View Poll Results: Will you buy the Iphone X?

Voters
143. This poll is closed
  • Yes. $1000 is a bargain for this!

12 8.39%
  • No. Not worth it to me.

120 83.92%
  • Not sure. Depends on the phone plans being offered.

11 7.69%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    $1000 isn't a huge amount of money to me so I'll still get it, but I appreciate it'll be out of reach of a lot of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    $1000 isn't a huge amount of money to me so I'll still get it, but I appreciate it'll be out of reach of a lot of people.
    people like you are the type of consumer I'd expect to get such a phone, someone who can easily pay such a price for that kind of device, as it's an extremely expensive product of it's market and thus should be rare.

However, with rabid apple fans, I'm expecting that you're going to see this thing everywhere, and a lot of people who buy it can't actually afford it, but are fine with debt or staying in poverty.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    people like you are the type of consumer I'd expect to get such a phone, someone who can easily pay such a price for that kind of device, as it's an extremely expensive product of it's market and thus should be rare.

However, with rabid apple fans, I'm expecting that you're going to see this thing everywhere, and a lot of people who buy it can't actually afford it, but are fine with debt or staying in poverty.
    I wouldn't encourage people getting into debt to buy a phone but you're right, people will regardless. I know you have to undergo a credit check (in the UK) to get a phone on a contract but I am dubious about how strict they are.

$1000 sounds like a lot, but I think most people will be buying it on an installment plan anyway. So instead of $30 a month, it'll be around $50. Not really a deal breaker for most people. Skip McD's once or twice a month and you can afford it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    $1000 sounds like a lot, but I think most people will be buying it on an installment plan anyway. So instead of $30 a month, it'll be around $50. Not really a deal breaker for most people. Skip McD's once or twice a month and you can afford it.
    Even with those plans and subscriptions, you're still paying 1000 dollars/euro's or more. the iphone X is priced at 1159 euro's here, I'd never spend that kind of money on a device I'd use for less that 2 years.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Deleted

That's pretty much it yeah. If you're rich (and you like Apple products) then whatever, go nuts, buy the damn thing. But there are many people who probably only earn about £1.5k a MONTH so this phone would pretty much be worth a 1 month wage for them. Those people will probably go on payment plans for this phone with the mobile company of their choice and end up spending far more than the phone's actual price - so instead of spending £1.1k in one go, they'll most likely end up spending almost 2 grand (and the fun part is that by the end, Apple will have released an even newer phone and the current one will be cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    It's more expensive than expected, yeah. I'm also a bit disappointed that it won't be available for pre-order before the end of October. :|
    I can get the S8+ for 695 here, what the fuck is Apple thinking, 'reputation' can only go so far. Also, the arrogance displayed in the presentation cracked me up.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-12 at 11:47 PM.

Only once bought a Apple product (Iphone4S).. fool me once.. shame on you... but you will not fool me twice. I really disliked that phone but used it for many years as I had to justify the money spend.. Now I have a Lumia 650 and it is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    That's funny.
    And by the way, also wrong.
    No, it isnt, my wife has an app that is only on iOS that is why she returned her Not iPad to get an iPad.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    The presentation for the X felt like a copy & paste of the 8 with Face ID thrown in. If they bundled a year of Apple Music & iCloud storage (as rumoured) I might be persuaded but Face ID is not that important to me to justify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Apple is shit. Buy an android.
    Android has a shit OS and no quality control when it comes to third party apps.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Apple watch was cool, the phones are terribly overpriced.

The "Michael" dude did solid Oscar worthy performances on stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If you have an iPhone 7 right now with a contract (USC, VZ, TM), you can trade your i7 in for an i8 for about a $200 cost. I'll be doing this today even though I've only had my i7 since March. Gotta keep up! :P

If you have credit this price is mute, why blame Apple for your poor choices in life? lmao
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2017-09-12 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    No, but because it doesn't change the fact that I like it. *shrug*
    Oh hell yeah, no one was doubting that you did! Totally worth the price, you groovy chick! You're going to be the hippest and coolest person on the planet once you buy that bad boy. Everyone's gonna be so jelly of it when they see you with it. They're gonna be all "whoa, she totally loves that thing, I wish I could love something as much as she loves that!" when they spot it across the way while you're eating your kale salad and craft beer served in a mason jar. Cause you're just that rad, baby, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Wrong! Most people with jobs don't buy a 1000$ phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wrong! Most people with jobs don't buy a 1000$ phone.
    And you base this declaration on what, exactly?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This still seems vague to me. In what way?
    It isn't vague - it is in fact general, no part of the Android phones i had performed in any way reliably or consistently. Nothing worked at all... no exaggeration.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No, it isnt, my wife has an app that is only on iOS that is why she returned her Not iPad to get an iPad.
    Let's assume it was an iPhone app ( as we are talking about phones here, there are other arguments as to why iPads are not the best in the market either) and let's assume there is no similar app on Android ( which would indeed be odd), you can run iOS on top of Android ( or even dual boot if you want to), iPhone doesn't give you such freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Time to dust of my lawn chair and head down to the nearest apple store so i can troll the early adopters that are no doubt camping there already.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Let's assume it was an iPhone app ( as we are talking about phones here, there are other arguments as to why iPads are not the best in the market either) and let's assume there is no similar app on Android ( which would indeed be odd), you can run iOS on top of Android ( or even dual boot if you want to), iPhone doesn't give you such freedom.
    Why do you want to run an OS on top of another OS that you have zero intention to use? If I use Windows 100% of the time, I am not going to bother to install Linux and then run Windows from Linux because reasons (or in your case, muh freedom).
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-09-13 at 02:43 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Why do you want to run an OS on top of another OS that you have zero intention to use? If I use Windows 100% of the time, I am not going to bother to install Linux and then run Windows from Linux because reasons (or in your case, muh freedom).
    Yea, we are not talking about people's ability (or desire or need) to use a system to its fullest, we are comparing features provided by two different operating systems.

PS. As I mentioned in my previous comment, you don't need to run iOS on top of Android, you can boot directly into iOS if you really want that.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-09-13 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.