10+ Year Old Account
    the MOBA looked generic af

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok and? What is the point of this post?
    Expression of an opinion. Are you the only one allowed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    The suction cup trick basically only works to help alleviate the pressure in instances where the screen is still touching the LCD screen where there hasn't been any permanent damage. To make matters worse, it's not always easy to tell if it's an easy fix or not, and attempting the suction cup trick can make matters worse. In any instance where the actual liquid crystals of the LCD have been compromised... I don't actually think there is any repair that can be done short of replacing the entire LCD.

Since you were dealing with a screen protector... are you sure you didn't simply manage to trap some air between the protector and the screen? Or have you removed the protector and the 'stain' is there?
    I thought the suction cup was helping because it appeared to be getting smaller but the more I tried, nothing happened. I was applying the protector (after cleaning and drying the screen) and gently put my fingers down on it, noticed some air pockets and tried to smooth them out but it wasn't working. Lifted it up to try again and noticed the actual screen was like that as I tried again. It doesn't currently have the protector on it. Things never work right for me and I don't know why I bother. I shouldn't have done it in the first place.

I guess I can try calling Target to see if they'll do an exchange or if not, I guess I'll have to live with it.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...98319653769216

The Kirby game for Switch has a name in Kirby Star Allies.

Need the octopath demo to go live.

I need to see the game on the Switch screen.

I like everything about the game but those retro sprites looked like ass on my monitor, the environments looked great but those retro sprites looked so horribly out of place. Hopefully it looks better on the portable screen and I can get past what I think is a bad aesthetic because the idea and team behind the game is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the MOBA looked generic af

- - - Updated - - -

Expression of an opinion. Are you the only one allowed to?
    I think it was more of a, "Nintendo has been hammered on a lack of 3rd party support and now when they get it, we're just going to bemoan that they're all ports."

Not to mention there was a lot of stuff there NOT ports so it was a bit hyperbolic.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-13 at 11:04 PM.

So this is happening:

RIP AND TEAR....on the go!

EDIT: people beat me to it. Oh well, still interesting to see Doom on Switch. I did not see that coming...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I fully expect a Direct in November as Doom doesn't have a release date , and we are going to need launch dates of things in January and February to tide us over until the next Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    So this is happening:

EDIT: people beat me to it. Oh well, still interesting to see Doom on Switch. I did not see that coming...
    Yeah I was stoked to see that. DOOM is easily my top game in a looooong ass time and have it on the go seems like a dream.

Hopefully it comes with all the updates like the arcade mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    So this is happening:

I have some worries for its performance as framerate matters a ton for it as do the graphics. Its a beautiful game and it runs smooth, but having it run on the Switch without the Switch turning into a hellfire itself is gonna be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Yeah I was stoked to see that. DOOM is easily my top game in a looooong ass time and have it on the go seems like a dream.
    I have no doubt the game will run well as well. IdTech6 is so extremely well optimized that I think even a potato could run the game. On PC, if you turn it to the LOWEST SETTINGS the game still looks good as well, so even toned down the full Doom experience will be there.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have some worries for its performance as framerate matters a ton for it as do the graphics. Its a beautiful game and it runs smooth, but having it run on the Switch without the Switch turning into a hellfire itself is gonna be interesting.
    Really not that hard. The Switch isn't some ancient piece of shit. It's superior to the PS3/Xbox 360 in raw power.

But it definitely won't be nearly as shiney as of course your PS4 and Xbox One versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really not that hard. The Switch isn't some ancient piece of shit. It's superior to the PS3/Xbox 360 in raw power.

But it definitely won't be nearly as shiney as of course your PS4 and Xbox One versions.
    Well I have read that excuse before and it makes sense for L.A noire as that is an old game from the earlier days of the last gen. DOOM 2016 is a year old.

Its CPU is still shit (worse then ps4/xb1 by a great deal) and it has 3GB of Ram useable for dev's.

Its impressive these games are on the system but I do not see them running at 60FPS unless its like sub 720p docked. If even then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its CPU is still shit (worse then ps4/xb1 by a great deal) and it has 3GB of Ram useable for dev's.

Its impressive these games are on the system but I do not see them running at 60FPS unless its like sub 720p docked. If even then.
    Again, think you're under estimating the capability of the system. It is also questionable why they would release it all if they couldn't achieve 60 because that arguably defeats the point of the game for many.

You might be right, don't get me wrong but I'd be surprised.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-13 at 11:13 PM.

Again, think you're under estimating the capability of the system. It is also questionable why they would release it all if they couldn't achieve 60 because that arguably defeats the point of the game for many.
    No I'm not under estimating the capability of the system, What it can do is right there. As for why would they release it at all.......For money. Making watered down ports doesn't take much time for them to do.

Thankfully idtect6 scales decent. With that said I highly doubt it has a locked 60 FPS, But maybe a uncapped framrate.

For example of weak hardware running doom. This is doom on a budget system (that is OCed) with better hardware then The Switch and it still couldn't hold 60fps.

Don't get me wrong its cool these games is coming to The Switch. I just don't see them running 60FPS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

No I'm not under estimating the capability of the system, What it can do is right there. As for why would they release it at all.......For money. Making watered down ports doesn't take much time for them to do.

Thankfully idtect6 scales decent. With that said I highly doubt it has a locked 60 FPS, But maybe a uncapped framrate.

For example of weak hardware running doom. This is doom on a budget system (that is OCed) with better hardware then The Switch and it still couldn't hold 60fps.

Yes but that's assuming the Switch port isn't specially modified in order to better attain a smoother experience. PCs are one thing because you're just throwing a dart at a board to determine your lowest denominator. It's different when you know exact system specs.

Now again, it could be just a shitty port, as you said. It might not be though and if it's not, then it's something worth getting excited about.

- - - Updated - - -

Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle $379.99

Now again, it could be just a shitty port, as you said. It might not be though and if it's not, then it's something worth getting excited about.
    30FPS or 60FPS I think its still worth being a bit excited about. Both games on a handheld are cool as hell. But we have seen less demanding games on The Switch that couldn't even hold 30FPS.

Skyrim on The Switch is also running at 30FPS, So it doesn't surprise me at all if Doom/WSII is also running at 30FPS.

30FPS or 60FPS I think its still worth being a bit excited about. Both games on a handheld are cool as hell. But we have seen less demanding games on The Switch that couldn't even hold 30FPS.

Skyrim on The Switch is also running at 30FPS, So it doesn't surprise me at all if Doom/WSII is also running at 30FPS.
    To be fair though a lot of that has to do with it being a massive open world with a lot of assets to render. I'm rather impressed Skyrim will run as well as it will upon release considering. On the other hand, DOOM is a lot more enclosed and easily manipulated to boost performance and can even be dialed down further in given regards from the options you see on PC.

I personally though, won't buy it if it doesn't run at 60fps. It's pointless to me.