Quick BSOD question - Windows 10

Hi just wondering if anyone can help on this one, i was away from the computer yesterday and i came back to a rebooted pc and after checking around it turns out my pc BSOD.

My pc is overclocked, i use to have BSOD's montly with the OC so i upped the voltage and it has been stable for well over 6 months.

After checking bluescreenview it seems my issue is: ntoskrnl.exe with the error code 0x00000133

My question is, this has never happened before should i worry or can this just be a complete one off? I've ran a windows diagnostic memory test and everything was clear

The only other thing that may or may not be related is, i'm running a second monitor that seems very dim (always has) so i tried updating the driver as it just shows as generic monitor, i installed the only drivers available and forcibly installed them (disabling driver signature enforcement), i don't think they was supported for windows 10 (listed as win7/vista) and they didn't make a difference, it listed my monitor correctly instead of "generic monitor" but nothing changed. This was over 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a cause of overclocking:
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...-in-windows-7/

Or did you win 10 did a update recently and changed your drivers?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I don't keep windows update active, last update was the creators studio or w,e. As for the link, it says for windows 7 / a bunch of other possibilities too.

I mean it could be my OC but it's been stable for 6+ months at least and from what i could find it could be anything, mem, drivers, OC.

I can always increase the voltage again but it shouldn't be needed. running i7 6700k 4.4 @ 1.265v

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    I don't keep windows update active, last update was the creators studio or w,e. As for the link, it says for windows 7 / a bunch of other possibilities too.

I mean it could be my OC but it's been stable for 6+ months at least and from what i could find it could be anything, mem, drivers, OC.

I can always increase the voltage again but it shouldn't be needed. running i7 6700k 4.4 @ 1.265v
    Well it could be overheat problem. Some cheap parts may break if overclocked on high temperature. Or dust.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It's not overheating either, I wouldn't OC higher if my temps were an issue, they hover around 55-70c max. During heavy heat and full load

But what we are going to be concerned about most are just two things – we are going to look for a file name in the BSOD – for example, SPCMDCON.SYS as in the above picture, and a number which

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    It's not overheating either, I wouldn't OC higher if my temps were an issue, they hover around 55-70c max. During heavy heat and full load
    Try a stresstest. prime95, aida, Intel XTU.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

This is most likely PSU related. If you want these to be gone completely step down the overclocks. Stress tests most likely wont turn up anything, stuff like this usually comes up when power saving features are in effect.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Try a stresstest. prime95, aida, Intel XTU.
    Your PC may seem "stable" enough to play games etc but can still occasionally throw up errors.
    Stressing the PC using above apps (OCCT too) will give a much better indicator if it is ACTUALLY stable.

EDIT - Run tests for 24 hours..

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Your PC may seem "stable" enough to play games etc but can still occasionally throw up errors.
    Stressing the PC using above apps (OCCT too) will give a much better indicator if it is ACTUALLY stable.

EDIT - Run tests for 24 hours..
    I wouldnt run something like a linpack or prime95 for 24 hours even on a completely stock system.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I wouldnt run something like a linpack or prime95 for 24 hours even on a completely stock system.
    Genuinely interested... Why not?
    I've seen memtest fail after 4 hours.
    I've had linpack fail at the hottest part of the day (when I was at work).
    (Kick it back by 5% - Job done)

Bit more relaxed these days and mild OC is fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Genuinely interested... Why not?
    I've seen memtest fail after 4 hours.
    I've had linpack fail at the hottest part of the day (when I was at work).
    (Kick it back by 5% - Job done)

Bit more relaxed these days and mild OC is fine for me.
    Because your system could very well be unstable/overheating in those application even using stock settings, and that doesnt mean that there is something wrong with your system (or anything like that would come up during regular operation). Moreover, that can be damaging to your components.

OK, in my opinion one's PC should be stable running flat out no matter what. (And mine have always been stable, no errors, no hardware death)
    Errors at default clocks would be worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Because your system could very well be unstable/overheating in those application even using stock settings, and that doesnt mean that there is something wrong with your system (or anything like that would come up during regular operation). Moreover, that can be damaging to your components.
    I would not do it for 24h either, but an overnighter should be just fine. Ofcourse you should not run them right after building your pc as the thermal compound needs to "set" first.
    Anyway, they are the best way to stresstest your pc
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    I would not do it for 24h either, but an overnighter should be just fine. Ofcourse you should not run them right after building your pc as the thermal compound needs to "set" first.
    Anyway, they are the best way to stresstest your pc
    Not really. They are a good way to test the limits of your PSU/cooling system, but not really useful for testing overclocking stability. Just use AIDA64/OCCT for those.