Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The developer obsession with "time played" metrics will be the death of this game.

Deleted
    This is gonna cause so many issues when giving out loot in guild raids. Baffling system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Doing high DPS is fine, but you people who take it to this level of " we can't have this because it is RNG and too hard to min max around" is ruining the game for the much much much much larger percentage of the player base that do not deal with that shit, have zero interest in min maxing every aspect, and would rather just enjoy the " oh hey, cool, I got a bonus trait" or " awesome, this legendary is pretty sweet." Min maxers, you are such an infintesmally small percentage of the player base its not even funny. I would bet more people do pet battles than attempt to min max everything.
    Yeah, fair point. Tbh the most fun I have in this game is when I'm playing with in-game or RL friends. But they usually get bored and stop playing, only thing left is which I found fun in the past is to join a guild and try to get through content while maximize my performance. Ilvl and DPS numbers, all I cared about pretty much. Maybe occasional mount and transmog runs.

With the current RNG involved, the little time I can invest is not enough to reach (thanks to BiS legendaries, WF/TF and now BiS of BiS relics) my full potential. I see no real reason to join a more serious guild to farm ToS at this point, so I kinda stopped caring, maybe it's a good thing.

Now, few of my friends have returned, I rerolled and planning to level up some alts too. Will see how long I stay subbed this time around, while only raiding when I feel like it. Hell, maybe I'll try to not be a complete baddie in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    It will even out relics by adding the second trait. It's a good thing.
    well, when you have only one good trait and the rest are worth less than 1 ilevel, it doesnt really matter, since most relics will have two shit traits one way or the other...

5+ Year Old Account
    We mages have it easy put torment of the weak everywhere. Would go personally for some haste as well. I saw on raidbot they have sims for relics enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I've spent much of today explaining to friends, guildies, etc., how it works because it's unnecessarily complicated and definitely not straightforward. As a foundational character feature, it hasn't been well-explained--which might explain why so many people are confused (even after reading fansites/guides) as to how it exactly works.
    It's really not complicated. Mountain/Molehill.

Deleted
    Doing high DPS is fine, but you people who take it to this level of " we can't have this because it is RNG and too hard to min max around" is ruining the game for the much much much much larger percentage of the player base that do not deal with that shit, have zero interest in min maxing every aspect, and would rather just enjoy the " oh hey, cool, I got a bonus trait" or " awesome, this legendary is pretty sweet." Min maxers, you are such an infintesmally small percentage of the player base its not even funny. I would bet more people do pet battles than attempt to min max everything.
    Yeah, fair point. Tbh the most fun I have in this game is when I'm playing with in-game or RL friends. But they usually get bored and stop playing, only thing left is which I found fun in the past is to join a guild and try to get through content while maximize my performance. Ilvl and DPS numbers, all I cared about pretty much. Maybe occasional mount and transmog runs.

With the current RNG involved, the little time I can invest is not enough to reach (thanks to BiS legendaries, WF/TF and now BiS of BiS relics) my full potential. I see no real reason to join a more serious guild to farm ToS at this point, so I kinda stopped caring, maybe it's a good thing.

Now, few of my friends have returned, I rerolled and planning to level up some alts too. Will see how long I stay subbed this time around, while only raiding when I feel like it. Hell, maybe I'll try to not be a complete baddie in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Meanwhile the game is still full of bugs and it takes me 5 min to load to Dalaran...
    You are not the only one

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still didnt get how it works and all the details. I have lvl60 artifact and i can level tier2 relic, but cant level tier2 other two relics. And its not because i leveled first relic. Its just like that. What? How? And why did they add the 4th slot for unsed relic if i can do shit with it in that slot? WTF?
    Last edited by Harbour; 2017-09-13 at 10:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i read about the changes to loot and stuff all i could think about was how similar it was to D3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    This is gonna cause so many issues when giving out loot in guild raids. Baffling system.
    its probably meant to push more and more guilds into personal loot.

wouldnt be surprised if they enforced it into all modes next expansion to prevent problems like this.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I still didnt get how it works and all the details. I have lvl60 artifact and i can level tier2 relic, but cant level tier2 other two relics. And its not because i leveled first relic. Its just like that. What? How? And why did they add the 4th slot for unsed relic if i can do shit with it in that slot? WTF?
    Unlocking the Crucible gets you 5 item levels per relic, just by clicking the icon.
    Having 60 ranks in your artifact lets you choose a t2 trait for one relic.
    63 ranks = 2nd t2
    66 ranks = 3rd t2
    69 ranks = 1st t3
    72 ranks = 2nd t3
    75 ranks = 3rd t3
    That 4th slot is for previewing relics without equipping them. Previewing them does cause them to soul bind, but does not destroy any of your current relics. So you can check it out before you replace anything.

