Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    It's $40 for the virtual ticket. The 2 mounts you get for that are just extra. It's been like this for years now. Stop using clickbait titles and being so over dramatic.

Yeah, $40, the same price the Ticket has been for years, including years when it didn't include mounts, for two mounts, access to all Blizzcon content from your home computer, as well as whatever other benefits- Overwatch Skins, Heroes of the Storm skins, Hearthstone cards, Diablo cosmetics- they'll be announcing in the next several weeks, and access to the Blizzard Store's exclusive Blizzcon attendee and virtual ticket holder merchandise.

When two mounts purchased directly from the Blizzard Store is a total of $50.

"Daylight robbery" indeed. Come on, dude.

7+ Year Old Account
    But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Well then, do us a favor, unsub, and go buy Warhammer 2. Have a nice day.

WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

You mean like all those other deliberately unique mounts that I have had no inclination to own? Exercise some self control. What ever happened to accountability? Don't buy it if you cannot afford it. Buy it if you can and want it. This is really a double nothingburger with all the fixings on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Pretty lame they are using the balloon mounts for this....$40 to watch awkward developers stumbling over themselves trying to over hype products egh...
    Wow you whine about just about anything don't ya? The Blizzard developers are AAA and are as professional as it gets for game developers and game studios.

There isn't a better game studio out there in terms of them clearly communicating their games and platforms to their customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i just want to see the cosplay and that's it. 40$ is too expensive for that.

- - - Updated - - -

40$ is a 6 hour shift here.
    You make 6 bucks an hour? I hear college is a good avenue to increasing your income over time.

What if they made the mount really cool, because they dont wanna announce the next expansion at Blizzcon and this is a marketing trick to get people to buy the VT anyway? ;V

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow you whine about just about anything don't ya? The Blizzard developers are AAA and are as professional as it gets for game developers and game studios.

There isn't a better game studio out there in terms of them clearly communicating their games and platforms to their customers.

286k glad i just got 6 at 236k 2 days ago lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 bucks Australian. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    what AAA title is $40 cuz i want it
    Hellblade?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    £25 to watch some adverts is ridiculous

Deleted
    What is the problem?

Ppl have to spend money for watching TV, sport events and mutch more.
    I mean its not like blizzard can make blizzcon happen without money and i rather see them gain it from entry or e-ticket sells then that they spend money from sub fees that are suppose to be used for dev and support of the game.

As for the mounts it is just smart macketing to try get ticket sells from current blizzard gamers since alot can find ways to watch blizzcon online for free this way they try to pull them in to watch it the legit way.

Good thing all info will be posted here in timely manner just like it has always been.

Well, it's pretty sad that unique models are locked behind paywalls, but what can you do. Nobody's forcing you to spend.
    It's a lot for a virtual ticket, but the price is probably justified in their mind by the fact that people keep buying them in droves every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pretty much. My only issues with the virtual ticket are the broadcast quality(every year so far video quality/lag has been pretty bad at times) and Blizzard making specific panels(the most interesting ones) unavailable for virtual ticket. It's basically the price of 2 cinema tickets for 2 evenings of content, seems pretty fair to me.
    Where the fuck do you live that it costs $20 for a single movie ticket?

10+ Year Old Account
    how dare blizzard charge for a virtual ticket the same price they did since inception...

what I think OP is saying "I want the mount but don't care about blizzcon virtual ticket so i'm made that I have to spend 40$ on the one thing i want"

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    how dare blizzard charge for a virtual ticket the same price they did since inception...

what I think OP is saying "I want the mount but don't care about blizzcon virtual ticket so i'm made that I have to spend 40$ on the one thing i want"
    Would you pay $40 to watch trailers of movies coming out next year?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Well in the Netherlands a movie in cinema costs like 12-16 euro depending on the running time and that is like ~ 2 hours of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me again how you'll be forever banned from doing anything of note again in WoW if you choose not to pay those 40 bucks for the blizzcon virtual streaming ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Tell me again how you'll be forever banned from doing anything of note again in WoW if you choose not to pay those 40 bucks for the blizzcon virtual streaming ticket.
    Id agree with you if the models werent so unique. Its not just another boar model reskin. Its a very specific mount that is unlikely to get reskins.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Yeah, costs $6 for a ticket in my town. And that's for the biggest cinema, right in the city centre.