for example, imagine yourself as a fan of Sporting or Porto and almost every week there's a clear penalty against your club and the referee always gives the other team the penalty kick. Then on the exact same weekend or in the next week or two a very similar/exactly the same type of penalty happens in a Benfica game, against them, and nothing is whistled to avoid all that pressure the next few days. Imagine that happening for years after years. Sounds fun? I don't think so.

Snip
    You know what the English lot are like, they're just taking the piss. Its nice to hear from the Portugal league. Gives a bit of variety.

Plus the Portuguese have the current best manager and player in the world so respect.