Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Yeah, no. You can keep the vegan/vegetarian nonsense to yourself in this thread or at least take it to one of the other threads about vegans/vegetarians.
    This clearly demonstrates the utter ignorance people have to scientific evidence. How they need to create myths to justify bad habits, and shut their eyes to truth. Keep lying to yourself. I'll continue to be the one fighting for human health, animal-welfare and the environment. If you actually looked into it you'd know, but you're not willing to, so there's no point in even trying.

The meat and dairy industries are one of the most corrupt ones there are. They don't give a fuck about your health; and they're the ones funding many studies to spread myths about how the whole-foods plant-based diet is the best way for humans to live (because there's little profit involved in it). Just look at all the facts, that's all I'm asking you. Ignore all that I'm saying, just go look at all the possible sources and you'll find out the truth. P.S. Interesting how you should "drink milk for strong bones", yet the countries with the highest consumption of dairy have the highest rates of osteoporosis and bone disorders.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2017-09-13 at 03:30 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Many of you here are severely misinformed/uneducated. A whole-foods plant-based diet is the only diet scientifically proven to be beneficial to long-term human health and reverse diseases such as cardiovascular disorders, etc.

There's no question about it, the research is there. Whole-foods plant-based.

The only reason why something so stupid and detrimental to human health such as a ketogenic/Atkins-esque diet is sucessful is because you're telling people "You can continue to eat all that meat and dairy that are actually killing you (ANY amount of animal protein is cancer inducing), but you aren't able to give up!". It's justifying a bad lifestyle that damages human health, animal welfare and the environment.

To those interested on the truth, read up on 'The China Study' and Dr. Michael Greger.

PS. Carbohydrates aren't the problem. Refined sugars are. Carbohydrates are the key to long-term health. We're natural starch eaters. From our saliva, to the way we chew our food, to our pancreas/kidneys, to the length of our intestines relative to omnivores/carnivores i.e. to our whole digestive system.
    "whole food" what the fuck does that mean? Does that mean you eat like a duck?

any amount of animal protein is cancerous? Fiber is cancerous too... so is caragenan. China study? Oh you mean that study that was literally disproven?!

- - - Updated - - -

This clearly demonstrates the utter ignorance people have to scientific evidence. How they need to create myths to justify bad habits, and shut their eyes to truth. Keep lying to yourself. I'll continue to be the one fighting for human health, animal-welfare and the environment. If you actually looked into it you'd know, but you're not willing to, so there's no point in even trying.
    let me guess saturated fat is bad and evil too even though every new study points to that being false right? Lard is bad for you because it is pig fat despite it breaks down to mono and poly in about the same ratio as fuckng olive oil but "olive" oil is better because it came from a plant? we are fuckign animals.

I'm a fan of the keto diet and know from experience that it works. That said, I strongly recommend intermittent fasting over keto.

There's a lot of great info out theres. This BBC comes to mind:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-19112549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhj_VSKiTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

Every doctor who promotes a certain lifestyle will be biased, much like Atkins was biased towards a ketogenic diet. The difference is that Dr. Greger is absolutely right. The B12 myth is absolute bullshit, and a pathetic way to disregard a whole-foods plant-based diet. If you actually read up on actual evidence, you’ll see that many “omnivores” potentially including yourself have low-levels of B12 anyway. B12 is easily supplemented and the benefits outweigh the risks. To your other point, B12 is produced by bacteria/funghi in soil. People didn’t used to wash their vegetables (like carrots and potatoes) and normal spring/well water contained naturally occurring B12.
    This is information that could literally save millions of lives. Stop spreading myths that are literally harming people.
    You know what else can be found in that same soil your precious B12 producing bacterial is located? Anthrax. Sheep, cattle, and horses are very susceptible to it because they are doing exactly what you are suggesting we do. Stop spreading myths that are literally a danger to humans.

Many of you here are severely misinformed/uneducated. A whole-foods plant-based diet is the only diet scientifically proven to be beneficial to long-term human health and reverse diseases such as cardiovascular disorders, etc.
    Yeah, no. Shall we consider it ironic that you see everyone else as misinformed? I drop the mic right there.

