Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean thats kind of already a thing. I've seen so many Heroic ToS groups requiring 930 lol, so realistically it'll probably be more like "950 for 930 gear"
    Tbf that 930 is what you appear as with gear in your bags. I'm 933 equipped but im 947 in group finder because 20 legendaries. An extreme example, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Tbf that 930 is what you appear as with gear in your bags. I'm 933 equipped but im 947 in group finder because 20 legendaries. An extreme example, but yeah.
    Except you're not because the game only counts 2 legendaries for your overall item level (since around Nighthold patch or earlier)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Don't worry, you'll be the "victim" again soon enough.

And the forums will never hear the end of it.
    I know this is just temporary but it feels great now xD

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been a problem for most of a decade. Its the name of the game just find friends or guildies if not then nothing you can do about it besides find that lucky realistic group.

Deleted
    920 hype in 7.3

and still a roadblock in "elite" grps
    Last edited by mmoc13edddfe5a; 2017-09-13 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluLoco View Post
    920 hype in 7.3

Is pretty much what you get with full 910 gear plus 2 legendaries. Full Argus + legendaries.

Gratz OP!

My alts are also having a blast gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I agree with you, but get ready for the Hate Train from the angry wannabe elitists
    The emphasis on the "wannabe", real Mythic raiders do not care what gear others earn.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    You're still not gonna move out of frontal cone aoe any faster or switch to adds when you need to.

Instead of blizz showing your exact number they should just put it in ranges like 925 to 930 stuff like that

920 isn't high lol, my alts are 920. Also ilvl doesnt = skill. If you have a high ilvl but do garbage dps, you're still getting kicked

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 922 thanks to Argus but it kind of sucks seeing as how I have shit itemization and zero tier since I am at the mercy of Relinquished RNG for 98% of my slots. Doesn't help that I blew about 12 Trinkets hoping for an Arcano Crystal though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

So contrary to all the outcries about "checking wowprogress" "must have 2k+ score" and "link achievement" there are actually groups that just take people by itemlevel? Well that's a positive surprise isn't it?

Would be even better news if OP stated they don't play a healer (which we don't know atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Maybe not, but achievements mean much more than ilvl. I would take a 920 with ToS AotC over a 935 without it.
    Yeah you're right they totally mean more I mean it's not like there's an addon that allows you to fake them or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Just wait until Antorus comes out and people want ilvl 940 for a raid that drops ilvl 930 gear.
    See, what you're not understanding is those are speed clear groups. They're not there to charity carry low geared/low skilled players pulling 600k dps who want to skip past the "getting better" portion of the game. My DH is 936 equipped and I run with a 925+ group. We're in and out in roughly an hour. Those people that are 910 with no tier and 1 good legendary, they need to progress just like the rest of us have. Mock it if you'd like, but it's efficient

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Ya, you clearly don't understand how ILvL shows anymore. This isn't 7.1. Try again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    You're still not gonna move out of frontal cone aoe any faster or switch to adds when you need to.
    Lol this. Excellently put. ILvL will not save bad players

Quote Originally Posted by Noblebanned View Post
    See, what you're not understanding is those are speed clear groups. They're not there to charity carry low geared/low skilled players pulling 600k dps who want to skip past the "getting better" portion of the game. My DH is 936 equipped and I run with a 925+ group. We're in and out in roughly an hour. Those people that are 910 with no tier and 1 good legendary, they need to progress just like the rest of us have. Mock it if you'd like, but it's efficien
    I know that some of them are speed clear groups, they say as much in the description/title and those have a valid reason but I'd say on average in my own experience 80-90% of the group listings are like this. Also, people with 910 gear ARE equipped to do normal ToS given that they have on average better gear than the raid drops, they shouldn't have to look for "charity groups" in fact in a healthy community the average group would take them as 910 *should be* a character thats cleared the raid a few times and has a decent amount of gear from it. Instead someone that outgears the drops in the raid is considered too low geared to do that content. Also, it should be noted that none of this takes into account player skill. I could have my guildies carry me through Heroic ToS and get all sorts of good gear and AFK it the whole time and I will always get invited to pugs because of my ilvl despite the fact that in this case I may be a terrible player while a person in appropriate gear that does not entirely outgear the content will get rejected very quickly without second thought regardless of whether they'd actually pull their own weight which again if someone is pulling their own weight they should not need a "charity group".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ahah "first world problems"
    But more seriously, for the first time since the beginning of Legion i am now accepted in random groups for Mythic+ dungeons. (+10 plus)
    I'm finally respected with my ilvl of 920
    I'm afraid this will only be possible until the new raid is released. Then the item level requirements will rocket up again (i hope not)

As a casual it feels so nice to finally be respected by the elite group that was "Mythic + Dungeons"

I don't think i'm deceiving people into accepting me though because i usually study mechanics before entering a Dungeon or raid.
    Meaning, i don't think is that bad of an idea for "casual shadowpunkz" to be on your +10 Maw of Souls.
    Must be great to be rewarded for doing nothing.
    They might as well mail people the gear now or just removed it as actual effort and skill means nothing.

This is the point of catch up patches, players are equalised a bit, we all get ready for the next tier. I never worry about my alts falling behind, every 3-4 months they get back on top.

I did prefer it when the catch up wasn't quite so massive that it invalidates all previous content, but apparently I'm in the minority with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok. They'll start seeing that once they invite you they will see that you have all relinquished gear on and kick you out again and say "GET YOUR GEAR LEGIT SCRUB! NO WELFARE EPICS ALLOWED!"

We are in one of those transition areas in content and item level.
    In pugging 7.2.5, keeping in mind it's a free market system, it was something like:
    735+ for an A (groups feel lucky to snag you)
    725+ B (most of the group meets this)
    715+ C (you'll do if no one better queues)
    705+ D (they'd have to be desperate)
    <705 E (auto-decline)

Right now I'd say we're maybe:
    740+ A
    730+ B
    720+ C
    710+ D
    <710 E

The numbers will keep climbing slowly until the new raid opens, with players logging in to unlock the Crucible and get their free 15 weapon levels, players opening their weekly 935 chests, and more players progressing in Mythic. The numbers will really take off again when the new raid opens and M+ scales higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Just wait until Antorus comes out and people want ilvl 940 for a raid that drops ilvl 930 gear.
    this will be actually very interesting - since without heavy warforging/titanforging veiled argunite gear will get people to around 925 - so this should the the entry req for most of normal antorus before gear will inflate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuluLoco View Post
    920 hype in 7.3

op is not talking about real elite group - because real elite group put 935+ in req box and low level people dont even see them so no harm is done - op is talking about elitest d....bag who have low itemelevel themselves but req 940 in order to carry them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    We are in one of those transition areas in content and item level.
    In pugging 7.2.5, keeping in mind it's a free market system, it was something like:
    735+ for an A (groups feel lucky to snag you)
    725+ B (most of the group meets this)
    715+ C (you'll do if no one better queues)
    705+ D (they'd have to be desperate)
    <705 E (auto-decline)

Right now I'd say we're maybe:
    740+ A
    730+ B
    720+ C
    710+ D
    <710 E

The numbers will keep climbing slowly until the new raid opens, with players logging in to unlock the Crucible and get their free 15 weapon levels, players opening their weekly 935 chests, and more players progressing in Mythic. The numbers will really take off again when the new raid opens and M+ scales higher.
    dont forget about world bosses - out of 10-15 kills people will get by the time raid opens they will for sure get few 930 pieces - that plus crafted gear which will be relatively cheap by then 930+ is reasonable itemlevel to aim at by the time 7.3.5 lands