View Poll Results: Will you buy the Iphone X?

Voters
143. This poll is closed
  • Yes. $1000 is a bargain for this!

12 8.39%
  • No. Not worth it to me.

120 83.92%
  • Not sure. Depends on the phone plans being offered.

11 7.69%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Shrug. I personally have never coveted iphones, as someone else pointed out there are leasing/payment plans that make them within reach for most people (you're still paying for the phone in some form or another, though).

I probably would be more of an Apple fan if I thought the price for their products was justified. But my experience after having a couple of their products is that it's mostly hype.
    Mine's been the opposite...I started switching to Apple when I could afford it now as an adult (young adult but nevertheless I don't have to rely on the 'rents for stuff) and I find that the Apple products I have owned (MacBook, iPhone, an iPad that I forgot on a train in Germany) have lasted longer than any of their counterparts, and I'm very careful with my tech. My MacBook has lasted longer than any other laptop I have owned. Same with my iPhone.

That's just me though. I think the price is justified for its build quality...they last long and just work. Plus I really just don't like Windows...sadly I need it for gaming (on a rig of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are forgetting the key new feature! The police can now unlock your iPhone just by pointing it at your face. No more law suites asking Apple to disable their security, they're doing it out of the box now!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the first time I watched an Apple announcement for the Iphone where apple had almost nothing in the barrel. I think it's funny they ended with the Iphone X, like they intentionally set it apart from the Iphone 8, because they recognised the Iphone 8 was going to fall flat, so why not oversell this Iphone X.

I also had to chuckle a little when the Facial recognition fucking failed, to unlock the phone for the demonstration so they had to go to the backup to unlock it live. Yeah I think Apple might need to start going with every other year on the new Iphone launched, this was so almost nothing, the only something is that Apple seemed desperate to pull the trigger not only leaping over Iphone 7S branding but went to 8 which is almost identical, to Iphone X which seems like it probably needs to be fleshed out a little more.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Apple fanboys deserve to be ripped-off, so good for Apple.

Well, I'll be keeping my iPhone 7+ another year.

iPhone 8/8+ not much of a change
    iPhone X - face id is ludicrous and that top bezel will be painful until they remove the 'ears' from normal screen use. I mean - watching a movie with two ears of content, not to mention curved corners on the other side ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Phones have been been (somewhat) following Moore's Law but $1,000 is not outrageous for a new "State of the Art" phone. Most people don't realize how much the phone they are carrying is worth because the price is part of the contract.

Buy a nice phone outright then get a cheap data plan.

to be honest my favorite phone OS was windows phone 8/10 LOVED it but MS fails at marketing and apps left it. Went back to android. i'll never go apple so its a none issue, i tend to upgrade every 2 years so likely get a samsung galaxy 9 next spring or so. I do think 1k is reaching a price point a lot of people wont pay.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Blah blah Apple is overpriced blah blah but I own an expensive Samsung anyway blah blah

That's what I read from a lot of people.

Guys...who the fuck cares what phone another person buys? And why do you feel high and mighty for not owning a device? I feel like many people who claim that iPhone users are "elitists" are more elitist. "Look at me, I don't have an iPhone!" Who cares?
    Yep pretty much fuck everyone who doesn't like what I like. To which those they don't like what they like don't give a fuck. The problem is too many fucks given both samesung and Ifone just keep cleaning up $$$$$$$$$$$

Deleted
    Skipped a lot of the last iPhones in favor for Androids, but this time I'll be getting the iPhone X, was either that or the latest Samsung, which is the same price, for less tech.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The operating system is a disjointed, inconsistent and steaming pile of crap. Nothing more nothing less.
    This still seems vague to me. In what way? I'm honestly trying to understand as I've had no issues with the OS. Having used Android, Windows and Apple OS before, I do not find one OS to be more intuitive than another.

Deleted
    Right now, the X is listed for ~1.450$ (64GB) and ~1.650$ (256GB) on the Swedish Apple store. Ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, I'll be keeping my iPhone 7+ another year.

iPhone 8/8+ not much of a change
    iPhone X - face id is ludicrous and that top bezel will be painful until they remove the 'ears' from normal screen use. I mean - watching a movie with two ears of content, not to mention curved corners on the other side ?
    Yep just got mine after having the IPhone 4S I love it.

1150 euros for the X. roflmao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    1150 euros for the X. roflmao.
    It's more expensive than expected, yeah. I'm also a bit disappointed that it won't be available for pre-order before the end of October. :|

7+ Year Old Account
    Apple is shit. Buy an android.

10+ Year Old Account
    1k is a mental barrier for a lot of people for goodies like that. Yes I know phones are THE thing now (lovely how everyone stares at their screen 24/7) but anything over €1000 has to be goddamn' incredible to justify that price.
    Not too long ago a proper laptop was €1000 and I don't see a phone replacing that anytime soon.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    It's more expensive than expected, yeah. I'm also a bit disappointed that it won't be available for pre-order before the end of October. :|
    "Because I'm still buying it even if it was $5,000,000. Cause I'm cool and hip. Apple 4 life!" Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3733465/ip...launch-canada/

Wow. What a ripoff. Unless you have a job, this is a terrible purchase.
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    "Because I'm still buying it even if it was $5,000,000. Cause I'm cool and hip. Apple 4 life!" Amirite?
    No, but because it doesn't change the fact that I like it. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand the Apple. Maybe its just in the branding? Half the stuff the 8 and X are getting have been on standard on Android phones for a few years.

The removal of the home button sounds like trouble. Changing finger scanning for face scanner to make already (everyday) rare anomalies rarer doesnt make sense. For 1k I can just carry around a small tablet...hell a really nice laptop.

Its almost as if they are saying, "you guys dont know any better so were going to charge you out of the ass ".

Specs are meh. Its built like a G8 and LG6. Glass bodies are dumb and need to go because of the need for cases.

Iphone cameras have been behind Android flagships forna couple of generations now.

Im not.convinved the X has the specs to adequately power everything with costing battery life/performance issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    1k is a mental barrier for a lot of people for goodies like that. Yes I know phones are THE thing now (lovely how everyone stares at their screen 24/7) but anything over €1000 has to be goddamn' incredible to justify that price.
    Not too long ago a proper laptop was €1000 and I don't see a phone replacing that anytime soon.
    I could find you a beast of a gaming laptop for that price.

Resident Cosplay Progressive