Thread: KJ Nerfs

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

KJ Nerfs

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Kil’jaeden
    [Hotfix in testing] Reduced the health of Kil’jaeden, Erupting Reflection, and Shadowsoul by 5% on all difficulties.
    [Hotfix in testing] The maximum distance from the center of the platform that Armageddon can spawn has been reduced on all difficulties.
    [Hotfix in testing] The radius of the explosion from Bursting Dreadflame has been reduced on all difficulties.
    [Hotfix in testing] Chaotic Eruption damage and knockup has been reduced on Mythic difficulty.
    Are these live now? 13 hours ago. Any other comments regarding the changes, leave them here

edit: They're live
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-09-18 at 07:38 AM.

I don't think this needed to be done for heroic and down. Even less so as the crucible goes live massively buffing raid damage, survivability and healing. The entire raid just picked up 15 item levels to their weapons, what more could you really need?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't think this needed to be done for heroic and down. Even less so as the crucible goes live massively buffing raid damage, survivability and healing. The entire raid just picked up 15 item levels to their weapons, what more could you really need?
    The goal, like always is to make the end boss a loot pinata before the next tier releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The goal, like always is to make the end boss a loot pinata before the next tier releases.
    Which is still over 2 months away unless they break their pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wheres your mythic kill?

Which is still over 2 months away unless they break their pace.
    Meh, 2 months is not a lot of time. While you might not need it for heroic, it's sorely needed for Mythic - even if we killed it this reset (which we won't), 2 months of "downtime" between tiers is really not a lot, I'd want 3-4 months personally between end of progression and a new tier to be comfortable. The rate at which content is churned out might please casuals, but it's burning through "high end" raiders at an astonishingly high rates - especially when the two last bosses both are 3-400+ pulls for most guilds at the level where I play (Avatar might be less now with the nerfs though). That might be their goal, though, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Wheres your mythic kill?
    Why is this always the default response in this situation smh
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Great, even less chance to pad on the adds in Normal and Heroic now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greatly pleased to see this. After struggling with pushing 40% before the wombo combo of tank add, singularity, armageddon all at the same time, this will make it easier for my guild to get a re-kill.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Why is this always the default response in this situation smh
    Becuase you can't really call it a "loot pinata" if you're not able ti kill it, can you?

Becuase you can't really call it a "loot pinata" if you're not able ti kill it, can you?
    It's a loot pinata. Happy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Well, you just got completely destroyed. I love when actual raiders call out people like you and embarrass you. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It's a loot pinata. Happy now?
    Is it really though?
    Statistics quite clearly shows it is far from it.

One of the hardest ever, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Well, you just got completely destroyed. I love when actual raiders call out people like you and embarrass you. It's great.
    How though? How many have actually managed to kill the boss?
    Now, compare that to previous bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Meh, 2 months is not a lot of time. While you might not need it for heroic, it's sorely needed for Mythic - even if we killed it this reset (which we won't), 2 months of "downtime" between tiers is really not a lot, I'd want 3-4 months personally between end of progression and a new tier to be comfortable. The rate at which content is churned out might please casuals, but it's burning through "high end" raiders at an astonishingly high rates - especially when the two last bosses both are 3-400+ pulls for most guilds at the level where I play (Avatar might be less now with the nerfs though). That might be their goal, though, who knows.
    They don't have to remove the little challenge left in the lower setting to help with mythic though. Most groups have already thrown in the towel on KJ mythic progression too or Avatar which ever multi wipe boss they find themselves at now. Even of the 40~ guilds that have taken down mythic KJ several haven't even tried to kill him again because he just isn't worth the time sink. Between the cruicible changes and these nerfs maybe a few will change their mind. That wont effect many that have already packed it in earlier in the raid. I am very aware of the burn out of never ending content for mythic raiders. It hits the groups the hardest that just barely or don't clear everything since they never stop progression or get any sort of down time. Each week you see more and more people opt for the easy of mythic plus for gearing outlets while they wait for whatever comes next. Certain classes being locked into full time soak bots is also nuking the fun of things. You play a hunter I have to imagine always being on soak duty has gotten old.

They don't have to remove the little challenge left in the lower setting to help with mythic though. Most groups have already thrown in the towel on KJ mythic progression too or Avatar which ever multi wipe boss they find themselves at now. Even of the 40~ guilds that have taken down mythic KJ several haven't even tried to kill him again because he just isn't worth the time sink. Between the cruicible changes and these nerfs maybe a few will change their mind. That wont effect many that have already packed it in earlier in the raid. I am very aware of the burn out of never ending content for mythic raiders. It hits the groups the hardest that just barely or don't clear everything since they never stop progression or get any sort of down time. Each week you see more and more people opt for the easy of mythic plus for gearing outlets while they wait for whatever comes next. Certain classes being locked into full time soak bots is also nuking the fun of things. You play a hunter I have to imagine always being on soak duty has gotten old.
    M: Kil'jaeden 53 (0.15%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Uh, you realize raids are dropping every 22 weeks right? That's roughly 5.5 months. You want to do more farm than progress?

Quote Originally Posted by jce4ever View Post
    M: Kil'jaeden 53 (0.15%)
    A few new US/OC ones last night pushed it into the 50s. If they bother to go back will be a bit telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Uh, you realize raids are dropping every 22 weeks right? That's roughly 5.5 months. You want to do more farm than progress?
    Personally I would prefer that, yeah, 1 and a half to 2 month of progress like in nh would be perfect, this soon 3 month feels a bit too long.

As for these nerfs, they are good but I think even with them KJ is still a lot harder than gul'dan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    you dont want any downtime? okay, our guild isnt partilarly good, we were like rank 1000 on guldan, but it is really taxing for some people to go progress the whole tier, have 2-3 weeks of tough rekills of the last boss and immediately jump into another 5 months of progress, I had a long pause since the end of MoP till legion, I started raiding, we were 2 day raiding guild in EN/ToV and it took us till december till we actually killed xavius, the immediately NH started, we jumped right into it, but didnt kill guldan till 3 weeks before patch, them we rotated people for cutting edge, which meant more wipes next weeks and immediately started with tos, which is, frankly, boring and mostly monotone in terms of mechanics and the only fight i like so far are sisters and i wasnt even allowed on it with main, since we had ton of melee, we are at sasszine atm (6%, but we fail mechanics horribly, so its not really about new ilevs on weps) and there is a good chance we wont be getting cutting edge this tier, that means more wiping for the next two months.

I and I imagine alot of other raiders just want a break for a while so we are fresh for the next tier, since It has been a year of constant progress for the worse or more casual mythic guilds, but unless you have understanding GM, you will either get a boot or loose your raiding spot, if you take a break now in a middle of the progress. Our GM actually already suggested to officers to downscale our raiding time to two evenings after sasszine kill till the end of tier because we are losing people to burnout quickly, 6 in the last two weeks