Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    If it was a Blizzard game you could put in a ticket and they consider playtime and whatever your reason is and whatnot and will sometimes give refunds on digital purchases. Since this is a Bungie game that is only using Blizzards platform I have no idea how it will be handled but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Well cheers for the reply, I'll just get it on ps4 for now and not risk wasting my money, I Googled but couldn't find a solid answer on refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Indeed. Most of what is sold in the Cash Shop is cosmetic. I've so far see 2 pieces of armor, however they are sold at 10 Power, and need to be infused with gear you've played the game to obtain to get up to your power level if you are high level.

On top of that, each time you gain a level, you receive a Bright Engram which you can cash in at that cash shop for Bright Dust, which gets you all of the things you would have paid real money for.

I am soooo not concerned with the cash shop.
    That means that you will get 20 Bright Engram total or the endgame light/power levels are constantly rolling up?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That means that you will get 20 Bright Engram total or the endgame light/power levels are constantly rolling up?
    Oh! Sorry I should have specified. After you reach lvl 20, you begin getting Bright Engrams each time you "level". Similar to in D1, you used to get Motes of Light.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh! Sorry I should have specified. After you reach lvl 20, you begin getting Bright Engrams each time you "level". Similar to in D1, you used to get Motes of Light.
    This is correct, but after the 5th the xp needed per level starts increasing so it will slow down significantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    This is correct, but after the 5th the xp needed per level starts increasing so it will slow down significantly.
    I'm quite curious if there is a cap to the increase. If it just continues indefinitely, that is a problem as it will eventually be unachievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Looking over the wiki and such for what the after credits scene is has been interesting Those 'ships' have been in a piece of concept art from 2013 labelled "The Darkness" and in the first E3 showing they showed rough concept art for 5 races now four. Fallen, Cabal, Vex, Hive and a 5th race of smokey wraith like creatures floating down from Black Triangular ships. I think they arent ships so much as other travellers. Going by the analogies in D2 about the light from all the story and item descriptions i think the 'traveller is evil' plot was always going to be a twist that there is one 'light' traveller and like any light source it casts multiple shadows. In this case these Shadow Travellers. Its cliche as all get out but i think the smoky ghost type creatures where what inspired the taken and they will be reworked in D3 as basically a warped imitation of everything the traveller touched. Like the trees in the Dark Forest kind of. If every Guardian has light thats got to mean every Guardian has a shadow in this metaphor right? What else could ruin a golden age like an enemy that literally respawns on death? The Traveller sent out the ghosts to make guardians on earth during the collapse -and the flashback in D2 shows a large black triangular shadow covering the city to represent what caused it- but we dont know if thats the first time it did it. Just that it didn't with the Eliksni that became the Fallen. We just know it builds up a society as a bulwark then cut and runs when 'something' shows up but this time Rasputin crippled it before it could run. Maybe making guardians is a last resort because making a guardian means making one of these '5th race' enemies as well?
    I'm holding off on discussing this here for a little longer. I want to give the players here a bit more time before we tempt them with viewing spoilers = )

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello, Destiny noob here. When I say noob, I mean it. I'm completely ignorant of basically all mechanics, lore, etc. I'm also aware this thread will be biased... 'cause y'know, it's mostly filled with people that like the game.

That said, would you recommend this game (PC version when it hits) to someone that has never played the first one, but enjoys games like Mass Effect, Borderlands, Halo, and Overwatch? I assume it functions the most like Borderlands given the leveling/loot type system, but I mention the others because I enjoy Sci-Fi shooters. I'm not a huge fan of realistic, military shooters (CS:GO, CoD, Battlefield).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Hello, Destiny noob here. When I say noob, I mean it. I'm completely ignorant of basically all mechanics, lore, etc. I'm also aware this thread will be biased... 'cause y'know, it's mostly filled with people that like the game.

That said, would you recommend this game (PC version when it hits) to someone that has never played the first one, but enjoys games like Mass Effect, Borderlands, Halo, and Overwatch? I assume it functions the most like Borderlands given the leveling/loot type system, but I mention the others because I enjoy Sci-Fi shooters. I'm not a huge fan of realistic, military shooters (CS:GO, CoD, Battlefield).
    You sound like me, and I love Destiny. I'd say, if anything at all, find a friend who has it, go to their house, and try it out.

