Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I hope he's not hit with villain bat too soon or at all.
    He's pretty cool and interesting as this shady mysterious Void teacher.
    I wanna see Void-based ethereal faction maybe as a complement to Army of Light that is not exclusevly evil.
    If he is the villain he won't be obvious about it. The best way to slow down our march against progressively stronger enemies is to have us fight organizations or unkown enemies. Granted intrigue and detective work is not something MMOs are good at, but there is no need to announce the end boss right at the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    LOL

TBH, I am looking forward to the void. One of those things Blizz hasn't touched on a lot.
    Well it's blizzard I am sure they CAN make it work, although if you consider how much time and whatever went into the already established lor and how much that in many ways has been fucked up, I dunno, either way, I am sure it will be a journey.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If anynthing, Alleria might be responsible for giving the void access to the seat of the pantheon. Priest dagger suggests that thanks to us foolish mortals they have finally gained access it after trying to access it since forever
    care to explain that a little more? I don't have a rogue and haven't heard that before.
    Hard to keep up with the lore considering it happens in specific class quests
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    care to explain that a little more? I don't have a rogue and haven't heard that before.
    Hard to keep up with the lore considering it happens in specific class quests
    Quote Originally Posted by Xal'atath
    Long have we sought entry to this realm! To think we have a mortal to thank for giving us our foothold. Your service will be remembered!
    Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=267182/p...major-spoilers.

Now, I have no guarantee that this happens at the seat of the pantheon but I don't see where else it could possibly make sense. If anyone can correct me, please do so.

What did you guys expect? for them to just say "lol, the story we made 20 years ago has reached its conclusion, me must close this multi-million service" I'd bet my soul that not a single blizz developper ever considered that would happen (at least not after wow became the success it became following launch)
    Of course, that's the thing. They can't do it because it'd be ridiculous from a business standpoint, but story-wise it also doesn't make sense to keep dragging it on either, start creating alternate-universes and timelines, bringing dead characters back to life, retconning etc. It's just one of the negatives which comes with something that's been so sucessful for such a long time. They'll keep on milking it until it starts to completely fail, which will still take a long time I assume.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    If he is the villain he won't be obvious about it. The best way to slow down our march against progressively stronger enemies is to have us fight organizations or unkown enemies. Granted intrigue and detective work is not something MMOs are good at, but there is no need to announce the end boss right at the beginning.
    It would be glorious if we had a (couple of) expansion(s) developping a few shady characters such as wrathion, the locus walker, and also maybe gul'dan types that are obviously evil but it's not obvious how relevant they'll be, all at the same time, and have us guessing for the first 2 patches or so who exactly will end up becoming a world/nation ending threat by the end of the xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Of course, that's the thing. They can't do it because it'd be ridiculous from a business standpoint, but story-wise it also doesn't make sense to keep dragging it on either, start creating alternate-universes and timelines, bringing dead characters back to life, retconning etc. It's just one of the negatives which comes with something that's been so sucessful for such a long time. They'll keep on milking it until it starts to completely fail, which will still take a long time I assume.
    Maybe from your perspective but other franchises are older then Warcraft and they keep going.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-09-13 at 05:50 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe from your perspective but other franchises are older then Warcraft and they keep going.
    other franchises have better storytelling and don't retcon every 3 months leaving plotholes all around

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    In all truth and honesty this is how it unfortunately works. :/ At the end of the day, it's a huge company trying to maximise profits. Of course that's not a bad thing. It's expected. But it definitely hinders "true" story progression, and most importantly when things are supposed to definitively end. As an example, that's one of the issues the series Lost had. They had to continue pumping out seasons when it was supposed to end way earlier (because $$$), and the story really suffered from this and went downhill relative to something that should've been only 4 seasons long, but well-written instead of the 6 season dragged-out version we got.
    Bad example, considering that Legion is one of the best expansions, storywise.

And theres plenty of stories to tell in WoW, you're probably one of the people that thought that WoW should end with WotLK as WC3:TFT was the only warcraft-game you had played prior to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post

And theres plenty of stories to tell in WoW, you're probably one of the people that thought that WoW should end with WotLK as WC3:TFT was the only warcraft-game you had played prior to WoW.
    Damn, that hit me hard. You're certainly not wrong. I have to admit that is the case. All in all, I maintain that the issue is not with the game itself (albeit I'm not happy with features like cross-realms etc) but with myself, the player, and how I'm extremely burned out.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post

I agree with the part about there being plenty stories to tell in wow. That doesn't mean that other guy is wrong.

Stories are being dagged-out, there are plot holes everywhere, the things you took for granted as your ground to stand suddenly aren't there anymore "just because".
    The whole "legion is timeless and unique to all universes" meme that got invented on WoD brought a shitton of problems to lore. Why do they keep attacking our azeroth if they have infinite parallel worlds? if that's so the legion's work if practically endless? Void lords are only present in our universe? if it isn't, then they could make an army out of diferent dimensions and attack us?
    These questions are not just "new stories", these are plotholes that are gonna be retconed again and again every patch/expansion.

