Page 1 of 2
LastLast

First look at David Harbour's Hellboy

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks pretty fucking awesome... But to be fair the make-up was never going to be the problem.

Is he going to be able to rival Ron Perlman's performance though? THAT is the question.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there such a following of hellboy? I thought the movies were complete and utter crap imo.

not bad aside from the way his "stone" fist looks.. seriously it gleams like a Halloween costume prop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those can't be David Harbour's own muscles even remotely. He was a bit chubby in Stranger Things.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Those can't be David Harbour's own muscles even remotely. He was a bit chubby in Stranger Things.

Probably a suit/makeup like Perlman

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well, Christian Bale went from being 121 pounds in The Machinist to 190 pounds in Batman Begins...so anything is possible....but more than likely it is a muscle suit.

Idk, he may look the part but it's hard to consider anyone else after Perlman. That voice and performance...
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-14 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perlman was perfect casting. I like Harbour too, and if we hadn't had Perlman I'd be more excited, but he's got big clompin' shoes to fill. I'm really hopeful this thing isn't garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He looks pretty fucking awesome... But to be fair the make-up was never going to be the problem.

Is he going to be able to rival Ron Perlman's performance though? THAT is the question.
    Pretty much this. I loved perlman as Hellboy, he is the character, like Jackman was wolverine. How he acts as the character will make or break it for me, but the look is pretty dam spot on.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    His hair is supposed to be black, not brown...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Pretty much this. I loved perlman as Hellboy, he is the character, like Jackman was wolverine. How he acts as the character will make or break it for me, but the look is pretty dam spot on.
    Indeed. David will be fine I'm sure... But can he ever BE the role, in the same was that Perlman did? THAT is up for debate.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    His hair is supposed to be black, not brown...
    That could just be reflection from the orange/red spotlight they're clearly using, if his hair's relatively shiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why is there such a following of hellboy? I thought the movies were complete and utter crap imo.
    First one I digged, 2nd one not so much.

I have a large number of the graphic novels, which I think are awesome too.

But am I the only one looking at that and thinking, "this is basically Ron Pearlman"? There are only so many ways they can go with the makeup etc, but its not exactly streets apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Idk, he may look the part but it's hard to consider anyone else after Perlman. That voice and performance...
    Just think of how many of us thought that about the role of joker when Ledger took it, that no one would out do Jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    he does resemble him, it will be the voice and body language that make it or break it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    First one I digged, 2nd one not so much.

I have a large number of the graphic novels, which I think are awesome too.

But am I the only one looking at that and thinking, "this is basically Ron Pearlman"? There are only so many ways they can go with the makeup etc, but its not exactly streets apart?
    I mean, there's only so much you can do, really, if you're trying to match Mignola's art style somewhat;

Has to be superbuff, have the big hand, be frowny/grimacy, and bright red. I actually like that they're not aping the skin swirls that Perlman's Hellboy had.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    he does resemble him, it will be the voice and body language that make it or break it.
    And you have to get the dark, sell-effacing surrealism of Hellboy, which Perlman captured. It's not just the action sequences or cracking wise, you need to make scenes like this work;

Note that both those scenes are kind of absurdly serious, in-context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, there's only so much you can do, really, if you're trying to match Mignola's art style somewhat;

Has to be superbuff, have the big hand, be frowny/grimacy, and bright red. I actually like that they're not aping the skin swirls that Perlman's Hellboy had.

And you have to get the dark, sell-effacing surrealism of Hellboy, which Perlman captured. It's not just the action sequences or cracking wise, you need to make scenes like this work;

Note that both those scenes are kind of absurdly serious, in-context.
    Yeah, I guess so, I can imagine the outrage if he became blue or something.

Weirdly enough I saw this image earlier in the day, and weirdly thought, "what would Endus think?", recalling your signature.

So well done, you are in my head sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Ron Perlman is the perfect hellboy, tho 99.9% of movies he is in ends up sucking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I loved Ron Perlman's Hellboy, I don't know if David Harbour will be able to do as good of a job but they did a great job getting the faces to look the same not sure how much of that is the makeup or just the fact they both have kinda caveman looking faces irl.