Tried the nightfall with the guided thing and man the time limit makes people stupid. Like real dumb on parts like the drill where you just take a second and its a easy run but people just panic and brute force and eat a blade in the face. lost 4 runs to teams wasting a good 6 minutes on that one area. I think i'll just stick to regular strikes and trials.

After finishing the story and listening to the dialogue, I think we should be thankful that the first game was so bare on story. This team obviously can't do anything besides pull someone through from one liner to one liner to one liner, all designed to make a nine year old laugh.

Never played D1, but ok it's a periodic reward and you just need to farm it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Never played D1, but ok it's a periodic reward and you just need to farm it.
    Yeah, basically. As you play doing activities and such, you'll just "level up" as you go along. It's a nice little gift once a day, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Well, the fact that Destiny literally has no difficulty in the campaign and is just there as filler with a story tied to it acts typically as a negative mark against most games. Similarly, their decision to cap at thirty frames is also a bit baffling considering the game itself from a mechanical perspective. Only hurts the overall experience and leaves one going, "...but it's Destiny? How could they not get sixty squeezed out of it?" Feels like developer ineptitude versus any true limitations.

Then I can hammer on the PvP. It's just horrible. There's no excuse for it. I can hammer on the micro-transactions. I can hammer on the fact they haven't really done much to evolve or build upon their base game despite carrying over so much of the prior assets. The game, for all intent and purpose, feels like a cash-in much like the first.

So it isn't a matter of me just simply not liking it. There's plenty here to bash on. Yes, there are games that I can't get into but still can't bring myself to take a hammer to because I either don't know much about them OR my reasons for disliking them are fairly superficial. Destiny is not one of those games and I can break it down bit by bit as to why I view it as a bad, shameful product. If you like it, more power to you, but that doesn't change my own personal stance.

I think people tend to forget that much like they can praise a product, I can preach against it.
    I don't praise the product as I haven't even played it, not D1 or D2. I don't think I said anything positive about it so far...I just know that I personally love the co-op PvE aspect of it. It's gonna be worth my money even if I only play it for 1 month...but I know I'll play it longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post

If you happen to have a xbone/ps4, you can redbox it for like $3 and try it out as well. Based on what you said though you may enjoy it. If you haven't you could check out twitch or youtube and see how it plays somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Tried the nightfall with the guided thing and man the time limit makes people stupid. Like real dumb on parts like the drill where you just take a second and its a easy run but people just panic and brute force and eat a blade in the face. lost 4 runs to teams wasting a good 6 minutes on that one area. I think i'll just stick to regular strikes and trials.
    I've enjoyed the guided thing so far. Me and a clan mate did it once with a random (trying to get our Rat King's Crew) and missed that timer by about 4 seconds, but still beat the Strike with plenty of time to spare. Overall I think it's a very good experience. If you need the nightfall ask in Clan Chat sometime!! (We also ran a second time with a clan member from MMOC and on our 3rd attempt finished with 10m left on the clock and got the weapon)
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I've enjoyed the guided thing so far. Me and a clan mate did it once with a random (trying to get our Rat King's Crew) and missed that timer by about 4 seconds, but still beat the Strike with plenty of time to spare. Overall I think it's a very good experience. If you need the nightfall ask in Clan Chat sometime!! (We also ran a second time with a clan member from MMOC and on our 3rd attempt finished with 10m left on the clock and got the weapon)
    Is there an MMO Champ Clan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an MMO Champ Clan?
    There might be, but I've just been picking people up from here myself for one. We have at least 3 other MMOC people... Though the majority are people I played Destiny 1 with.

The link again for anyone who is interested: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2108928

I check it about every 2 hours to accept invite requests and reply to stuff if I haven't had a chance to earlier.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2017-09-13 at 05:45 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    There might be, but I've just been picking people up from here myself for one. We have at least 3 other MMOC people... Though the majority are people I played Destiny 1 with.
    Well, hit me up if you are on PS4.

Fizzlepop-531

So is Nightfall's worth doing more then once(per week on one character) in Destiny 2?

I know in Destiny 1 it wasn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah i'll have to. Theres always the pressure of letting down the team so to speak but when all the randos have done terrible i can chill out and worry less about being a screwup when that appears to be the baseline

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So is Nightfall's worth doing more then once(per week on one character) in Destiny 2?

I know in Destiny 1 it wasn't.
    Well theres the rat king quest. Still not sure if you need to party up for that questline though.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Kathandira @xerus

Thanks for the input. I'll be sure and do a bit of reasearch, and see if I can track down a friend that will let me take it for a test spin.