Just did my first and only guided game as a seeker (Means I was looking for a group) so far and it went smooth for the most part.

Lots of deaths but we finished with about 30sec left.

No voice chat tho, I had my headset on but I guess they was in a private party.

No clue why the Power Weapon and Reviews only showed his because we all had some. I guess it was a bug.

I will say I don't like the time limit at all, Its the same reason I didn't like Mythic + in WoW.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-13 at 01:45 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So is it me or are public events rarely done? Like I see people doing 1 on a planet then I go to another one on the same planet and nobody is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So is it me or are public events scarce? Like I see people doing 1 on a planet then I go to another one on the same planet and nobody is there.
    People are mostly doing them on earth because they are quick to get to. Doesn't matter what planet you do them on the reward is the same.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    People are mostly doing them on earth because they are quick to get to. Doesn't matter what planet you do them on the reward is the same.
    Felt like that on Earth too. I was the only one there. I assume at 20 they give stuff like Legendaries and Exos?

Felt like that on Earth too. I was the only one there. I assume at 20 they give stuff like Legendaries and Exos?
    Yes at 20 they can give Legendary's and Exotics. There is moments where it feels dead but that's just the instant you got into. Keep going around to them and people are bound to pop up.

Also making them go into heroic mode can reward better loot. Each public event has its own way to be turned into a heroic.

If you fail one a chest will still drop and can still give loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Not a deal breaker, just a nagging issue and I guess why is because it keeps adding towards this overall collage that paints Destiny as sort of a half-assed, pointless exercise in mediocrity. From damn near the floor up. So much so that I wonder if it wasn't for the Bungie name attached to it, if it'd have even remotely close to the same fan base when all is said and done. I think another argued it best when they pointed out the game is simply about looking and feeling cool. It's all makeup and glamour. All show, no substance.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but there are A LOT of people out there that would disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just bought the damn game and there is maintenance for 4 hours and I work tonight

fuck off

also not really digging warlock, at least not the sun sword spec anyway haven't gotten to the other 2 yet
    Warlock gets better when you unlock the other two subclasses (Voidwalker and Stormcaller). The subclass you are stuck with for awhile (Dawnblade) really is the shittiest of the three, IMO. I don't ever touch that subclass on my Warlock anymore now that I have the other two unlocked. I'm Stormcaller pretty much 100% of the time in PvE and Voidwalker in PvP.

Preordered for PC. From what i've seen and tried at a friend's home on PS4 it's definitely something i like. Can understand people not liking it, it's not the end of all games, but to me feels solid and i see me playing it for quite a bunch of time.

To people who don't like it: if you like shooters and looting items, if you didn't do it before play Borderlands games. They're very solid and maybe more suited for your tastes (i'm a huge fan of them - reason why i like Destiny 2).

Side note: i didn't see mentions about the microtx in place. I've seen "P2W" shouts everywhere, because they sell Engrams, but in the end they're basically useless in more than one way. Don't get me wrong, non cosmetic microtx are bad by default imho, but these ones in D2 are not P2W at all from what i see.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I like CoD and Battlefield because I crank them to the highest difficulty for the campaign. While I've gotten REALLY good at shooters (so often those scales don't really stop me much) it does make the overall experience more enjoyable. If I can practically stand there and eat the enemy's bullets, it's not good. That's not a challenge at all and makes the entire experience for like some glorified children storybook. Not a game.
    You obviously never played during Year 1 when you could go into a Nightfall strike that had a elemental burn activated and everything matching that burn did three times the amount of damage that it normally did. It was perfectly normal to get one or two shot by everything when that happened. Made Nightfalls a bitch to run (if you tried to do it legit.....cheesing them obviously made them much easier and more boring to play....of course, this is why the time limit was introduce for D2 Nightfalls....much harder to cheese stuff when you need to be pushing through because of limited time).

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the fact that Destiny literally has no difficulty in the campaign and is just there as filler with a story tied to it acts typically as a negative mark against most games. Similarly, their decision to cap at thirty frames is also a bit baffling considering the game itself from a mechanical perspective. Only hurts the overall experience and leaves one going, "...but it's Destiny? How could they not get sixty squeezed out of it?" Feels like developer ineptitude versus any true limitations.
    You can take it with a grain of salt if you want, but Bungie has already stated that the game cannot run at 60fps on consoles because the consoles' CPUs are too weak in order to allow that to happen. Even with the newer PS4 Pro and Xbox X, the CPUs are still too weak to pump out 60fps.

Granted, this could be because of shitty engine optimization on Bungie's part, but still.......it's already been established that the game can't do a steady 60fps due to CPU limitations on the consoles.

Also, if you get into big heroic public events with multiple people participating, with explosions and supers going off everywhere and enemies running around all over the place, the frames will slow to a crawl. So this does lead me to believe that the consoles are not capable of handling 60fps because they can't even handle 30fps when all that shit is going on at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    And here i thought Bungie was above this garbage, http://nichegamer.com/2017/09/12/des...ompts-outrage/

Glad i pre-ordered on PC so i can cancel any moment i want.
    Oh look, the butthurt snowflakes have made their way to Destiny and are bitching up a storm already.

