Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It has been that price since they started offering it and it is a full package not just a mount but nice try. Hope you enjoy those other games because obviously you wont be buying the package...... wink wink.

I know that you and people like you seem to love trying to find things to get mad about, but you clearly don't understand what's going on.

You're paying for blizzcon with that 40$. Not just a mount. The mounts dope and a nice extra thing but you're paying for blizzcon not the mount. Cry about something else.

lol I remember when I was 12 ad thought $40 was a lot of money

Those mounts are worth the price tag alone imo. Very slick, and I say that as someone who's anti-shop mount.

I paid $204 to get those mounts because I got a physical Blizzcon ticket, not the virtual one. Actually, I paid $408 because I bought 2 tickets for me and my brother. Since we share a battle.net account, I used one code to give us the mounts and now have another I can sell.

You aren't buying just the mounts. That's like buying a computer and complaining that the graphic card cost $800 when that was the price of the computer itself.

The virtual ticket includes goodies for the other games, will very likely include another Murky pet which they haven't announced yet (which I'm guessing will be tied to the next expansion), and access to viewing the various Blizzcon panels. If you're only buying the ticket for the 2 mounts, that's your problem. And you're also buying 2 technical mounts, not 1. While they're faction based, it's 2 mounts. They're also passenger mounts. So $20 per mount is rather fair. You get a little discount because they're faction specific but they're a bit more pricey because they're passenger mounts.

I've been in your boat before, OP. I bought a PSVita just to play Assassin's Creed III Liberation. Boy was I pissed when the game came out on PC later. I spent $300 to play a single game. Had the PSVita for 4 years now and still have yet to buy another game for it. I also bought D3: Reaper of Souls CE (not the DD but the physical CE) because I wanted the WoW pet. Cost me $25 to get it because it was on sale. While I have D3 and have a level 70 wizard, I have still to this day not played Act V. I spent $25 for a pet. Hell, I bought the Overwatch CE for the PS4 just to get the pet, too. After that, I stopped buying things for a single item. I look at the whole package. If it's worth it, I'll do it. I'm certainly not going to Anaheim just to go to Blizzcon. I'm hitting Disneyland, too. If I were just going for Blizzcon, I would have said fuck it and not spent the money on the tickets. But I was able to find more value in the trip by going to another location and lengthening my trip a few days.

If you only find value in a single item in the package and you find the price ludicrous, then perhaps the package isn't worth it. The mounts may be unique in appearance but we have the sandstone drake if you want a passenger mount. There's the RAF rocket, too. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to recolor the mounts later anyway. Look at the polar bear Blizzcon mount. Wasn't long after that came out that WotLK hit and we got the polar bear from Stormpeaks. The novelty of the mounts will wear off quickly anyway just like every other real money mount has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Want an unique mount? 40$
    Or you could get the 7.3 unique dmf mount lil'Hater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Calling it overpriced you might be able to build a case, Calling it robbery is intellectually dishonest however.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Gotta make up for all the subs that are bleeding.

Deleted
    It's really costly for sure, but it's not like you're REALLY missing anything even if you don't buy it (save for the mount). Sucks but as long as the consumers allow it it'll keep happening

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Gotta make up for all the subs that are bleeding.
    Yes by charging the same amount for a ticket they have been for years now.

Amazing logic.

Also source on bleeding subs?

10+ Year Old Account
    You pay that for the ticket.
    If you buy the ticket purely for the mount, you've paid a lot for a mount.
    Don't blame blizzard for your choices OP.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    It's really costly for sure, but it's not like you're REALLY missing anything even if you don't buy it (save for the mount). Sucks but as long as the consumers allow it it'll keep happening
    You should tell that to the people paying 100 bucks to watch 2 guys beat each other. $40 bucks for 2 full days of announcements and panels is worth it to me, your individual thoughts on it may very, but to me its worth it.

WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    before wow balance i would agree with you - but atm anyone who really wants them can buy it with wow gold - so no excuse .

its totaly fair

Blizzcon physical and virtual tickets are absurdly priced. Always have been, and always will be. People will defend that by saying "Blizzard just wants to break even! They're doing this as a favor for all of us, golly gee, I sure love Blizzard a lot, don't you! Blizzard!"

Blizzard loves their fans. A lot. They've got to be the most easily fleeced people on the planet outside of console gamers. I'd love em too! But Blizzard fans are a very particular kind of special in so far as I think a lot of them live in their own little bubbled up world where the only developer on the planet, or at least the only one that matters, is Blizzard, and raise them to such lofty heights that are highly unrealistic. Kind of like Nintendo fanboys, but even more cult-like.

Deleted
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

If that money is your month's wage, you should be doing something else than playing computer games and whining about dollars. But poor people gotta whine about something I guess instead of working or just skipping a few beers to save for that.

I seem to recall paying the same price every single year for a virtual ticket & the only thing I got out of it was a murloc on the WoW side of things. So since I have serious doubts that there isn't a murloc that simply hasn't been unveiled yet we are actually getting extra stuff this year for the same price.

15+ Year Old Account
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

You could always fly there instead, buy a hotel and a ticket to Blizzcon. Oh wait, that's going to cost close to 1k for everything. I guess $39.99 is a much better option to attend it remotely. If this is too much still for entertainment maybe it's just not affordable like many things in life.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Want an unique mount? 40$

BLIZZLIKE
    Yup. Blizzlike: exploiting a tragedy like Hurricane Irma to make a bananas profit via pet sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I know that you and people like you seem to love trying to find things to get mad about, but you clearly don't understand what's going on.

You're paying for blizzcon with that 40$. Not just a mount. The mounts dope and a nice extra thing but you're paying for blizzcon not the mount. Cry about something else.
    If he were to buy it he would then make a post bitching that he can "Fly on Argus" with it

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Blizzlike: exploiting a tragedy like Hurricane Irma to make a bananas profit via pet sale.
    you did read the part where 100 percent of proceeds from pet were being donated right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post

you did read the part where 100 percent of proceeds from pet were being donated right.....
    Oh, heard it was 50%

Oh, heard it was 50%
    For someone who complains a lot about things you sure don't seem to know a lot about what you're complaining about, that fact was written, right here on this website, just YESTERDAY.