Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They could add a 4th spec for every class (a 3rd for DH and revamp the Feral Druid's poor gameplay ) and use some lore characters and the fact that Order Class worked together and learned from each other.

Death Knight: I love the Unholy, really, but Blizzard should exploit more the range aspect and the combination with the abomination. Rework this spec, and add "Necromancer" spec, a Healer spec with Staff and/or Polearm that use the entire knowledge of the Death Knight (Blood / Frost / Unholy) with different skills to heal and protect using Death Runes. Adding to that a knowledge into the Shadow/Void that allows the Necromancer to auto-rez and battle-rez an ally (Lich's phylactery) or use Banshees and skeletons. Lore character could be KelThuzad.

Hunter: "Shadow Hunter". That class has 2 range and a melee specs. I don't think adding a 3rd range spec is usefull if Blizzard keeps the 2 others like this. Marksmanship focus on shooting powerful hits, Beastmaster should exploit more the interaction between the hunter and his pet (more than 1 or 2 buttons), Survival is cool. Shadow Hunter should be a Tank spec, Melee with 2 one-hand swords, with some skills to escape.

Priest: "Inquisitor". A melee Damage Dealer spec that use 2 daggers and light magic, just like that good old Scarlet Crusade boss.

Warrior: "Commander", a Heal spec using a Shield and one-hand mace. The Commander can use his melee skills to feed his rage and use Battle Cries to empower/protect his allies and buff the heal done on targets and provides buffs to leech life from their enemies.

Shaman: "Rune Master". Using the Earth Element to protect, this Tank spec use a Shield and one-hand mace.

Rogue: "Bard", a heal spec like in the "Rift" game.

Warlock: "Void Guardian", a Tank spec that uses the Warlock knowledge to tap into the Twisting Neither and empower him with the Voidwalkers.

Demon Hunter: "Warden", a Range Damage Dealer using Warglaives.

Paladin: "Light Fury", a Range Damage Dealer using the Light to attack his enemies.

Mage: "Spellblade", a Melee Damage Dealer using Arcane Magic to empower is 2 hands Sword and other schools to control or burst their enemies.

Monk: "Jade apprentice", a Range Damage Dealer using Polearm that can cast Nature/Spirit spells and summon Jade Serpents

Druid: Despite Blizzard separated the Feral spec in two (Guardian/Feral), the Melee DD spec lacks of fun gameplay. They should keep the base of that spec in the Feral Form for other specs (with some mechanic changes depending on the spec) and go further for this melee spec. For example "Scythe Wolf", you play an original spec using the power of the Druids of the Scythe, mastering the Full Feral Form and the Emerald Nightmare's power.

So, this would add 3 Heal / 3 Tanks / 3 Range DD / 3 Melee DD and allow players to switch their roles more often depending on the situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    You can't add a new Mail class that ALSO uses the same weapons as Hunters.
    Uhm... why?

Why on earth couldn't you? Only 2 mail users and only 1 bow/gun/crossbow user?

- - - Updated - - -

So instead of normal arrows this class shoots shadow arrows? STOP TALKING RIGHT NOW I'M ALREADY SOLD!
    Your imagination is wonderful.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could you at least try to offer a single argument as to why not?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Dark Ranger is definitely on the short list of the most desired Warcraft archetypes for WoW.

I think Tinker and Dark Ranger are unrivaled. A lot of people thought we'd never see a Demon Hunter because it was too close to Warlock, just like a lot of people think we won't see Dark Ranger because it's too close to Hunter. However, Blizzard isn't stupid. I know a TON of people who bought WoW just because they "needed" to play a DH.

With the success of Legion, and them hitting a lot of the fan service ideas, I think they are way more open to what the community wants now.
    The idea of this Tinker class nonsense needs to go away and die and very horrible death.
    Nobody likes Gnomes or Goblins, nobody wants a goddamn Tinker class.
    I sure don't.

Dark Ranger though, that would be cool.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2017-09-13 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Dark Ranger is definitely on the short list of the most desired Warcraft archetypes for WoW.

I think Tinker and Dark Ranger are unrivaled. A lot of people thought we'd never see a Demon Hunter because it was too close to Warlock, just like a lot of people think we won't see Dark Ranger because it's too close to Hunter. However, Blizzard isn't stupid. I know a TON of people who bought WoW just because they "needed" to play a DH.

