Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Diablo Surprise?

What is the most surprising thing that has happened to you while playing Diablo?

For me, I ran a rift that had 3 mass goblin areas within the same rift. I must have looted 30-40 legendary items in that one rift.

Mostly that I kept playing it so long.

It's not a bad game by any means, but I honestly didn't expect it to have such strong legs.

That the reason I bought the game - PVP - still hasn't been implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    How I would enjoy playing ranged.

I spent years as melee in D2 and all of D3 pre-RoS. In RoS, I went DH and never have gone back.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Dying whenever I thought that for sure I was tanky enough.

I have never gotten extremely lucky, but I imagine getting something like both a primal dawn and primal fortress ballista on a DH this season would be pretty surprising. Overall D3 is a game of evened out odds over long hours of grinding, so it's hard to be surprised at much.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of my primal drops have been useful and have rolled pretty godly
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to list 3 things:

1. That my hatred for Boggan Trappers apparently has no ceiling.
    2. How much I enjoy seasonal play having convinced myself on announcement that it was a really stupid idea.
    3. How addictive playing hardcore is: I could never play normal again as I seem to love the buzz of knowing every rift could be my last.

Bonus stupid answer:

4. Why I STILL decide to try and do Uber bosses on TXIII when drunk on a Saturday night.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

The fact that I still have D3 somewhere on an external drive, hoping this mess will be fixed. It won't.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-13 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    That the reason I bought the game - PVP - still hasn't been implemented.
    The fact that you thought it would ever really materialize is funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mastering Rathma and Inna set dungeons. Managed to finish them in the very last second.

Deleted
    Error 1016 and HC death lol

Surprised rathma is so faceroll.

Diablo 3:
    How amazing the art style is.
    How convinient the game is, and it's interface.
    How relaxing and friendly it is.
    Sets - great feeling of progressiog, this is what I love. You can feel the power increase with each part.
    And the most important: the game doesn't require hours upon hours to enjoy the engame, saves real life time <3

When someone used an exploit to make my necro drop all my really great gear in D2 and I cried my eyes out to my mom and dad about it but they knew they couldn't do anything.

How bad of a game it is, after waiting ~10 years for its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    RMAH, no single-player and no PvP. All of them surprises in the most negative sense.
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There is no RMAH and its all about single player. As far as PvP goes,there has truly never been pvp in a diablo game.What people did in D2 was not pvp.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2017-11-06 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    The removal of the RMAH, not the removal of the gold auction house.
    Honestly i thought it would generate a giant turmoil against blizzard, because a lot of people bought the game just because of that feature and they removed it.

I guess this crosses all Diablo games. The most surprising thing was falling for the item popping prank/exploit. Hours lost over a simple full inventory, and the face of surprise I had on for weeks.

However, Diablo 3 specifically, I am surprised I had as much fun as I did in the earlier iterations of the game, and the later stages being less challenging and thought provoking. Additionally, I was surprised that they charged for the new Necromancer class when they just gave away 15 new heroes in Heroes, released more than 5 heroes in Overwatch, added several huge content patches in WoW, new content in Hearthstone for "free" in-game currency, and added new patches to 20 year old games.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf4Prez View Post
    I guess this crosses all Diablo games. The most surprising thing was falling for the item popping prank/exploit. Hours lost over a simple full inventory, and the face of surprise I had on for weeks.

However, Diablo 3 specifically, I am surprised I had as much fun as I did in the earlier iterations of the game, and the later stages being less challenging and thought provoking. Additionally, I was surprised that they charged for the new Necromancer class when they just gave away 15 new heroes in Heroes, released more than 5 heroes in Overwatch, added several huge content patches in WoW, new content in Hearthstone for "free" in-game currency, and added new patches to 20 year old games.
    Those other games generate revenue in other ways though, Necro had to make Blizzard some money to justify keeping the lights on for D3. Whatever ones feelings about the game, Blizzard has gone above and beyond supporting D3 well after the well dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf4Prez View Post

I mean.. You bought the game, once. It sells for what.. $20 now?
    Heroes is free to play but they make a shit ton off micro-transactions. Overwatch is the same way. Wow charges $15 a month and they make money off micro-transactions. Diablo doesn't make anything off anything anymore. Ofc they have to charge for the expansion.

Did you get charged for the Lord of Destruction expansion for Diablo 2? Yes. Their pricing concept is the same as D2.