Thread: Black Desert

Very dead thread. Anyone playing this (Europe) ? I'm enjoying it quite a lot so far, but barely played 100h. The p2w is quite severe, but if you ignore that part (it's very hard to ignore though) the game looks absolutely amazing - far better than any other mmo i've ever seen or heard of. The combat gameplay is also quite nice. Yes, there is auto-aim and its quite repetetive (the combos) but it's still a lot better than the classic tab-targeting mechanics.

Overall the game is good, but as with so many other cases, it could be A LOT better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Very dead thread. Anyone playing this (Europe) ? I'm enjoying it quite a lot so far, but barely played 100h. The p2w is quite severe, but if you ignore that part (it's very hard to ignore though) the game looks absolutely amazing - far better than any other mmo i've ever seen or heard of. The combat gameplay is also quite nice. Yes, there is auto-aim and its quite repetetive (the combos) but it's still a lot better than the classic tab-targeting mechanics.

Overall the game is good, but as with so many other cases, it could be A LOT better.

I played it for one afternoon and never came back to it. The character models and animations are gorgeous, but I was a little turned off that each class is Gender-Locked. The gameplay itself was smooth and I had fun with the combat for sure, but it didn't have anything that really pulled me in outside of fun gameplay. So it turned out to be one of those things where I didn't want to put the controller down (figure of speech), but once I did I never thought about it again.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

The p2w is quite severe, but if you ignore that part (it's very hard to ignore though)
    Would you believe there was a long stretch of time where people seriously tried to debate that the game wasn't p2w.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

You'll quit soon enough once you realize how sh!t the enhancing system is. Just wait till you start going for TRI+ accessories hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Would you believe there was a long stretch of time where people seriously tried to debate that the game wasn't p2w.
    Doesn't actually surprise me the slightest. A lot of people seem to have a disturbing obsession by claiming nothing is p2w, even when the proof is right there infront of them.

It's really sad to see that so many gamers are indoctrinated to the point where they'd become rabid gatekeepers.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    typical asian p2w, they make 2-3 games like this every year

Deleted
    Im actually surprised how unpopular this game is, especially on MMO-champion.

It has really stunning graphics (night, water, environment and etc), open world without loading screens, B2P barrier. I tried only till lvl 32 but its really very very beautiful. Gameplay looks very deep.

After BDO i tried to play a bit GW2 and WoW and both of them looked really like MMORPGS of the past in compare with BDO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post

It has really stunning graphics (night, water, environment and etc), open world without loading screens, B2P barrier. I tried only till lvl 32 but its really very very beautiful. Gameplay looks very deep.

After BDO i tried to play a bit GW2 and WoW and both of them looked really like MMORPGS of the past in compare with BDO.
    Because BDO is basically a "Work" game and it has P2W aspects ontop of it. It drives people away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Because BDO is basically a "Work" game and it has P2W aspects ontop of it. It drives people away
    Well, Classic wow was a "work" game too but still it was very popular.

With P2W i didnt faced yet. Only thing i heard is a cash pets that loot your enemies.

It has really stunning graphics (night, water, environment and etc), open world without loading screens,
    The graphics are great, they really had me excited for the game before it launched. The pop in is pretty terrible though.

B2P barrier.
    With super scumbaggy p2w aspects.

Gameplay looks very deep.
    The combat is about as shallow as it gets, as there is no difference between low level combat and high level combat. You end up just grinding away packs of mobs as if you were playing dynasty warriors which has always been a niche way to do combat. There is no challenging pve content to be found in the entire game, it leaves the entire experience flat.

You add on top of all that that the skills are very poorly balanced and you really only ever spam 2-3 of them on a given class and you've got yourself a super shallow pve experience.

p2w on a b2p game, pop in, shallow gameplay, its not really surprising the game didn't catch on. Which I'm personally very salty about, because I had super high hopes for this game and I've had the same idea for the sorceress class in my head forever and was super excited to see it actually exist in a game.

It's because it's P2W and gameplay is very shallow. The actual act of attacking is fun but every single mob is brain dead you just kite in a circle and world bosses are loot sticks. The only thing this game has is PvP which favors people who grind out their lives.