With the success of Legion, and them hitting a lot of the fan service ideas, I think they are way more open to what the community wants now.
    Demon hunters are melee while Warlocks are ranged. Even with that glaring difference they only managed to get two specs out of the idea. Too many people think that a successful spec only requires a cool spell effect and lore source.

You need a "fantasy" to fulfill in order to produce a popular spec. Lots of people would be interested in a angsty shadow magic ranger but that is the only archer fantasy hunters don't already fulfill. Dark Ranger is already too niche, it might as well be a hunter spec. Name the significant thematic difference between a ranger who shoots purple magic attacks and one that shoots purple magic attacks but its "void."

I think blizz should be more ambitious and add one new spec to every class (its a lot of work but it'd bring back players). Hunters could then have a Dark Ranger spec.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    The idea of this Tinker class nonsense needs to go away and die and very horrible death.
    Nobody likes Gnomes or Goblins, nobody wants a goddamn Tinker class.
    I sure don't.

Dark Ranger though, that would be cool.
    Because you know what everybody wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if horde got dark ranger and alliance got tinker

That would be fun for MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Imagine if horde got dark ranger and alliance got tinker

That would be fun for MMO-C.
    I would spend a very long time laughing at the tears. I hope that happens.

Yes op the thread title is accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    They could add a 4th spec for every class (a 3rd for DH and revamp the Feral Druid's poor gameplay ) and use some lore characters and the fact that Order Class worked together and learned from each other.

Death Knight: I love the Unholy, really, but Blizzard should exploit more the range aspect and the combination with the abomination. Rework this spec, and add "Necromancer" spec, a Healer spec with Staff and/or Polearm that use the entire knowledge of the Death Knight (Blood / Frost / Unholy) with different skills to heal and protect using Death Runes. Adding to that a knowledge into the Shadow/Void that allows the Necromancer to auto-rez and battle-rez an ally (Lich's phylactery) or use Banshees and skeletons. Lore character could be KelThuzad.

Hunter: "Shadow Hunter". That class has 2 range and a melee specs. I don't think adding a 3rd range spec is usefull if Blizzard keeps the 2 others like this. Marksmanship focus on shooting powerful hits, Beastmaster should exploit more the interaction between the hunter and his pet (more than 1 or 2 buttons), Survival is cool. Shadow Hunter should be a Tank spec, Melee with 2 one-hand swords, with some skills to escape.

Priest: "Inquisitor". A melee Damage Dealer spec that use 2 daggers and light magic, just like that good old Scarlet Crusade boss.

Warrior: "Commander", a Heal spec using a Shield and one-hand mace. The Commander can use his melee skills to feed his rage and use Battle Cries to empower/protect his allies and buff the heal done on targets and provides buffs to leech life from their enemies.

Shaman: "Rune Master". Using the Earth Element to protect, this Tank spec use a Shield and one-hand mace.

Rogue: "Bard", a heal spec like in the "Rift" game.

Warlock: "Void Guardian", a Tank spec that uses the Warlock knowledge to tap into the Twisting Neither and empower him with the Voidwalkers.

Demon Hunter: "Warden", a Range Damage Dealer using Warglaives.

Paladin: "Light Fury", a Range Damage Dealer using the Light to attack his enemies.

Mage: "Spellblade", a Melee Damage Dealer using Arcane Magic to empower is 2 hands Sword and other schools to control or burst their enemies.

Monk: "Jade apprentice", a Range Damage Dealer using Polearm that can cast Nature/Spirit spells and summon Jade Serpents

Druid: Despite Blizzard separated the Feral spec in two (Guardian/Feral), the Melee DD spec lacks of fun gameplay. They should keep the base of that spec in the Feral Form for other specs (with some mechanic changes depending on the spec) and go further for this melee spec. For example "Scythe Wolf", you play an original spec using the power of the Druids of the Scythe, mastering the Full Feral Form and the Emerald Nightmare's power.

