Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I think my problem, was that it was made into such a big deal. I think they just pulled it out of their ass and went "HA! she is a lesbian!" If it was true from the start, they could have put in the backstory of her character, like how they did widowmaker and her husband. Nope, suddenly gay character, oh look its her! Why? CAUSE REASONS!
    So every gay character needs to have some kinda gay origin story? I think if you asked a member of the gay community why they were gay they would it's because they fancy people of the same sex. Their whole family wasn't butchered by someone of the oposite gender, they didn't fall into a vat tank of gay serum and they weren't mind controlled into only wanting sex where there is no chance of reproduction by an evil genius with a very long view into the destruction of mankind.

Sometimes people are gay, it doesn't require a backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    its not nonsense, its awesome.
    these crappy games should be praying they get attention like that
    Bungie and Destiny don't have to worry about getting attention for the game.

They don't want the drama associated by either "SJW" or "anti-SJW" people, it's a stupid headache. There are no principles to defend, or hills to die on, or anything of worth fighting over. They want to deal with the game, and game-related issues. Not some morons who can't get over a decade old meme or latte' sipping closet rapists screeching at each other like dueling tea kettles.

The game is not negatively impacted for the removal of a dumbass insignia.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

I mean.. are they kidding me? First Destiny is a generic sequel that I despise and refuse to buy because the first game was a real punch in the gut to loyal fans of Halo.(this is my opinion I will not mock you for enjoying Destiny 2). Shove microtransactions in their game. And now they are virtue signalling to people on twitter saying "Someone found a hate symbol in our game! We're so sorry! We're gonna remove this straight away! Please give us brownie points!"

This is so minor. So pathetic that nobody would even notice it. But they obviously had to throw up their hands and say "we're sorry!". It's a random assortment of symbols that just happens to look like a flag that "nazis" created on 4chan. Bungie should remember that their game depicts war and violence, and glorifies it with looting the enemy. This walking on eggshells shit and not being allowed to offend anyone needs to stop. No article to link. Not right now anyway. Which is probably why the OP is so disjointed but this kind of stuff annoys me.
    And yet here you are, being upset about it. Who's really at fault here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I love posts like this...

*fringe left tries to delete things from society, delete things from history, ban all speech they deem offensive, etc...*
    *someone says "nah that's dumb..."*

"OMG YOU'RE SO TRIGGERED BY THE LEFT GETTING TRIGGERED TOPLEL YOU HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    - Literally every thread where someone complains about retarded fringe leftists.
    If someone is saying it's pointless to be offended by something so trivial, then why are they being offended by it?

Like, if you're going to argue it's pointlessly pedantic because it's so minor, then why also get your panties in a knot about it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Bungie and Destiny don't have to worry about getting attention for the game.

They don't want the drama associated by either "SJW" or "anti-SJW" people, it's a stupid headache. There are no principles to defend, or hills to die on, or anything of worth fighting over. They want to deal with the game, and game-related issues. Not some morons who can't get over a decade old meme or latte' sipping closet rapists screeching at each other like dueling tea kettles.

The game is not negatively impacted for the removal of a dumbass insignia.
    that drama is here whether you or they want it or not.
    the paradigm of culture has shifted and the left wing tendencies of these companies will cause them to wither.

i'd really love to get into the weeds on this stuff but ill just get banned for it, so i'll just advise you to enjoy the ride and leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You must be diving pretty deep for these examples. I've literally never heard mass effect or dragon age be accused of virtue signaling. They are RPGs, the whole point is to have diverse experiences be possible.

Some people being pissed about Tracer being gay I do understand though, but I think that's less about virtue signaling and more about people not wanting HER to be the gay one because they want to e-bang her.
    You must be burying your head pretty damn dead in the sand. There's tons of bitching about why character X is gay/bi/lesbian or whether a game has too high of a percentage of gay people and we gotta stop pandering to those damn SJW assholes if there's more than one gay person in a game! I mean you literally don't even have to leave this site to find a thread or two whining about gay people in these games so if that's digging deep to you/shrug.

You can think what you want about the Tracer thing but you'd be wrong. While yes some people bitched because their e-fantasy was ruined there was not a small amount of pissing and whining over how SJW were ruining the gaming industry/Blizz was caving in to the SJW menace. Same thing about the Ass change too. For every one of those "Here's why buying coffee means you're racist" huffpost articles there's an almost equally stupid right wing corollary.

