View Poll Results: Will you buy the pet?

Voters
239. This poll is closed
  • Yes

117 48.95%
  • No

110 46.03%
  • Other (explained in the thread)

12 5.02%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Americans have enough money for their own crisis , not buying it.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Thats a an understatement, did you miss the fact that they sell lvl boosts? literally 100 lvls can be skipped if you give them the shekels. That's text-book ptw.
    What exactly are you winning?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Really wish they would put out something cool for these events instead of a pet. Could've been an Overwatch skin or a WoW mount or something.

Thats a an understatement, did you miss the fact that they sell lvl boosts? literally 100 lvls can be skipped if you give them the shekels. That's text-book ptw.
    Oh noes, people can skip 100 levels, and next expansion 110! They still have to complete 10 levels and all the gear that comes with it, skipping 100 level doesn't "win" you at anything.

Pay to win would be 110 with BiS gear, Legendaries, Gladiator and full Mythic completion.

Methinks you should look up the definition of it. You are not winning anything by getting to 100 with an optional purchase. By that logic FF14 is P2W because you can boost to 60, Rift is P2W because you can boost to 65 and so on.

Would I buy it? I'm generally against spending an extra cent over the monthly cost, but since it's - allegedly - for a good cause, I could. I'm not playing atm so obv wont, if its still ongoing once I get back on it, possibly, I might.

It's because of people like you that we have a cash shop that has gotten out of hand. Good job goy!
    You are welcome?

Deleted
    Bought immediately

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when poors tell me how i should spend my money. Or get upset at me buying something they cant, or wont, but mostly cant buy themselves. Muh principles though! Whatever. What is this pet, $12 usd? That is nothing.

Nevermind the fact that sales of this pet directly benefit a charity aid organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pay to win would be 110 with BiS gear, Legendaries, Gladiator and full Mythic completion.

Methinks you should look up the definition of it. You are not winning anything by getting to 100 with an optional purchase. By that logic FF14 is P2W because you can boost to 60, Rift is P2W because you can boost to 65 and so on.

Uhm, yeah you're gaining 100 levels ahead of someone who isnt paying. It's 110% p2w.

Also yes and yes.

Uhm, yeah you're gaining 100 levels ahead of someone who isnt paying. It's 110% p2w.

Also yes and yes.
    Thank you for proving that you don't know what pay to win means when you make a ridiculous statement like that. The general term is if it gives too great an advantage. You can level to 100 in no time at all so where is the great advantage?

P2W would be 110 in bis gear. You win nothing by going to a level cap 1 expansion ago.

Pay to win would be Blizzard selling a full set of maxed out Titanforged gear with 2 Best in Slot Legendaries.

I'd advise you broaden yourself on the definition if you want any further reply.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-14 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Nope, both Red Cross and Crescent support invasion of Europe.
    Speaking of Europe: it's where Acti-Blizz goes to do it's tax evasion. :/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKnv1YzI3k

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yes, I plan to buy one. I always purchase pets/mounts that Blizzard does for charities - goes towards a good cause.
    Exactly this. Considering we just went through Harvey and my family in FL went through Irma, I feel this is worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    And how many of those 42 new pets are actually a new unique model, that changes colour, with cool particle/spell effects and custom animations? I'm going to guess zero. I think there would be a lot less contention if the pets we got in-game were the same quality as the ones on the store.

The pets we got for in 7.3 are basically all mobs scaled down to pet size. I honestly found it hard to care about collecting most of them because they're just so dull; sure Naxxy is cool, but the rest, meh. The raid meta pet isn't even a custom model or anything at all special. Sure we get quantity but honestly I'd rather have only have 1-2 new pets each patch, if they were as well made as the cash shop pets.

I mean there's over 900 pets now, the last achv was at 600. Maybe instead of milking more cash from people with yet another store pet (honestly I don't care if latest one's for a charity stunt (to a shady charity)) they could maybe add a new achv for 800 pets with a unique model and animations? Crazy talk I know.
    New skyfin pets, no marsuul pets, new bile larva pets, new bilescourge pets, new golden retreiver pets, new cowboy golden retreiver pets. all new models
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

ill buy it for charity reasons but i can think of more appropriate versions of pets for hurricane charity...

I used gold. So technically someone else bought the pet and I traded gold for that pet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Thank you for proving that you don't know what pay to win means when you make a ridiculous statement like that. The general term is if it gives too great an advantage. You can level to 100 in no time at all so where is the great advantage?

P2W would be 110 in bis gear. You win nothing by going to a level cap 1 expansion ago.

Pay to win would be Blizzard selling a full set of maxed out Titanforged gear with 2 Best in Slot Legendaries.

I'd advise you broaden yourself on the definition if you want any further reply.

Again, you're incorrect as usual.

PTW means gaining an advantage, any advantage, that non-paying (except for the main game, the 15€ monthly subscription fee and the expansion set costs lol) players get. That means, PTW is NOT(!) limited to only BiS eq. That would idd be PTW, just more severe.

Any advantage, means 1 level more. 100 levels = 100 levels over someone who didnt pay for it. Sure it might be fast for you to get level 100, and you might not think it is PTW, but in reality it is a text-book example of PTW. Please don't bother replying in any thread regarding the subject unless you read up on it a little first.

Never understood people who buy WoW pets with real money.

Atleast a mount is somewhat visible.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Nope, both Red Cross and Crescent support invasion of Europe.
    Not to mention the fact that the sale profits would go 40% blizzard, 40% red cross, 20% actual victims of the natural disaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any advantage, means 1 level more. 100 levels = 100 levels over someone who didnt pay for it. Sure it might be fast for you to get level 100, and you might not think it is PTW, but in reality it is a text-book example of PTW. Please don't bother replying in any thread regarding the subject unless you read up on it a little first.
    Right but the person that doesn't use a boost also has advantages. Transmog, gold, achievements etc. Pay to Win implies winning and not just paying for an advantage. If your definition of Pay to Win is gaining an advantage then WoW already is pay to win and your argument is moot. Battle pets, CE upgrades, Subscription over limited free to play version all qualify as pay to win.

And the real kicker anyone who has bought WoD or Legion got a boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the fact that the sale profits would go 40% blizzard, 40% red cross, 20% actual victims of the natural disaster.
    100% of sales goes to the charities for the first few months the pet is out. The irony of you posting wrong information after telling someone not to reply if they don't read up first is great.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard will donate to the American Red Cross and IFRC 100% of sales for every charity pet sold between September 12, 2017 and December 31st, 2017. Proceeds will be split equally between both organizations. This purchase is not tax deductible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    You call this P2W? One friend of mine started to play WoW some weeks ago and used the free boost coming with Legion purchase on a character. This character was not even able to enter a normal Legion dungeon via LFD because his item level was too low. And he still needs to level the character to 110 just like the rest of us. This is surely not pay to win. Show me where I can buy a full set of latest mythic raid gear from Blizzard's shop when the raid is just released, then we will talk about P2W.