If they did better storytelling thinking about what they are doing now and they will do in the future, legion and WoD wouldn't have been such a mess and people would actually feel more engaged in playing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not one to really trust what these obviously evil and divious entities say (cough Xal, and Varimathras) but this is what Xal'atath has to say on Alleria post dungeon:
    ''The catepillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now"

Deleted
    It would be glorious if we had a (couple of) expansion(s) developping a few shady characters such as wrathion, the locus walker, and also maybe gul'dan types that are obviously evil but it's not obvious how relevant they'll be, all at the same time, and have us guessing for the first 2 patches or so who exactly will end up becoming a world/nation ending threat by the end of the xpac.
    IKR. That's the thing with the void. They like to operate via people who are not obviously evil. Like the former Archbishop. Let's go full Lovecraft and fight the unknown. Sure we cab slay demigod and fight titans and world souls, but what of shadows?

I agree with the part about there being plenty stories to tell in wow. That doesn't mean that other guy is wrong.

Stories are being dagged-out, there are plot holes everywhere, the things you took for granted as your ground to stand suddenly aren't there anymore "just because".
    The whole "legion is timeless and unique to all universes" meme that got invented on WoD brought a shitton of problems to lore. Why do they keep attacking our azeroth if they have infinite parallel worlds? if that's so the legion's work if practically endless? Void lords are only present in our universe? if it isn't, then they could make an army out of diferent dimensions and attack us?
    These questions are not just "new stories", these are plotholes that are gonna be retconed again and again every patch/expansion.

If they did better storytelling thinking about what they are doing now and they will do in the future, legion and WoD wouldn't have been such a mess and people would actually feel more engaged in playing
    Yeah, the one thing that is very unclear to me still is the fact that there ARE limitless Azeroths (Vandel or what's his name in the Illidan book sees his son( daughter?) die in an infinity of different timelines, meaning an infinity of titan azeroths to corrupt?

I really hope N'zoth is going to outsmart and outplay the Void Lords, won't be out of the question for a servant to overthrown their masters. Ain't a fan of some lame purple creatures with uninteresting designs. The Old Gods are way cooler and interesting.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I am just not fan of the idea of someone who delves into something we Azerothians aren't familiar or okay with has to eventually be destined to become villain.
    I know we're special snowflakes and all but it's lame if we're right about everything always.
    (e.g. Our prevalent religion is Light so anyone who delves into Void is destined to be evil someday! Light has Heaven-esqe theme so it must be ultimate good!)

Locus Walker is a cool way to show different side of Void which could be achieved if you retain your own mind and learn to control it.
    Alleria or Locus Walker succumbing to Void would be as obvious twist as it can possibly get.

What I would find cool is if Locus Walker is part of Ethereal society who is for example inversed version of Army of Light.
    Using Void same as AoL uses Light, all went through rigorous training learning how to retain your mind while dealing with the Void.
    What I want to say is It doesn't have to be that they're working for Void lords because they use Void, they could have whatever goal they want and not be evil without some clock ticking for them to become fully corrupted or something like that.

It's more fun when you don't know who's good and who's evil and then have to choose a side imo but I can also understand people who dislike that.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-13 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    I am just not fan of the idea of someone who delves into something we Azerothians aren't familiar or okay with has to eventually be destined to become villain.
    I know we're special snowflakes and all but it's lame if we're right about everything always.
    (e.g. Our prevalent religion is Light so anyone who delves into Void is destined to be evil someday! Light has Heaven-esqe theme so it must be ultimate good!)

Locus Walker is a cool way to show different side of Void which could be achieved if you retain your own mind and learn to control it.
    Alleria or Locus Walker succumbing to Void would be as obvious twist as it can possibly get.

What I would find cool is if Locus Walker is part of Ethereal society who is for example inversed version of Army of Light.
    Using Void same as AoL uses Light, all went through rigorous training learning how to retain your mind while dealing with the Void.
    What I want to say is It doesn't have to be that they're working for Void lords because they use Void, they could have whatever goal they want and not be evil without some clock ticking for them to become fully corrupted or something like that.

It's more fun when you don't know who's good and who's evil and then have to choose a side imo but I can also understand people who dislike that.
    Well at the very end there has to be a clear villain. This IS an MMO after all. Branching storylines would be just a little bit complicated to develop. This isn't Morrowind when you can kill plot relevant NPC's if you are strong enough.

Deleted
    It is all about perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    other franchises have better storytelling and don't retcon every 3 months leaving plotholes all around
    There's no retcon every 3 months but ok.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It would be interesting if we got "faction war" in the sense of void vs light as an alternative to the recurring HvA war.