Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    ...because we already dealt with the Lich King... in WotLK.
    and thus whats left of his army shouldve rotted away after all isnt that Sylvanas goal?

If she cant find eternal life what chance has the Lich Kings army?

At least the demons have that whole cant die unless nether bullshit!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    and thus whats left of his army shouldve rotted away after all isnt that Sylvanas goal?

If she cant find eternal life what chance has the Lich Kings army?

At least the demons have that whole cant die unless nether bullshit!
    Arthas directly controlled the Scourge. His over confidence, and his remaining humanity, are the only things that kept Azeroth from being overrun a long time ago.

Arthas literally waited until we could challenge him, before he did anything because he could. He wanted to reflect on his decisions of conquering Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Arthas directly controlled the Scourge. His over confidence, and his remaining humanity, are the only things that kept Azeroth from being overrun a long time ago.

Arthas literally waited until we could challenge him, before he did anything because he could. He wanted to reflect on his decisions of conquering Azeroth.
    That was nearly 8 years ago and zombies aint built to last so unless he is building new zombies which he cant cause someone would notice also Sylvanas would cry SCAB thats my job!

BOTTOM LINE is that not enough people have died in Northrend to replenish his dwindling band of maggot eaten zombies thats why he has to trick his dumbass ex band of DK with swords that seems too easy to acquire almost like he wanted them to have them!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 01:35 AM.

And yet the lich king needs Dks to use as pawns?

Did you not do the DK questlines? Its almost like he is using them and why should he after all what you say he has a army of undead insects, gargoyles etc etc
    The Deathknights are just another unit type for the Scourge. Doesn't change the fact that the Scourge has abominations, constructs, plague users, liches, undead dragons, etc etc.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

That was nearly 8 years ago and zombies aint built to last so unless he is building new zombies which he cant cause someone would notice also Sylvanas would cry SCAB thats my job!
    Look, if you are trying to bring logic into this, you are going to have a bad time.

Secondly, feeding ain't fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    The Deathknights are just another unit type for the Scourge. Doesn't change the fact that the Scourge has abominations, constructs, plague users, liches, undead dragons, etc etc.
    So did Sylvanas plus those was nearly a decade ago!

The lich king army comes from deceased beings or beings that was sewn togther and seeing how nobody has set foot in Northrend how can he replenish that army without warfare on his lands?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    High elves with working elf gates.
    Thought the Scourge already defeated them in wc3 and that was without the rest of the scourge forces in northrend. Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Did blizzard not once say that the Trolls would rule the world if they would just unite under 1 banner.
    Ofc this was before all the killing over the WoW exp packs.
    Sounds a lot like the Orks from 40k lol.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Look, if you are trying to bring logic into this, you are going to have a bad time.

Secondly, feeding ain't fun.
    I know logic is something you need to leave behind when discussing things like this its just i like to discuss in a logical way and how generals wouldve fought and what tactics they could use.

I know this is just shit cooked up in Chris Metzens mind but its still fun to argue.

So did Sylvanas plus those was nearly a decade ago!

The lich king army comes from deceased beings or beings that was sewn togther and seeing how nobody has set foot in Northrend how can he replenish that army without warfare on his lands?
    Any scourge troops that fell could be reanimated again using necromancy unless their body were totally destroyed. And there are millions upon millions of scourge troops, more than enough to still be strong.

Any scourge troops that fell could be reanimated again using necromancy unless their body were totally destroyed. And there are millions upon millions of scourge troops, more than enough to still be strong.
    But that was ages ago even in game time so they mustve fell apart by now.

The strength with the scourge is that they reanimate fallen soldiers but nobody has fought in Northrend for a long time. Plus Sylvanas has held a monopoly on rezzing dead soldiers since catacylsm.

I honestly dont know what strength the Lich King has except to manipulate the Ebon Blade into doing what he wants.

But that was ages ago even in game time so they mustve fell apart by now.

The strength with the scourge is that they reanimate fallen soldiers but nobody has fought in Northrend for a long time. Plus Sylvanas has held a monopoly on rezzing dead soldiers since catacylsm.

I honestly dont know what strength the Lich King has except to manipulate the Ebon Blade into doing what he wants.
    Since you don't seem to view the Scourge at being that powerful. What do you think would be the weakest faction needed to defeat the Scourge in your opinion? Genesaur? Nagas? etc?

Since you don't seem to view the Scourge at being that powerful. What do you think would be the weakest empire needed to defeat the Scourge in your opinion? Genesaur? Nagas? etc?
    Atm the Mantid!!

They could swarm and overrun them easily!

If numbers = Strength

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the Scourge already defeated them in wc3 and that was without the rest of the scourge forces in northrend. Unless I'm missing something.
    The elves failed against the Scourge because Dar'Khan betrayed them and sabotaged Ban'dinoriel.

I have a hard time thinking of an empire that could fall to the Scourge. In all honestly, it has always felt like an empty threat to me, it's just zombies and undead and the like, all easily dispatched.

The Scourge was defeated by idiots who thought having a tournament where people killed each other for shits and giggles right outside of ICC was a good idea.

Pretty sure the gnoll empire could beat the scourge.

Atm the Mantid!!

They could swarm and overrun them easily!

If numbers = Strength
    What??!! the Mantid lol? They are powerful but the Scourge should have more troops than them. I could understand the Aqir Insect civilization but any of the splitter insect empire, Mantid, Oiraji, Nerubians etc would have no chance alone. Even a Genesaur infestation would have more chance than the Mantid since the former could terraform the land while multiplying at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The Scourge was defeated by idiots who thought having a tournament where people killed each other for shits and giggles right outside of ICC was a good idea.

Pretty sure the gnoll empire could beat the scourge.
    To be fair, the Lich King purposely held the Scourge back to give us the illusion that we were doing well. He wanted to find worthy heros to resurrect.

Didn't read the chronicle but how powerful were the Gnoll empire at their primes?

What??!! the Mantid lol? They are powerful but the Scourge should have more troops than them. I could understand the Aqir Insect civilization but any of the splitter insect empire, Mantid, Oiraji, Nerubians etc would have no chance alone. Even a Genesaur infestation would have more chance than the Mantid since the former could terraform the land while multiplying at the same time.
    Thing is the scourge cant reproduce its there biggest weakness while the Mantid can reproduce like fucking wasps! The scourge would lose by attrition alone cause they cant reanimate insects or at least reanimate them in the numbers needed before the mantid can overtake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Mogu empire. Being made out of stone sort of trumps the Scourge's greatest strength.
    Not necessarily. Remember the Obidian Destroyers in Warcraft III. Blizzard kind of retconned them into being converted stone Tol'Vir or something.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Mogu Empire. Lei Shen was OP as fuck and only the Warcraft version of a thermonuclear bomb could stop him.

Also the Black Empire with the Elemental Lords is a no brainer.

The Burning Legion naturally.

Think that's it tbh.

Oh and the combined might of the Horde and the Alliance.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-14 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is the scourge cant reproduce its there biggest weakness while the Mantid can reproduce like fucking wasps! The scourge would lose by attrition alone cause they cant reanimate insects!
    Yes, they can... there's tons of undead nerubians in the Scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Mogu Empire. Lei Shen was OP as fuck and only the Warcraft version of a thermonuclear bomb could stop him.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At the height of their prime, Lich King vs Thunder King: who wins?
    1on1? Thunder King. But LK is smarter. Army vs Army, Arthas would tear his empire to SHREADS. (DaveKosak)