Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    The term "taking the red pill" makes me cringe so much.
    Funniest thing is, taking the red pill = accepting being transgender. So those troglodytes using it is even more ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Liberal
    You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

oh great, taking an Op-ed and a fox news one at that as being indicative of anything is hilarious, also if your political opinions are so easily swayed by the nusto fringe then whatever, cya, gubye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    "Red pill" folks are missing a huge opportunity here. There are many progressives like me that think the tumblr level stuff is ridiculous. Yes, plenty of college students act and say stupid things. The mistake "woke" people of the alt-right are making is turning this into an airing of grievances over their diminishing power as straight white christians, especially males.
    right, just because I don't support BLM or antifa that's supposed to mean I'm red pilled? uuuuuh what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Funniest thing is, taking the red pill = accepting being transgender. So those troglodytes using it is even more ironic.
    Holy shit, The Matrix totally makes sense now. Thanks comrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both pills were NyQuil, so the red pill just means you don't want to take a nap.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    I'm thinking people who came up with the "redpilled" -term, and people who use it, don't even understand what it actually is to take the red pill. In fact, I'm guessing most of them haven't even watched the Matrix.

15+ Year Old Account
    throwing off the shackles of political correctness
    If only that was the only thing they were doing. They reject the shackles of political correctness, and then nail themselves on a cross of Trump worship and servitude to bigotry and lack of sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    The term "taking the red pill" makes me cringe so much.
    It's basically been ruined by guys who can't find girlfriends who blame the rest of the world, when the reality is they either 1) have no spine 2) are complete assholes, or both.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Source: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...-red-pill.html

Holy shit! Liberals are getting redpilled!

Praise Kek!
    There is no alt-left.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The term red pill that they use comes from the Matrix, where it essentially means: "You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes".

Did the term red pill for transgenders come before or after these people used it?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Word made up by right wingers to create a fictional equivalent to the alt Right.

Anyone can come up with whatever name they choose to call themselves. I could get a group of dogs and cats together can call them the "alt left" and or the "alt right."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    >Using 'alt-left'
    >Using liberalism as a stand-in for left-wing(Which is funny, because of the strong dislike that lots of lefties have for liberals).

Yup, its an MMO-C thread alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Anyone can come up with whatever name they choose to call themselves. I could get a group of dogs and cats together can call them the "alt left" and or the "alt right."
    But that is the thing, nobody is calling themselves 'alt-left'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Using 'alt-left'
    >Using liberalism as a stand-in for left-wing(Which is funny, because of the strong dislike that lots of lefties have for liberals).

Yup, its an MMO-C thread alright.

- - - Updated - - -

But that is the thing, nobody is calling themselves 'alt-left'.

To your knowledge there isn't any. Like I said, I could get a group of dogs and cats you never heard of and call them the alt left and or alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Watch out, whenever I point that out a bunch of posters will call me a commie/imply i'm one.

- - - Updated - - -

To your knowledge there isn't any. Like I said, I could get a group of dogs and cats you never heard of and call them the alt left and or alt right.
    And we all know they are not referring to non-humans.

Watch out, whenever I point that out a bunch of posters will call me a commie/imply i'm one.

- - - Updated - - -

And we all know they are not referring to non-humans.

Doesn't matter. It's the principle that something could be called whatever someone makes its out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. It's the principle that something could be called whatever someone makes its out to be.
    Are you just arguing semantics here?

What always amaze me is the utter imbecility of the memes the alt-right keep producing. Most of them does not make any sense.

Because, call me stoopid, but what is exactly supposed to mean ''take the redpill'' ? See that you are used as a living battery by genocidal robots ?

Oh yes, the vague ''see the world as it is really is''

But folks, that '''edgy'' metaphor is not exactly breathtaking-that's way better explained, way less confusing and making WAY more sense in a fourth century BC text (presumably way older, as Plato was inspired apparently by the Phytagoricians), The Allegory of the Cave. The obsession with the redpill screams like people obsessed with a fairly forgettable flick with two even more forgettable half baked sequels.

Sequels that FTR, go out of their way to demolish with a jackhammer of retcons the entire concept of the redpill, since there is no really choice...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Oddly enough I don't entirely disagree with what they're trying to say.

I -would- consider myself a bit on the fence between left wing and right wing, because I acknowledge that the SJW side might be overreacting quite a bit at times and acknowledge how dangerous and 'fanatic' the entire political correctness movement is. I don't agree with ruining entire people's lives because they dared to question the left-bias in society.
    You don't have to be on the fence because of the sjw. They're fringe by definition, to start with; and it's not like they self-identify as such: it's the new pinko. Being on the left has absolutely nothing to do with overreaction, fanaticism, or political correctness. Overreaction/fanaticism is not exclusive to any orientation; and PC is not even left by any standard: it's conservative. It's old farts squeaking at the lack of social decorum. It's politicians kissing children. It's a tool to project the power of the status quo over the minority opinion: you would't want to be a social outcast, would you?.
    Some american liberals adopt it, and some american conservatives try and cast it as a left thing; that's culture wars, co-option and subversion, with the predictable outcome of America 's Overton window turning right in the last few decades. But it's just that: american conservatism reigning over the political discourse.
    People can be left (or right) without any of that nonsense. Fence sit if you want, but don't justify it with the american perspective.

Are you just arguing semantics here?

Not sure where you're going. It's pretty simple to understand what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where you're going. It's pretty simple to understand what I said.
    I'm asking you whether you're just arguing for the sake of arguing(about semantics).

You know what would be really the mother of all redpills ?

That of the heroes of the alt-right,

-One set ended soiling themselves in fear in a bunker minutes away from being stormed by the Red Army .
    -The other set ended up trying to flee in Mexico dressed as women.

For people so obsessed with big manly guns, it's odd to venerate so much armies that ended up being utterly crushed.

But keep licking the losers, folks. Keep lionizing the Aryan supermen that considered your own people talking animals.