Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Of course not. If anything it is morally reprehensible to have children when really you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Only if you believe you are the fucking descendants of Elves or some shit and that your blood line should go on forever, and that the sperm and seaman of specific people is in danger of drying up LMFAO.

No it's more like critically fucking stupid to place such burdens and importance on dumb shit like people not choosing to have kids on a fucking planet that is pushing near 8 billion people.
    Oh I completely agree. But some people seem to think those who refuse to have kids are "avoiding to pay the national debt". That one's funny because if anything, having kids could enlarge it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Oh I completely agree. But some people seem to think those who refuse to have kids are "avoiding to pay the national debt". That one's funny because if anything, having kids could enlarge it as well.
    Oh HAHAHAHA! That hilarious and a very interesting perspective. Kind of messed up.

I think some people not having kids will make up in dividends, what some have taken out
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that my IQ has been lowered by reading some of those arguments.

If someone does or does not want to have kids, who the hell am I, or anyone else, to tell them no?

Hell, if someone wants to tell me whether or not to have kids, I get to pick their meals and clothes for the rest of their lives. Hope they like durian and glitter uggs. Maybe a, "Hail Satan!" t-shirt on the weekends.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Deleted
    why bother with kids , muslims allready have so many

Ask and thou shalt receive.
    Ok? How is that equal to "morally reprehensible"...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ok? How is that equal to "morally reprehensible"...?
    What I was trying to say is that it could be argued that it would be selfish to refuse perpetuating your bloodline. Didn't mean to imply that was your position.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Idk, but too many children certainly is.
    Plenty of people think "too many" is 1 though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the wrong question.

The right question is "do we have a moral imperative to reproduce if possible?"

There are so many reasons why people may not have children, so asking it the way you have don't have an answer.

But, given the state of the world's population, the only way you could claim there is a moral imperative to have children is if you feel so because of your religion. In which case it is your moral obligation but no one else's. In no scenario is there a universal moral obligation to have children, and even the notion is pretty absurd.

What I was trying to say is that it could be argued that it would be selfish to refuse perpetuating your bloodline. Didn't mean to imply that was your position.
    ... I still don't see how that's "morally reprehensible", it's not as if this world is in shortage of human lineage...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... I still don't see how that's "morally reprehensible", it's not as if this world is in shortage of human lineage...
    And I agree with that 100%. Just saying this is one that came out.

I think its more cruel to have children when you don't have that paternal instinct for them.

The world could do with less people, why would that be reprehensible? Ought to be commended tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks it's morally wrong NOT to have children is a fucking moron. I have kids but I couldn't care less what other people do with their reproductive organs.

Well, as long as they're not near my kids.

Yes. Have as many kids as possible to become king of the trailer park.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Welp. There was this debate during lunchtime at my workplace regarding whether it is morally reprehensible or not to choose not having children...

...and let's just say it wasn't too far off from what an MMO-C thread on that topic could muster. Two people even stormed off out of the building, presumably home, because they were so riled up.

Let's just say lunchtime was more animated than usual. And that was an understatement!

Now what do you guys think? Is it morally reprehensible to choose not to have children?
    Not morally reprehensible at all. In fact, mindlessly reproducing just to have children would be morally reprehensible. Many of the world's problems are rooted in the fact that we really have more people than the planet can reasonably sustain at good quality of life levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.

I have a hereditary disease that has a chance to cause several issues including lethal and/or life altering ones.

In me and my mother it's rather mild but as it gets passed down through the generations it can progress.

And even if I didn't I still wouldn't have kids because I'd rather focus on myself.

I have one life.

I do not wish to be forced to give share of it to someone else. I would have to find a female partner to produce children. This would mean I would have to change my life to live with the said woman (and she probably would have to make some changes to live with me). Then once children have been made, it would be mine and the female partners job to raise these children. This takes effort. Probably.

I have a friend. These days I dont really even talk with him anymore. He went and got himself a wife and a kid. He has to do lots of work and seems to have lot less time for people like me.

I don't wish to give my life to anyone. With that said, I have felt slightly sad about this matter. There could be happiness, if I had children, but I feel I don't want to give up what I have now for it.

It seems life has failed with me. I have chosen not to spread my DNA the way my ancestors have done since the begining of life. All for selfish reasons. Is it wrong? No... I dont think so.

I'm confused as to why it would be?

If you know you would make a bad parent, then yes I suppose.

Nevermind, read reprehensible as responsible.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2017-09-13 at 08:05 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance