Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Rogue One was awesome! But maybe too dark for you, maybe you needs some ewoks n shit?? Movie wasn't perfect, but it was good, way better than I expected. Pleasant surprise. Things have been going down-hill since Return of the Jedi, fucking baby bears defeating a galactic empire..wtf?...Rogue One is the first movie since Empire that is good.
    The movie wasn't dark. It was more of a brown shade (you know like shit).
    On a more serious note though the characters and the dialogue were atrocious, it felt rushed and still managed to bore me, the soundtrack wasn't good... Hell, I found it to be even worse than TFA.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Return of the jedi was probably my 2nd favorite star wars movie. Can't wait to see what jj Abrams does remaking it for star wars 9. Just as long as no one needs to hold reys hand I'm ok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    Awesome characters and simply fantastic cinematography.
    I agreed that the cinematography was good. But tell me what did make the characters awesome?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love all these armchair critics XD

The movie did amazing in theaters. So will #8, and so will #9.

You mad? Not to mention Star wars episode 7 did over 2 bil, and the latest transformers did roughly 600mil (less than 1/3), your point again was?
    Are you a shareholder for Disney? Why does it matter how much money it makes.

Justin Bieber and Taylor swift sell a lot of albums, doesn't make them any good. Popular =//= quality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Abrams is so fucking overrated.

You think people would have gotten the picture with the ending of Lost alone, nevermind when he started lying to people's faces ("No, he's really not Khan, ya'll. True story."). And then the Force Awakens just being a complete rip-off of the original movie, only "BIGGER, OMG!" and, somehow, even more stupid on the sci-fi front. "Look, lasers everyone can see everywhere simultaneously, cause that's how light works!!!!!!!"

The man is nothing but a scumbag who takes great ideas and shits all over them.
    Yeah...I was hoping we could see what Rian Johnson would do with Episode 8 before they'd make the choice as to who would do 9.

I don't like JJ...he ruined Star Trek and episode 7 basically turned into ANH 2.0, Episode 7 really left me wondering "They labeled the EU non-canon for this?"

7+ Year Old Account
    you got a better, OBJECTIVE metric to judge if something is good or bad besides sales?
    Thats the thing about art, objective measures are rather pointless as its a personal thing if someone enjoys it or not.

You can take a risk and make your art thoughtful and something new they havent seen and a lot of people might not like it but some will love.

Or you can remake a new hope and play it safe with no risks or offering something new and cater to all walks of life so it makes as much money as possible like a business and you continue to be the biggest shark in the film industry pumping out 2 of these money makers a year. I mean credit to disney they are making serious cash on it.

They're not films I'm gona rewatch in 20years like the originals however.

I love that people don't understand that Star Wars by its own lore and nature is a Cyclical story, of course it is going to be redone. I mean Luke and Anakin had zero in common based on their stories. It is almost like it was designed that way, or even digging farther back looking at the sith stories, all kind of mirror each other.

Let us not pretend that Star Wars was a be all to end all in story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Here's a fun fact about stupid people: More often than not (almost always in my experience, in fact) they're actually too stupid to comprehend just how stupid they truly are.
    My God! It could be any of us!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7+ Year Old Account
    But again, if 80% of the population loves your product/movie, but 20% HATES it to its core, is it a good or bad product/movie?
    Who cares the about the 20% and I agree the movie or "product" if you will needs to do well because it needs to cover its costs etc so we see more of that work, but its star wars man, its gonna break even on name alone. Try make something truly epic and unique. You get access to the best people working on it fully committed and you can get pretty much any actor/musician/cgi masters you could want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    Pretty interesting if you ask me. I didn't like TFA, but I will admit it did a lot of good to the franchise. Awesome characters and simply fantastic cinematography. I have faith considering JJ has admitted to what he felt he did wrong; making the plot similar to ANH was one of them.

I understand his point of view. Directing a Star Wars movie is a gargantuan task; but 7 was the first movie in in a decade. He had an absolutely huge burden on his back.

With this burden no longer on his shoulders, and Rian Johnson seemingly taking the franchise in an original path, I'm excited.
    Personally I think quite the opposite...his task was easier than you'd think considering how disliked or even hated the prequel trilogy was...and what did he do with that? Ripped off ANH...he would have to royally have fucked up for it not to be well received...because that is what he does...takes things, adds some explosions and camera flair, adds things that were never seen in a franchise to make it look *cool*, and the masses applaud.

