Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Void Theory? [Spoilers]

I know it is looking likely that we are having a void themed expansion soon. Is it possible that when going after Argus and its world-soul, that the now void corrupted Alleria mistakenly gives the void access to Argus' World-soul, thus giving them the energy to physically manifest, and invade our reality?
    This would cause us to have an expansion where we have to fend off the void on our turf, since Azeroth, is one of the most powerful world-souls discovered so far.

This a possibility lore-wise or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get weird vibes from locus walker dude. I feel like he's going to betray us somewhere down the line and maybe take control of alleria. It is within the void and all void entities interest to take out the Legion/pantheon after all...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If argus is matured then the void can't corrupt him. If he is matured or not is the question
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I foresee WoW going full Babylon 5 with the whole Light vs Shadow duality. The Light is not "good", as Xe'ra clearly showed. Shadow might not be truly evil, and the Void Lords that spawned the Old Gods into the universe might just be one faction of void beings while the rest is perfectly happy just chilling where they are.

It'll end up with us silly mortals flipping off both sides, saying we want no part of their conflict and telling them to stay the hell out of our universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I get weird vibes from locus walker dude. I feel like he's going to betray us somewhere down the line and maybe take control of alleria. It is within the void and all void entities interest to take out the Legion/pantheon after all...
    I felt the same way. Seemed awfully convenient to find an ally like him at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yeeeep. He makes me feel uneasy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering the Etherium we help in the Burning Crusade content are specifically the ones we end up killing because of void-based shenanigans, exactly 100% of the Ethereal NPCs we deal with outside of our Transmogfolk and merchants, have backstabbed 'us'.

So yea, I feel the same way. The Locus Walker's gonna turn around, mind control Alleria and rip open a rift from the void somehow, allowing the kool-aid man to bust through.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I foresee WoW going full Babylon 5 with the whole Light vs Shadow duality. The Light is not "good", as Xe'ra clearly showed. Shadow might not be truly evil, and the Void Lords that spawned the Old Gods into the universe might just be one faction of void beings while the rest is perfectly happy just chilling where they are.

It'll end up with us silly mortals flipping off both sides, saying we want no part of their conflict and telling them to stay the hell out of our universe.
    No if anything the battle between Light and Void will be forces of good against the beings of Void. Xe'ra as Velen said didn't want Turalyon to know what happens to Naaru sometimes(We already know what happenes, they become darkened).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    I felt the same way. Seemed awfully convenient to find an ally like him at that moment.
    If hes encouraging her to let go of all of her attachments' probably not a good guy. He probably want's Alleria as a weapon, or to become a full voided entity. He doesn't however want her to become a simple minded void abomination like those broken, so hes helping her. That's my opinion at-least.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm predicting Locus Walker to be the Gul'dan of the Void, his temptations and machinations are something to look forward to. On that note, when you spam click him he says that his real name is not something that we should know because it could break away the fabric of reality, is that a hint or a playful nod? We won't know for some time.

Also I'm betting that the novel that Christie Golden is writing is about the Army of the Light- including how Alleria met Locus Walker, that wasn't covered in game. Seems like material ripe for a novel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Well, considering the Etherium we help in the Burning Crusade content
    We didn't help the Etherium in BC? We helped the Consortium and the Protectorate AGAINST the Ethereum (and other factions). Anyway aren't the Seat Ethereal the Shadowguard a brand new faction?

I haven't played all of 7.3 yet so i may be missing stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I'm predicting Locus Walker to be the Gul'dan of the Void, his temptations and machinations are something to look forward to. On that note, when you spam click him he says that his real name is not something that we should know because it could break away the fabric of reality, is that a hint or a playful nod? We won't know for some time.

Also I'm betting that the novel that Christie Golden is writing is about the Army of the Light- including how Alleria met Locus Walker, that wasn't covered in game. Seems like material ripe for a novel.
    He's far too mysterious and suspicious. I mean he's cool and I enjoyed watching him. He's like Gul'dan and other villains, fun and cool to watch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    You're right. We helped the Consortium (which is what I meant to say) and they turned around and fucked off with Void shit. Unless i'm remembering incorrectly a few of the class artifact initial questlines (Arcane Mage specifically)
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

I hope he's not hit with villain bat too soon or at all.
    He's pretty cool and interesting as this shady mysterious Void teacher.
    I wanna see Void-based ethereal faction maybe as a complement to Army of Light that is not exclusevly evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my Void theory, Blizzard developers were in a meeting with the executives about the bath maybe they been taking on some other ventures, and they were like "So hey guys what are your plans for this wow thing".

And the Developers were all like: "Well we are almost about all ready to wrap things up it's been 10 years and..."

Executives: Yeah we would really like to maybe see if we could maybe do something else with that

Developers: Well you see the story has really been written and for shadowed for some time to lead up to a final apocalyptic battle.

Executives: So like a few more of these expansions

Developers: Well more like maybe 1 or 2

Executives: We like to keep out options open

Develoepers: The Void is born.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Here is my Void theory, Blizzard developers were in a meeting with the executives about the bath maybe they been taking on some other ventures, and they were like "So hey guys what are your plans for this wow thing".

And the Developers were all like: "Well we are almost about all ready to wrap things up it's been 10 years and..."

Executives: Yeah we would really like to maybe see if we could maybe do something else with that

Developers: Well you see the story has really been written and for shadowed for some time to lead up to a final apocalyptic battle.

In all truth and honesty this is how it unfortunately works. :/ At the end of the day, it's a huge company trying to maximise profits. Of course that's not a bad thing. It's expected. But it definitely hinders "true" story progression, and most importantly when things are supposed to definitively end. As an example, that's one of the issues the series Lost had. They had to continue pumping out seasons when it was supposed to end way earlier (because $$$), and the story really suffered from this and went downhill relative to something that should've been only 4 seasons long, but well-written instead of the 6 season dragged-out version we got.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2017-09-13 at 05:21 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

If anynthing, Alleria might be responsible for giving the void access to the seat of the pantheon. Priest dagger suggests that thanks to us foolish mortals they have finally gained access it after trying to access it since forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    In all truth and honesty this is how it unfortunately works. :/ At the end of the day, it's a huge company trying to maximise profits. Of course that's not a bad thing. It's expected. But it definitely hinders "true" story progression, and most importantly when things are supposed to definitively end.
    Yeah, well Blizzard isn't alone in this, and no I don't blame them on this front either, the economy is tough, and there is no really good reason to want to be out of a job especially if their is nothing really coming down the or in the works for anything else.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

LOL

TBH, I am looking forward to the void. One of those things Blizz hasn't touched on a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    In all truth and honesty this is how it unfortunately works. :/ At the end of the day, it's a huge company trying to maximise profits. Of course that's not a bad thing. It's expected. But it definitely hinders "true" story progression, and most importantly when things are supposed to definitively end. As an example, that's one of the issues the series Lost had. They had to continue pumping out seasons when it was supposed to end way earlier (because $$$), and the story really suffered from this and went downhill relative to something that should've been only 4 seasons long, but well-written instead of the 6 season dragged-out version we got.
    What did you guys expect? for them to just say "lol, the story we made 20 years ago has reached its conclusion, me must close this multi-million service" I'd bet my soul that not a single blizz developper ever considered that would happen (at least not after wow became the success it became following launch)