So, this would add 3 Heal / 3 Tanks / 3 Range DD / 3 Melee DD and allow players to switch their roles more often depending on the situations.
    Cool ideas, though I would give the mage either a tank spec or a heal spec. We already have 3 dps spec in this class. And I would make the rogue's 4th spec an evasion tank. Healer would not fit a class which is so strongly connected to killing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted Dark Ranger to be added, and while they've tried to add some of that flavor to the Hunter class, it's never quite jived with their theme. More importantly, I feel like there really needs to be another class that can use mail armor and ranged weapons.

I think there are a couple possibilities that could make it work, while still clearly distinguishing them from Hunters. A Ranger class would be a viable way to incorporate not only Dark Rangers and the new "Void Ranger" that Alleria represents, but also the troll Shadow Hunters and maybe even night elf Wardens.

Not to say that I think we're likely to get a new class so soon after the introduction of Demon Hunters, but maybe in the expansion after next they could introduce Ranger as a core class alongside playable ethereals, similar to Monks and pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I've always wanted Dark Ranger to be added, and while they've tried to add some of that flavor to the Hunter class, it's never quite jived with their theme. More importantly, I feel like there really needs to be another class that can use mail armor and ranged weapons.
    Ya! So let's make it a HUNTER that shoots purple void arrows, so kewl! I have played hunter since this was a game. I am very involved in the hunter community there is no demand for this outside of here basically. Y'all need to get over it. If anything like this ever happens it will be spec for hunters not a class. There is nothing remotely unique about this enough to warrant a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I think blizzard is setting up for a void based class.
    Is this everyone's way of saying that Shadow priests suck? Are Shadow priests not void based enough? We went through Vanilla and 6 expansions to get a second Fel class and all that time I don't recall people wishing for another Fel based class, warlocks were enough. Even when we did get that second class, it was one that we already knew existed and had seen as far back as BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Ya! So let's make it a HUNTER that shoots purple void arrows, so kewl! I have played hunter since this was a game. I am very involved in the hunter community there is no demand for this outside of here basically. Y'all need to get over it. If anything like this ever happens it will be spec for hunters not a class. There is nothing remotely unique about this enough to warrant a new class.
    We get it, you're a weird hipster on the autism spectrum. Your profile picture says it all so there's no need to continue trying to convince everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    The people who want Tinkerer to be a class would be pretty upset if this one happened first. Just sayin.
    Noone wants that though

Considering hunters direction of late, i'm all for it.
    it'll probably get way more attention than we've been getting this expansion, gladly reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Noone wants that though
    They totally do tho, even Ion has mentioned it. There is zero demand for a 2nd class that is just a hunter but has void themed abilities. This is what specs are for. It's totally strong enough for a spec, it is 100% not a thing that should be another class, anymore than dark warrior or rogue or mage. Dumb dumb dumb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    They totally do tho, even Ion has mentioned it. There is zero demand for a 2nd class that is just a hunter but has void themed abilities. This is what specs are for. It's totally strong enough for a spec, it is 100% not a thing that should be another class, anymore than dark warrior or rogue or mage. Dumb dumb dumb
    I was making a joke.

But i love it when people project their own opinions as that of everyone.

"Everyone wants tinkers because xyz"
    "Noone wants Dark Rangers because xyz"

I'm sure that kind of argumentation will get you far

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I was making a joke.

But i love it when people project their own opinions as that of everyone.

"Everyone wants tinkers because xyz"
    "Noone wants Dark Rangers because xyz"

I'm sure that kind of argumentation will get you far
    I did not say everyone wants tinkers I said there is demand for it, enough that Blizz developers have discussed it openly.

The few people in this forum and outside of it that want dark rangers to be a new class (who knows why) relatively speaking amount to a spec of dust on a hill of beans.

It's a very stupid idea and I think I demonstrated exactly why, it's just a hunter with void themed abilities. I'd like to play that too, that does sound cool. But that does not warrant a new class at all in any way shape or form. I mean for the most part what people want out of this could be achieved with glyphs and undead looking pets.

Imagine if combat rogues were still a thing but instead blizzard designed this new class called the Dread Pirate or something, but it's really just a rogue with pirate/swashbuckler themed abilities and shit. That's essentially what people are asking for here and I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it's an objectively terrible idea. Blizzard would lose money for sure doing that, they would not turn a profit on that idea.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-13 at 10:55 AM.