All ANH 2.0, I mean Force Awakens was a ripoff with a crossguard lightsaber, stopping blaster bolts in mid air, and the new stupid back story disney added that saber crystals are partially sentient and the rest was a redone New Hope.

Oh and he ruined characters like always, did it with Star Trek and he ruined Luke pretty good...killed Han (I know Ford wanted out so I guess I can't blame him to much for this) and made Rey a even bigger Mary Sue than Luke was...then again the whole Enterprise crew was basically a bunch of Mary Sues...so I guess he didn't have to work much at all...since he basically just reuses stuff over and over again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    he ruined Luke pretty good
    Pretty hard to ruin a character that doesnt even talk and we only see from far away at the very end of the film.

Star Wars is so overrated, anyway.

Like holy fuck. TFA had good reviews and made bank. Get the fuck over it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Pretty hard to ruin a character that doesnt even talk and we only see from far away at the very end of the film.
    Considering Luke was always this brave (Sometimes a little to brave for his own good, character) he goes into hiding after his failure with Kylo and continues to hide even when the galaxy need hims.

Yeah...ruined him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Considering Luke was always this brave (Sometimes a little to brave for his own good, character) he goes into hiding after his failure with Kylo and continues to hide even when the galaxy need hims.

Yeah...ruined him.
    Maybe....but the whole middle section of lukes ending in return of the jedi to now is all blank. Gives freedom to fill in those questions of what happened to make him that way. Also it probably leads to bigger changes within the jedi/sith structure judging by the trailers for the last jedi and all the talk of grey jedi, so you cant pin that all on one man because those kind of decisions would be discussed with the star wars disney team not just one director.

Abrams can direct fine, but he should never be involved in writing. He is utterly unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I love how ppl are complaining that the guy who directed the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time world wide and the highest grossing movie in North America is getting another opportunity to direct one of these films. Yea guys im totally going to take your opinion over the millions of others who loved the movie so much they went to see it again and again and again in theaters. I saw this movie 5 times in theaters. If you think other movies are so much better than what JJ put out then why are you not seeing them repeatedly. And why dont millions of people see it repeatedly? Some people go see a movie once and even tho its a good movie wont see it again in theaters. This movie had sooo many repeat viewings. If people hated it as much as you guys did why did it make so much money. Your a minority, no one cares what you think about the movie.
    It doesn't matter who directed it. It still would have made big bucks. Just slapping the name "Star Wars" on anything will generate big bucks. Doesn't change the fact it wasn't that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    It doesn't matter who directed it. It still would have made big bucks. Just slapping the name "Star Wars" on anything will generate big bucks. Doesn't change the fact it wasn't that good.
    Fact it was like a ANH clone and add in the fact George had nothing to do with it and yeah...pretty much doesn't matter who directed it, bound to make a good pile of money.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Looks like someone ignored the fact its a new hope remake of course fans were gona like it. Can't do that for 3 movies or people might realize they are being sold a turd
    creed is a rocky remake and it's still a well made movie

TFA had enough new stuff in it that made it work

does it live up to the originals? probably not (except for maybe jedi, which had some glaring issues) but it was still a fun film to watch, and it went back to the franchise's roots, and was a nice palette cleanser from the prequels.

i have problems with the movie, but from a filmmaking standpoint it was very well made

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    They hoped to make a soft reboot on the franchise to give younger generations the feel of discovering this universe the same way people did in the lat 70's all while continuing the story with a bit of nostalgia here and there for the long time fans.

That's what they did, and it worked fucking well. You can be mad all you want, they don't care, they didn't make the movie for you.
    It backfired. The younger people i was in the cinema with, some that never watched a star wars movie at all, not even the prequels, hated it. So i call this old fans vs younger generation bias BS.

Besides the point of my first post was ignored.

I was more interested on opinions HOW imdb reviews were alltogether extremely bad about that movie, while it was rated rather high?

Explain this please, someone?

Explain the high rating with he massive bad reviews?

Here is the link again: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Go through the pages, it won't get any better.