My girlfriend is doing it, she's doing great at figuring out substitutes. We've found that pork rind crumbs taste better than bread crumbs, dark chocolate strawberries are delicious, cauliflower crust pizzas, etc. I'm not following her diet (I intend to be a runner, need carbs) but it really doesn't seem that hard if you get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Or you could just cut back on what you already eat a bit and move more. Sounds a lot more pleasant.
    Cutting back on junk food will leave you tired and hungry, eating natural healthy food will leave you full and give you energy. Not to mention foods containing processed sugar and empty carbs will temp you to eat more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I'm a fan of the keto diet and know from experience that it works. That said, I strongly recommend intermittent fasting over keto.

There's a lot of great info out theres. This BBC comes to mind:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-19112549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhj_VSKiTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
    yeah i am actually doing 16/8 cardio at the morning and weight lifting before dinner , high protein low carbs . ripped very fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Out of curiosity: What kind of job do you have?
    A normal office 8:00 to 17:00 job (unfortunately). :-)

Every doctor who promotes a certain lifestyle will be biased, much like Atkins was biased towards a ketogenic diet. The difference is that Dr. Greger is absolutely right. The B12 myth is absolute bullshit, and a pathetic way to disregard a whole-foods plant-based diet. If you actually read up on actual evidence, you’ll see that many “omnivores” potentially including yourself have low-levels of B12 anyway. B12 is easily supplemented and the benefits outweigh the risks. To your other point, B12 is produced by bacteria/funghi in soil. People didn’t used to wash their vegetables (like carrots and potatoes) and normal spring/well water contained naturally occurring B12.
    This is information that could literally save millions of lives. Stop spreading myths that are literally harming people.
    So, you can hardly get enough B12 by eating red meat, but you can get enough by eating unwashed vegetables, I see. I really want to have at least one healthy discussion with a vegan, as I am not really hostile against vegans or anything. But this does not seem to be possible. It's like trying to argue with some members of a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    You know what else can be found in that same soil your precious B12 producing bacterial is located? Anthrax. Sheep, cattle, and horses are very susceptible to it because they are doing exactly what you are suggesting we do. Stop spreading myths that are literally a danger to humans.
    Again with the bullshit, but I give up. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Yeah, no. Shall we consider it ironic that you see everyone else as misinformed? I drop the mic right there.
    I'm a future doctor (internal surgery). Doctors get little to no dietary training in medical school WORLD-WIDE; we essentially learn about vitamins and minerals and that's about it. The rest is about controlling the symptoms of disease, not curing it. If you high cholesterol you'll be told to prescribe simvastastin (as an example), not actually educate the patient on the correct lifestyle. If a women gets endometriosis you'll give her drugs to alleivate her symptoms and slow progression; they'll not tell the women to cut out dairy completely which is full of hormones since it's sourced from pregnant cows (which produce the highest amounts of milk i.e. profit) which have insanely high plasma levels of hormones (like estrogens). If a stupid ketogenic person comes to get their gall-bladder removed due to not being able to cope with such high amounts of fats, you'll be told to remove it via a cholecystectomy.

The facts are there, why not look at them and forge your own opinion on the matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    A normal office 8:00 to 17:00 job (unfortunately). :-)

So, you can hardly get enough B12 by eating red meat, but you can get enough by eating unwashed vegetables, I see. I really want to have at least one healthy discussion with a vegan, as I am not really hostile against vegans or anything. But this does not seem to be possible. It's like trying to argue with some members of a cult.
    Forge your own opinion on the matter; just look at the facts. I'm not promoting "veganism" as a cult-movement. There are vegans who are unhealthy since french fries and coca-cola are vegan too. I'm talking about a whole-foods plant-based diet. But I give up. It's like trying to convince a Christian about evolution and the big bang.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Again with the bullshit, but I give up. Whatever.

