Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    DEvos is a fucking saint for this.

Let the salt flow. Bunch of witch hunter and pseudo intellectual "moderates" mad about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'm not against a change to how sexual assault accusations work on campuses and am not denying that false claims have and will continue to ruin peoples lives. I simply don't buy into the concern trolling of types who are "skeptical" of every single case of rape that makes the news and always assume the woman is just some lying bitch who "regrets" sleeping with someone. Get better spokespeople
    Says the concern troll.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-09-09 at 10:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    DEvos is a fucking matyr for this.

Let the salt flow. Bunch of witch hunter and pseudo intellectual "moderates" mad about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the concern troll.
    She is doing a great thing merely be rescinding the Obama policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    She is doing a great thing merely be rescinding the Obama policy.
    The fact that she even mentions Due process is promising enough. If someone other then Betsy Devos said it there wouldn't even be a discussion.

Shit, you can even find the "well.... But it's betsy devos" in this very thread.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-09-09 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    The fact that she even mentions Due process is promising enough. If someone other then Betsy Devos Devos said it there wouldn't even be a discussion.

Shit, you can even find the "well.... But it's betsy devos" in this very thread.
    The problem is that, previously, justice often was not dealt since the old way of doing things made cases of rape much easier to cover up by the school and would just fall through the cracks with law enforcement.

The "new" plan isn't ideal either though since it leads to a situation where people can be unjustly punished based on accusations alone.

There needs to be a middle ground between the two. Throwing us right back to the old way isn't an improvement. It's just changing problem B back out for old problem A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The problem is that, previously, justice often was not dealt since the old way of doing things made cases of rape much easier to cover up by the school and would just fall through the cracks with law enforcement.

The "new" plan isn't ideal either though since it leads to a situation where people can be unjustly punished based on accusations alone.

There needs to be a middle ground between the two. Throwing us right back to the old way isn't an improvement. It's just changing problem B back out for old problem A.
    The entire basis for the Title IX witch hunt of the Obama era though was as fraudulent as can be. Much of the hysteria was over a laughably absurd statistic and the general anxiety that women were engaging in hookup culture.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit that these tribunals were pretty fucked.

I'm missing the bookmark link now (not sure how, but I am) but I had an article that did a pretty great job of describing exactly why these courts were implemented in the first place.

As girls began going to university more and more (lest we forget that at one point in the not too distant past, girls didn't go to uni) there became a prominent trend where helicopter parents would look at the percentage of rapes per girl attendee to colleges. This became a prime factor in choosing colleges for their young, budding, intelligent, perfect daughter. Colleges and unis knew parents were doing this after a few years, and began suppressing rape reports. Whenever a female student would come to them with an alleged rape, they'd in the best cases bribe her not to report it at all and sweep it under the rug. At worst they'd threaten HER with expulsion for reporting it. Good old southern and middle America schools eh? But I digress from the fact that there are sexist fuckheads running our unis in the backwards states.

What we saw emerge as a result of this was that campuses were a very safe place for rapists to do their thing. Girls were encouraged to "forget it ever happened" and "move on with their lives". This was all for the sake of keeping rape crime statistics about said campus down. Women were the newest cash cow to the education industry, and you wouldn't noticeably lose out on that cash cow if you couldn't suppress rape claims However, telling people that their problems aren't problem and that they should just forget it and move on (while they got to see their rapist's face on campus every day) can only happen for so long before a boiling point was reached. At which point, the complaints reached even the white house.

A lot of us can agree that these tribunals weren't the greatest way to handle it. However, the tribunals weren't even specifically Obama's idea at that (although many of the less educated give him credit for them). What happened was that as these complaints piled up at his doorsteps, reports that people's daughters had been raped and then been bribed or threatened to not report it, these people and their families sought higher powers.

Obama's biggest sin in this was telling universities "Look, either you fix this problem RIGHT NOW or we're yanking political funding," and then proceeded to hand the universities themselves unilateral authority to deal with the rape accusations.

And what you might think would happen in such a situation, did. Universities with long standing traditions of rape clubs had their tribunals run by these same clubs, or people who covertly supported said clubs. Unis that wanted to keep their funding but had no ingrained rape clubs or cultures just threw the reins to whoever to take care of it with little oversight.

It was all around a pretty poorly thought out solution to what was and still is a real problem. Threatening to pull funding unless the problem is dealt with post-haste leads to some pretty poorly thought out and knee-jerk solutions.

Can DeVos do better? Pfffffffffffff. Not on your life. We have an infamous hypocrite in this thread saying that DeVos is willing to listen to people so that's already than Obama, but let's not forget that Betsy DeVos and her ilk have selective hearing.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-09-10 at 01:06 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

First, drafting a new policy with actual public input and not simply diktat for one. Indeed that was always the issue with the Obama era policy right out of the gate. It wasn't even legal to enforce since it was just law and policy written out by decree and enforced with no public comment as per the Administrative Act (May be getting it wrong on law name, but these sorts of sweeping rule changes require a period of public comment, the OCR letter and diktat got none).

Second, Devos has signaled in no uncertain terms that the rights of the accused are once again important where as Obama's administration gave zero shits and probably would have simply ruled all accused are guilty and expelled if it were plausibly legal to do so. Her goals is to seek input from a diversity of voices, not just disgruntled feminists with a battle axe and a severe disdain for sex.