Okay, I'm sorry, but it needs to be said. None of you are strong enough raiders for the amount of micromanaging that you are trying to put into the game. The Netherlight Crucible is a bonus trait and capability. It isn't going to be the reason you don't take down heroic or mythic Antorus, it isn't the reason you get benched, all is is a scapegoat for you to hang all of your disappointment on. Man up, play like you need to, and get shit done without looking for 50 reasons of why you couldn't produce the numbers you wanted to this week
    True. People bitching about this probably aren't capable of hitting anywhere near their sim dps on dummy. It's gear's fault tho.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough the first time. Y'all are complaining about the game being the game it is. You are not intended to get instant ez access to the best possible upgrades in this game never were never will be. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    I have AotC, mid-tier (925ish) ilvl on two characters, and am up to date on all relevant content, and I play less than 15 hours a week if we're not counting AFK time.

If fifty cents a day is too much to charge for that content, I welcome you to try and find another hobby that is both this engaging AND this cheap.

Hint: you won't find one, at least not easily.
    What it does have to do with what i wrote?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Apparently I wasn't clear enough the first time. Y'all are complaining about the game being the game it is. You are not intended to get instant ez access to the best possible upgrades in this game never were never will be. Get over it.
    Working hard on upgrade is fine. Working hard on a upgrade to get screwed by dice roll is just not fun for most people.

Like, in job you get RNG paycheck at the end of the month. You can get 4k$ but also 100$. Fun right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    What it does have to do with what i wrote?

- - - Updated - - -

Working hard on upgrade is fine. Working hard on a upgrade to get screwed by dice roll is just not fun for most people.

Like, in job you get RNG paycheck at the end of the month. You can get 4k$ but also 100$. Fun right?
    This is not an upgrade that is hard to get, you get it just by playing the game. You could literally just quest and do order hall shit and you get this stuff. You don't have a good argument you're just trying to create a manufactured controversy. Sorry I have 6 toons, all of them got 1 or 2 very good or bis trait procs from the relics I already had, in fact the only ones that did not already had (at least 1 or 2) bis relics.

Get the hell out of here with your bs. This is a bonus, period. It is not essential to completing any content and the game is very much not going to be balanced with it in mind first and foremost. it is there just for fun essentially. It will never make or break the game for anyone, but it might just make your already strong toon just a little more stronger, which is the whole point of artifact weapons. You can always upgrade them someway.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-13 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This is not an upgrade that is hard to get, you get it just by playing the game. You could literally just quest and do order hall shit and you get this stuff. You don't have a good argument you're just trying to create a manufactured controversy. Sorry I have 6 toons, all of them got 1 or 2 very good or bis trait procs from the relics I already had, in fact the only ones that did not already had (at least 1 or 2) bis relics.

Get the hell out of here with your bs. This is a bonus, period. It is not essential to completing any content and the game is very much not going to be balanced with it in mind first and foremost. it is there just for fun essentially. It will never make or break the game for anyone, but it might just make your already strong toon just a little more stronger, which is the whole point of artifact weapons. You can always upgrade them someway.
    Sure, it will be balanced. Like Krosus was balanced on opening week of raid, or Elisande was bug free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Wait.. so they're solution to the relic was problem was tripling down on what made it a problem in the first place? Sounds about right.
    I know right...?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sure, it will be balanced. Like Krosus was balanced on opening week of raid, or Elisande was bug free.
    There is no class in this game that get's a hugely massive performance boost out of extra traits. They were before and will continue to be marginal upgrades at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    all that bitching and moaning...
    stop whining and play or stop playing altogether.

If you wanted to complain about how the NC is a tool that makes you more willing to grind out AP, because Concordance definitely isn't worth the effort doing so beyond say rank 60, then you'd have a point. Otherwise, you don't. You just act like a spoiled little brat who doesn't get the chocolate bar from mommy at the supermarket.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."