Funny thing is people like @BuckSparkles are actually far more like the evil caricature of SJW's they've concocted then they'd ever care to acknowledge.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a huge problem when I look at a minority character and have to ask myself "Were they made this way because the writer wanted it this way or was it to pander to a certain group of people?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're offended about other people being offended.
    this is an exceedingly stupid line of thought that always gets thrown around. if nobody stands against anything, nothing changes.

it isn't the same symbol, so i don't believe it should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's not a straw man. Any time I have literally called anything left wing you chime in with "Thats not left wing actually"
    Yup. Had the same thing happen to me. It's a pointless attempt at trying to seem superior and distance people he doesn't agree with from his group, the "real" left.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And yet here you are, being upset about it. Who's really at fault here?
    I can point out what is stupid as much as I want to. This is a pointless change and shouldn't have happened.

There's a huge problem when I look at a minority character and have to ask myself "Were they made this way because the writer wanted it this way or was it to pander to a certain group of people?"

It's not really a huge problem. If it's a well done character it shouldn't matter if it's pandering and not. More often then not characters put in solely for pandering are not and so backlash for that is appropriate. The market will correct itself and minorities will be represented more frequently and more accurately as the bullshit gets sorted out. And eventually people like you will stop loosing their shit because there were 2 too many black people in a game. Or the opposite 2 too few because eventually it'll average out to a point where no one will notice or care about most individual deviations from "normal".

It'd be nice if the concern was even remotely close to being mostly about pandering. Fact of the matter is being represented in the media and how people are represented in the media do matter and even you woke independents aren't immune to brainwashing by what you see in your entertainment.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-09-13 at 12:09 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck? I was expecting something that resembled a swastika, not something that resembled an internet meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Or... Bungee decided to avoid a larger version of the "Deus Vult" mini memefest that kicked off around For Honor. Social media presence is a big thing for games these days, and quite rightly, they'd look to avoid that nonsense.
    This is most likely the case, but people have to be drama queens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Oh look, someone is offended over people being offended by people being offended again.

Am I doing it right?
    Pretty much. It's a stupid statement on their part used to deflect the idiocy that is being spewed. Saying "oh look somebody is offended over people being offended" is a way to silence valid criticism, but they think it's some cheeky edgy way to dismantle an argument. Kind of similar to how people, including certain mods and posters here, keep suggesting "oh do you want a safe space" or "are you triggered" in reference to things like a Trump supporter being assaulted or having death threats spewed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    except that some of these 'hate symbols' are only that because someone got up and said so... like the a-ok hand sign...

yes... this symbol of white supremacy and hate towards non-whites... or is it the triple 6 and praising satan? or what nowadays?

so there's a bit of text that can be mistaken for kek. what's next? are we going to request therapists all change their job title?
    In Brazil that's something like flipping a person the bird.

Wait, "kek" is the offending phrase?

I thought it was the 4 K's somehow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can point out what is stupid as much as I want to. This is a pointless change and shouldn't have happened.
    YOu can. It doesn't change how inane your complaint is. How is this even an issue? You complain about an overreaction then you sit here blatantly overreacting to something meaningless. Bungie can do whatever they want and change whatever they want and you have no say in it. They felt it was inappropriate so they decided to change it. Why do you even react to it? It's so utterly meaningless. It's completely pointless to argue. There is nothing to argue.

might as well just ban the color green and white

More oppression against the proud people of kekistan.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    If she showed interest in one of the male characters would you still be pitchforking?
    As a matter of fact, I would be asking what does that have to do with anything for overwatch? Was it shoehorned in intentionally going AHAH! She isn't gay! Or were they trying to meet the straight quota?

Its funny how people automatically think just cause I say that, I am angry or pitchforking. Gay/straight/attack helicopter, it doesn't freaking matter, its goddamn game. What bothers me is when developers have to make it a POINT to show off that the person is gay/straight/attack helicopter for no reason then to be like "SEE WE ARE DIVERSE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So every gay character needs to have some kinda gay origin story? I think if you asked a member of the gay community why they were gay they would it's because they fancy people of the same sex. Their whole family wasn't butchered by someone of the oposite gender, they didn't fall into a vat tank of gay serum and they weren't mind controlled into only wanting sex where there is no chance of reproduction by an evil genius with a very long view into the destruction of mankind.

Sometimes people are gay, it doesn't require a backstory.
    It doesn't but as the reasons I stated above, they are just normal people, you could be gay, I dont know, and I don't honestly care. If they make a story about her in a comic or whatever that points out she is a lesbian, good for them, doesn't make a difference. What I am talking about is the whole posting, making a giant deal out of it, making it a "GUESS WHO IS GAY!" thing, then being "AHAH! IT WAS HER THE WHOLE TIME!" Like it was some sort of exhibit at a zoo.

There was no reason for it, thats why I am complaining about it