Third, the policy changes will and are being informed by the endless sea of lawsuite whose steep penalties continue to mount for every university that follows the insane Obama era ruling but then cannot possibly justify it in court.

Fourth, in signaling a return to due process we are ending the murky waters of a government office telling its institutions to deny people the rights of the very laws those institutions are sworn to uphold.
    And the Trump administration and Betsy Devos have shown they do not care about precedence or public opinion. I don't think you realize how incredibly stupid she is, this is all a farce but my point it for all the semantics they are replacing it with (to be determined). A wise person would wait to see what that is before cheering.

Deleted
    Praise where praise is deserved, there has been too many cases of that policy being misused, and that warrants getting rid of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    And the Trump administration and Betsy Devos have shown they do not care about precedence or public opinion. I don't think you realize how incredibly stupid she is, this is all a farce but my point it for all the semantics they are replacing it with (to be determined). A wise person would wait to see what that is before cheering.
    Devos has moved to end the Obama era policy, if she were as bad as Obama's people she would have just kept an obviously bad policy.

"Any change that weakens Title IX protections will be devastating," wrote Biden, who drove the Obama administration's efforts to crack down on campus sexual assault, in a statement posted on his Facebook page.
    This, in a nutshell, is why I can't possibly support any Democrat candidates in the current year. Look at that text - he's literally saying that you can't do anything other than move farther and farther into extending Title IX. This rigidity and unwillingness to even consider that maybe we've gone a bit too far on certain measures is the hallmark of the present Democrat Party. We see this over and over, whether it's on getting more draconian with Title IX or being absolutely horrified that anyone thinks trans people maybe aren't a plus for the military, there's just no flexibility other than a continual march towards being more "progressive".

Devos seems like a real dimbulb, but this is apparently where we're at if we're looking for an agent of change that will do something other than double-down on rape hysteria culture.

Devos has moved to end the Obama era policy, if she were as bad as Obama's people she would have just kept an obviously bad policy.
    With that logic everything Trump has done is 100% correct since he also has moved to remove Obama era policies because Obama did it regardless of what it is. Your blind hatred against Obama is showing. You should simply wait to see what she plans on replacing it with and judge that based on its merit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Devos seems like a real dimbulb, but this is apparently where we're at if we're looking for an agent of change that will do something other than double-down on rape hysteria culture.
    But you are no better than Biden you have no clue what she is changing it with for all you know it could be worse or better especially considering the woman is as dumb as a rocks the odds are not in your favor.

7+ Year Old Account
    With that logic everything Trump has done is 100% correct since he also has moved to remove Obama era policies because Obama did it regardless of what it is. Your blind hatred against Obama is showing. You should simply wait to see what she plans on replacing it with and judge that based on its merit.

- - - Updated - - -

But you are no better than Biden you have no clue what she is changing it with for all you know it could be worse or better especially considering the woman is as dumb as a rocks the odds are not in your favor.
    Not really. Trump's problems are great, mainly that he won't abandon Obama and before eras bloodlust for foreign wars, and he is a serial drama machine whose administration won't do dick about Climate Change.

Reread my comment - it's an expression of frustration that we've arrived at point where almost no reasonable people are willing to articulate that there's a culture of rape hysteria. That's a problem. No one should be happy that only fringe weirdos are even in a position to push back against the rapewitch hunts.

Read the subject, and thought for sure it would be about her handing in her resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-policy-242444

No more kangaroo courts, let the actual justice system deal with it
    I continue to be amazed this has never been challenged in high courts. What in the actual fuck was the Obama administration thinking, when they distorted this law in to this monstrosity of fake justice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Just another Trump-era Republican killing an Obama-era policy. It makes no difference what the actual content of the matter is, that's all it is; Republicans demolishing anything and everything Obama did.

If Obama had made breathing mandatory under the law, Republicans would kill that too, just so people have the freedom not to breathe.
    I like to go freediving, but I guess that would be illegal then? Thanks Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Just another Trump-era Republican killing an Obama-era policy. It makes no difference what the actual content of the matter is, that's all it is; Republicans demolishing anything and everything Obama did.

If Obama had made breathing mandatory under the law, Republicans would kill that too, just so people have the freedom not to breathe.
    I'd love to see an interview with Obama where he is asked what his feeling are on each of his accomplishments being undone within the first year of the new presidency. I'm curious to see how he would speak to that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    there's a culture of rape hysteria.
    are you suggesting women are hysteric?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    You'd still cry when the accused are found guilty anyways. The incel/redpill ideology is too ingrained in you types.
    Hardly, when something like this comes along where multiple false rape claims are destroying any hopes of educated for the falsely accused. We've seen so many false rape claims destroy promising educational careers, with colleges removing the accused without a single hint of proof rather than His word against hers. But they'll side with the victim despite having no proof or creditable story.

If someone is to be raped, if they don't immediately call the police, have a rape kit done, and properly fill a police form. But many of these rape accusations on campus hardly ever follow the process. But still ruin people's livelihood because an accusation is enough to invoke a witchhunt
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    But still ruin people's livelihood because an accusation is enough to invoke a witchhunt
    I was thinking communist scare, but witchhunt works too.

If *one* person doesn't like you, you get labeled as a witch and !@#$ed for the rest of your life... especially if you're trying to get into certain professions.