Seriously, if anyone thought that this armor piece was purposely meant to represent the Kekistan flag meme, then that is a whole new level of stupid that I've never seen before.

People need to get the fuck over themselves and learn to deal with life every once in awhile. I really wish Bungie would have stood their ground, said that it not what the armor piece stood for, and told all the whiney little bitches to fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

So is it me or are public events rarely done? Like I see people doing 1 on a planet then I go to another one on the same planet and nobody is there.
    Every time you fast travel on a planet, it can potentially put you in a different instance of that planet. There are times when you will fast travel and put yourself into an instance all by yourself (this has happened to me before). Either wait it out for more people to populate your instance, or try fast traveling again (you can fast travel to the same location you're at even) to get put into an instance with other people doing it.

Also, there tend to be more people doing public events on whatever planet is the "Flashpoint" for the week. Last week it was Earth so there were a shit ton of people there farming events. This week the Flashpoint is Nessus, so there is a large number of people there farming events now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Side note: i didn't see mentions about the microtx in place. I've seen "P2W" shouts everywhere, because they sell Engrams, but in the end they're basically useless in more than one way. Don't get me wrong, non cosmetic microtx are bad by default imho, but these ones in D2 are not P2W at all from what i see.
    The ONLY way they can be considered "P2W" currently is because of the rare mods that drop from the Bright Engrams. The rare mods can be exchanged for legendary mods at the gunsmith when your character reaches 280 Power Level. These legendary mods will boost the power of all weapons and armor by 5 when slotted into them. It basically gives you an easy boost to your overall power level. In the grand scheme of things, this is still relatively minor, but some could consider it a "P2W" method by giving your guardian one time incremental boosts to their power.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-13 at 10:04 AM.

about what level do you start unlocking the 2nd sub class?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

about what level do you start unlocking the 2nd sub class?
    level 7 your second spec quest item becomes a random drop with the highest rate from lost sector chests, at 15 the taken king specs do the same. You look an item like 'melted hammer' or 'broken arrow' and just do any gameplay to fill up its percentage then go on another quest into the Dark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    level 7 your second spec quest item becomes a random drop with the highest rate from lost sector chests, at 15 the taken king specs do the same. You look an item like 'melted hammer' or 'broken arrow' and just do any gameplay to fill up its percentage then go on another quest into the Dark Forest.
    Well level 9 and got nothing so far lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    My pc is quite shitty, so if I buy this game and it runs badly, can you refund it on PC?

Well level 9 and got nothing so far lol
    Lost sectors respawn i'd just keep repeating the easy ones around the EDZ starting area or try Titan that seems to be where most get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The ONLY way they can be considered "P2W" currently is because of the rare mods that drop from the Bright Engrams. The rare mods can be exchanged for legendary mods at the gunsmith when your character reaches 280 Power Level. These legendary mods will boost the power of all weapons and armor by 5 when slotted into them. It basically gives you an easy boost to your overall power level. In the grand scheme of things, this is still relatively minor, but some could consider it a "P2W" method by giving your guardian one time incremental boosts to their power.
    That looks extremely convoluted for a very minor improvement, especially since by playing you'll be able to get better stuff over time (if i got it right). Oh well, i suppose that being the first in beating something makes or breaks the game for someone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    My pc is quite shitty, so if I buy this game and it runs badly, can you refund it on PC?
    No.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

You can buy the same mods for glimmer from the gunsmith so even this is a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You can buy the same mods for glimmer from the gunsmith so even this is a stretch.
    And glimmer is so plentiful that there is no shortage at all.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    And glimmer is so plentiful that there is no shortage at all.
    Then it's again people mindlessly ranting at "MICROTX SO ITS SHIT". Well, as always researching beforehand always nets best results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Then it's again people mindlessly ranting at "MICROTX SO ITS SHIT". Well, as always researching beforehand always nets best results.
    Indeed. Most of what is sold in the Cash Shop is cosmetic. I've so far see 2 pieces of armor, however they are sold at 10 Power, and need to be infused with gear you've played the game to obtain to get up to your power level if you are high level.

On top of that, each time you gain a level, you receive a Bright Engram which you can cash in at that cash shop for Bright Dust, which gets you all of the things you would have paid real money for.

I am soooo not concerned with the cash shop.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    No.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

That Sucks, steam let's you play for 2 hours before refunding

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    That Sucks, steam let's you play for 2 hours before refunding
    If it was a Blizzard game you could put in a ticket and they consider playtime and whatever your reason is and whatnot and will sometimes give refunds on digital purchases. Since this is a Bungie game that is only using Blizzards platform I have no idea how it will be handled but I wouldn't hold my breath.