View Poll Results: If you could start school for anything money not object what would it be?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Engineering

4 15.38%
  • Medicine

6 23.08%
  • Architecture

1 3.85%
  • Science

6 23.08%
  • Other (Comment below)

9 34.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Industrial Design and Sculpture. I'd say Ceramics is for hippies, but busting ass making molds and spending days at the kiln is no joke. There was a survey awhile back showing the most time demanding majors. BFAs pretty much topped the list.

Pro-tip, the ceramics studio is the surest place to score beer and drugs.
    I am guessing if you took ceramics you wouldn't need any tips on how to find either of those things.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could go back to school I would learn about CRISPR and genetic engineering overall. I would like to be part of that pioneering process which will lead to not only immortality but the ability to grant anyone any alteration to their body. It's going to be a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would need to finish my current degree first but I'd go for either music or photography

blacksmithing would be amazing, if it was about the old art of making weapons / armor. Heck i've looked for any near me that would take on an apprentice for free but no joy (not surprising) I'd also do medieval sword fighting / combat training (which does exist 1.5 hrs away from me )
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. Money isn't an issue, I just have no desire whatsoever to spend time in a lecture hall again.

Classical studies: Greco-Roman history, art, language, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    That is amazing, self taught cool, so what kind of things did you learn to make Stonemason and Blacksmithing?
    Pretty much everything like restoring, re-creating, designing and so on. Daggers, swords, gauntlets, armour, sculptures, musical instruments, art, jewelery and so on. I sold different kind of ocarinas for over 800€ total and 1 special ocarina for 600€.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Foodies I noticed.

Deleted
    Already (kind of) doing it - by studying Theology. I will never make a lot of money from those studies and what will follow, but I don't care.

random ass degrees in subjects that I have always been interested but in no way would devote resources toward for a degree because I know I'd never find a job with it. Ancient Near East history and literature, classical and Bronze Age Greek history and literature, English literature, etc. I always imagined that in another life, I'd be an architecture or a car designer so I'd study all that too. (Career took me in a different direction.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    random ass degrees in subjects that I have always been interested but in no way would devote resources toward for a degree because I know I'd never find a job with it. Ancient Near East history and literature, classical and Bronze Age Greek history and literature, English literature, etc. I always imagined that in another life, I'd be an architecture or a car designer so I'd study all that too. (Career took me in a different direction.)
    Always found it better to follow a passion as long as you have the ability. At least take up a trade or profession then use that to fund the passion.

English. Going to retire on a tropical beach somewhere and teach at the local school.

Maybe Art so I can figure out how to put what's in my head down onto paper (or into the nearest 3D printer). So much to do, so little time.