It's a grind PvP game that's extremely niche and P2W. Graphics aside it doesn't hold peoples attention for long
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted

With P2W i didnt faced yet. Only thing i heard is a cash pets that loot your enemies.
    And that's why classic wow wouldnt work in this day and age. The core aspects of BDO are fucking boring

Deleted
    The graphics are great, they really had me excited for the game before it launched. The pop in is pretty terrible though.
    Yeah popin bothered me too. I just tried High End mode and it tanked my FPS from 120 to 60 (geforce 1080), but popin is now MUCH smaller.

Because, while you don't need to spend money to be competitive, it will take you 10 years to grind what others who pay grind in 1.

It's not technically pay to win, but it sure is pay to win.

You need to buy pets/inventory slots/inventory weight if you ever hope to get good.

Furthermore it's basically a Single Player MMO for 99% of it. You cannot trade with players and party grinding is detrimental. The only player interaction is the chat, world pvp to fight over spots or guild wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, you could be a raider in WoW Vanilla and play under 12 hours a week. For BDO you have to nolife it.

- - - Updated - - -

With super scumbaggy p2w aspects.

The combat is about as shallow as it gets, as there is no difference between low level combat and high level combat. You end up just grinding away packs of mobs as if you were playing dynasty warriors which has always been a niche way to do combat. There is no challenging pve content to be found in the entire game, it leaves the entire experience flat.

You add on top of all that that the skills are very poorly balanced and you really only ever spam 2-3 of them on a given class and you've got yourself a super shallow pve experience.

p2w on a b2p game, pop in, shallow gameplay, its not really surprising the game didn't catch on. Which I'm personally very salty about, because I had super high hopes for this game and I've had the same idea for the sorceress class in my head forever and was super excited to see it actually exist in a game.
    There is challenging PvE combat but it's locked behind thousands of hours of grinding to get 220 AP or whatever. The loot from those places is also not THAT good to warrant the challenge.

They also lied to us, they said we wouldn't have Value Packs or Valk tears because the game was buy to play ( In other places it's free ) so they alienated their playerbase massively.

Deleted
    Well, i got this game for free because of this gifting: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...ifting-option/

So anyway im losing nothing if this game really that bad. But yet im enjoying.

If you want to get free game you can lvl to 30 with trial acc and then lurk reddit if someone wants to gift you a game.

So anyway im losing nothing if this game really that bad. But yet im enjoying.
    If you're enjoying it more power to you, there are definitely some redeeming qualities to the game and if those qualities are enough to keep you interested then by all means live it up.

We're just saying why it isn't that surprising that the game didn't do well.

Deleted
    Im 53 lvl only, but im having sooo much fun. Character customization + dye customization is the best i have ever seen in all MMORPGs.
    Made sooo beautiful character.

How do you guys can't enjoy it like me!?!

@Vasek The character creation tool is so good in that game, I loved the character I made. Looked so gud.

Im 53 lvl only, but im having sooo much fun. Character customization + dye customization is the best i have ever seen in all MMORPGs.
    Made sooo beautiful character.

How do you guys can't enjoy it like me!?!
    As someone that achieved a 515 Gearscore in BDO, I can tell you’re on the honeymoon phase. Just wait until you actually get to experience the enhancing system in all its glory and get to the “true” endgame content of BDO.

Hey there BDO player, it’s me the amazing enhancing system, let’s try and upgrade your accessories. HAHA JK LET ME WASTE 100s OF HOURS BY DESTROYING IT FOR YOU.
    Last edited by Jinxz; 2017-10-07 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    As someone that achieved a 515 Gearscore in BDO, I can tell you’re on the honeymoon phase. Just wait until you actually get to experience the enhancing system in all its glory and get to the “true” endgame content of BDO.

Hey there BDO player, it’s me the amazing enhancing system, let’s try and upgrade your accessories. HAHA JK LET ME WASTE 100s OF HOURS BY DESTROYING IT FOR YOU.
    I want to be in Honeymoon whase forever!