I'm a future doctor (internal surgery). Doctors get little to no dietary training in medical school WORLD-WIDE; we essentially learn about vitamins and minerals and that's about it. The rest is about controlling the symptoms of disease, not curing it. If you high cholesterol you'll be told to prescribe simvastastin (as an example), not actually educate the patient on the correct lifestyle. If a women gets endometriosis you'll give her drugs to alleivate her symptoms and slow progression; they'll not tell the women to cut out dairy completely which is full of hormones since it's sourced from pregnant cows (which produce the highest amounts of milk i.e. profit) which have insanely high plasma levels of hormones (like estrogens). If a stupid ketogenic person comes to get their gall-bladder removed due to not being able to cope with such high amounts of fats, you'll be told to remove it via a cholecystectomy.

The facts are there, why not look at them and forge your own opinion on the matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Forge your own opinion on the matter; just look at the facts. I'm not promoting "veganism" as a cult-movement. There are vegans who are unhealthy since french fries and coca-cola are vegan too. I'm talking about a whole-foods plant-based diet. But I give up. It's like trying to convince a Christian about evolution and the big bang.
    you seem to want to ignore facts... and what the fuck is "whole food plant based diet" besides a bunch of stupid buzz words which. mean nothing.

what is whole food? is it like gluten free water? aka stupid and meaningless.

Deleted
    It's awesome to loose weight, it's miserable life style for long term though.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Fasting is a reasonable and expected part of the human experience and has been for thousands of years - we literally call it "feast and famine."
    This is totally, stupidly, utterly wrong. "Fasting," whatever the fuck that means, has never been the expected course of events for a human being. Hunter gatherers were essentially never without adequate nutrition, because if they ever were, they died. Early farmers were essentially never without adequate nutrition, because if they were they died. It's only truly wealthy who have the luxury of starving themselves on purpose with the absolute certainty they'll have food when they feel like stopping. The human body is not designed to starve, you can tell by how people doing that tend to die.

Apart from weight loss and overall feeling better, the best part of low-carb diet for me is that I don't have any cravings for sweets. And this is a big thing because I was a sweet tooth wole my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I heard the first week is hella tough. Is anyone eating this way?

Pretty excited about this new keto lifestyle
    Do you have some diagnosed health condition? If not then Keto is pretty terrible diet for the vat majority of people. There is nothing wrong with eating carbs (especially if you do any kind of exercise).

Quote Originally Posted by Krywulf View Post
    Do you have some diagnosed health condition? If not then Keto is pretty terrible diet for the vat majority of people. There is nothing wrong with eating carbs (especially if you do any kind of exercise).
    really and why is it terrible?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    It's awesome to loose weight, it's miserable life style for long term though.
    why is it miserable?

Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    This is totally, stupidly, utterly wrong. "Fasting," whatever the fuck that means, has never been the expected course of events for a human being. Hunter gatherers were essentially never without adequate nutrition, because if they ever were, they died. Early farmers were essentially never without adequate nutrition, because if they were they died. It's only truly wealthy who have the luxury of starving themselves on purpose with the absolute certainty they'll have food when they feel like stopping. The human body is not designed to starve, you can tell by how people doing that tend to die.
    I don't really care that much about the debate, but you are factually wrong in regards to the human body not being designed to starve :P. People can go for months without food, and survive. If the human body wasn't designed to starve, you'd die VERY fast without food, right? ^^

ITT: everyone's a nutritionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I don't really care that much about the debate, but you are factually wrong in regards to the human body not being designed to starve :P. People can go for months without food, and survive. If the human body wasn't designed to starve, you'd die VERY fast without food, right? ^^
    It is designed to withstand periods without food as a survival mechanism, but that is not that same as it being designed to do so as regular part of its diet.

Doctors get little to no dietary training in medical school WORLD-WIDE; we essentially learn about vitamins and minerals and that's about it.
    I already pointed this out in this very thread.

I'm talking about a whole-foods plant-based diet.
    And now you prove my point with little to no evidence except fear-mongering BS.

I eat a lot of plant matter, a sufficient amount of proteins, and significant fats.

Humans are omnivores, not vegans nor vegetarians. Some other primates on the planet also eat meat. The vegetarian primates do not because they can process cellulose into short-chain fatty acids, whereas human beings are very limited in anything like a similar capability.

If you want to come into the thread with an extraordinary claim like yours, I think the burden is on you to make other than mere assertions.