Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    we will have to re-evaluate our relics whenever we get a new one cause traits change.

it will be a pain in the ass for lootcouncil to evaluate things

the thing is that most casuals don't know what trait is the best so they won't even know if they got lucky with rng
    and players who min-max will just be annoyed that blizzard added another rng element
    so why add it in the first place?
    This was all mentioned multiple times in PTR threads that blues answered to, so it's not like they don't know. The devs chose to ignore the complaints. Their argument is that it gives chance to bad relics to get better, but they completely ignore how gear is distributed in raids with a Master Loot.

The only way around the crucible is to just roll on relics that have good traits and hope the RNG is good in the crucible. It's not worth rolling on bad relics hoping for RNG to improve them. Although there's nothing to help you on pugs, where everyone will roll like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    This was all mentioned multiple times in PTR threads that blues answered to, so it's not like they don't know. The devs chose to ignore the complaints. Their argument is that it gives chance to bad relics to get better, but they completely ignore how gear is distributed in raids with a Master Loot.

The only way around the crucible is to just roll on relics that have good traits and hope the RNG is good in the crucible. It's not worth rolling on bad relics hoping for RNG to improve them. Although there's nothing to help you on pugs, where everyone will roll like crazy.
    You'd think that the logical solution would be to just stop doing relics with stupid traits.
    Like no +defensive traits relics for DPS specs. Leave 3-4 best options for each spec and that's it.

But hell let's implement a new random thing that will randomly add a good trait to your shit relic to fix the shit relic issue.
    Yeah

will it matter in 8.0?

Quote Originally Posted by jdmike06 View Post
    Or you could simply enjoy the game and not be such a try-hard.
    This got me dead lmao so true

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponji View Post
    Because petulant children like yourself always cry when new features are implemented. You have no idea how to enjoy the game, as is, nor do you seem to understand the simple concept of speaking with your wallet and play time. The entire player base doesn't feel the same level of dissatisfaction you do, and if they did, no one would play. Get over yourself Captain cry baby. Go play another game or move on with your life already.

People like you: those who spend all their time crying about new features, are the most vitriolic cry babies I've every seen. I hope some day you all grow up to realize that this is just a game, and when you have a real job, a real career, and a family to take care of you'll look back on all the stupid comments you made on a third party fan site and go "what the hell was i thinking back then?"

Until then, get some Kleenex for all them tears.
    So because he has another opinion on the game then you, he's a cry babie?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post

If you are using loot council then why are you saying people are rolling to bad relics and hoping for rng? All the loot councils I know base their decision on the curret data they have, not guess work. If the relic is direct upgrade, with the ilvl and trait it has, for someone it should go to that player (or group of players). You cant base decision on "what if's". If you are talking about high end raiding where everything will be min maxed then this shouldn't even be a hard decision.

A piece of gear with Crit is worth more than a piece with haste for my specc.

See the problem here?

That's why different stats are stupid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If people quit over not being BiS, then good riddance.
    Sorry 'Nerd, not going to engage your endless fanboyism here that you're well known for on PvP forums. Fact is, people raid for BiS and this is just another barrier thrown up by Blizz to slow everyone down, and keep from producing new content for the rest of the xpac.

IOW, they're being cheap, greedy bastards again and it'll likely backfire on them just like they borked PvP in Legion and it caused ladder collapse and 60%+ loss in PvP'ers.

The rest has all been covered sufficiently in those 2 PTR threads I linked in post #19. Almost no one looks to be happy about this NC abomination.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-09-12 at 08:54 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love that Blizzard isn't catering to us hardcore Mythic raiders anymore. We're honestly not worth catering to. There are so few of us comparatively, and we're going to play WoW regardless of what Blizzard does because there is no game that even compares in terms of PvE. Good for them doing stuff that's actually good for the game by appealing to casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post

since some1 asked, here's frost mage sims for 1/3 points into t2 and 3/3 into T1
    https://gyazo.com/6acaf680b1ff665a2749bff8cbb6359d
    Those 1-3% dps losses look insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Because s/he is right.

Objectivly the damage difference only matters for the ~40 guilds who compete for world first. Everyone else is a crybaby over a bonus that might not be perfect but has less influence of killing the boss than actuallly paying attention for a minute to the fight they're in. They just feel bad "not being BiS" although it doesn't matter.
    There's literally 2 guilds who compete for world first (1 guild if Exo cuts hours). So that means nobody else should care about mix-maxing? Sorry, I disagree completely. This system is just bad.

This is actually why I LIKE the crucible so much. This makes it much easier to get really high impact relics from five mans.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I love that Blizzard isn't catering to us hardcore Mythic raiders anymore. We're honestly not worth catering to. There are so few of us comparatively, and we're going to play WoW regardless of what Blizzard does because there is no game that even compares in terms of PvE. Good for them doing stuff that's actually good for the game by appealing to casuals.
    How is this appealing to casuals?. It's sucks just as much for casuals, as for Mythic raiders
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

tbh i dont see what the game gains by adding crucible. why did they even bother with trying to make this work?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    for 99% of the players who play the game for fun and not as theorycrafting E-peen measuring. Crucible is just given them player power. Player Power feels good to people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    tbh i dont see what the game gains by adding crucible. why did they even bother with trying to make this work?
    because it does work? It extra player progression.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    How is this appealing to casuals?. It's sucks just as much for casuals, as for Mythic raiders
    Nope, casuals don't care. It's just a fun new mechanic for them to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    It increases the chance that players can get the best relic trait from a relic that doesn't have it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Sorry 'Nerd, not going to engage your endless fanboyism here that you're well known for on PvP forums. Fact is, people raid for BiS and this is just another barrier thrown up by Blizz to slow everyone down, and keep from producing new content for the rest of the xpac.

IOW, they're being cheap, greedy bastards again and it'll likely backfire on them just like they borked PvP in Legion and it caused ladder collapse and 60%+ loss in PvP'ers.

The rest has all been covered sufficiently in those 2 PTR threads I linked in post #19. Almost no one looks to be happy about this NC abomination.
    Hey look its Caolela, complaining in yet another thread about how everything is bad.

You could be a normal adult and just move on with your life. I mean letting 1 videogame cause you this much anguish and despair is not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Actually people who play less effective need more gear because, well you guessed it, they play less effective.
    When was the last time anyone outside world 40 got to a boss and wiped constantly on the enrage timer and actually needed every bit of dps or else the boss wouldn't die? Outside of world 40 you gain much more for just paying attention to the fight. For 99,9% of players the crucible is a bonus to their relics which might be exciting, might be not if you roll shit, it's a bonus nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the childish jibes would not add to the conversation even if he were wrong. which he is not. probably blowing it a bit out of proportion since as with everything blizzard there will eventually a cookie cutter list of what is best.
    There already are cookie cutter lists of whats best, but the problem is we as players have no control over that whatsoever. It would be like giving randomized talents to choose from and you have no control over what you're given. Sound fun? because it sure as fuck doesn't to me.