Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    clearly you don't because you made this thread on mmo-c, result being images you hate lol.

if i make a thread going, IM AFRAID OF TREES, guess what images are going to be posted.
    This isnt 4chan where if i made this thread back in 2007 i wouldve expected a ton of lotus girl, Lotus tit which makes my skin crawl just thinking about.

Yeah the pictures with humans in the link are gross I guess. But not really sure how the rest of them freak anyone out. Are you scared of your shower drain?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Ridiculous and overreacting.
    Endus? Ridiculous and overreacting? Bite your tongue, good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Do you suffer from Trypophobia?

Trypophobia - The irrational fear of holes, pods, circles, or cracks.

I have Trypophobia its something that has gotten worse thanks to the internet.

I threw up and had massive anxiety when somebody posted lotus tit on 4 chan years and years ago and its something i cannot stand even to this day.

Iam not sure why a cluster of holes repulses me so much and makes me wanna vomit and come out in hives.

I bring this up cause CNN brought up this article and it sent me into a panic http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/health...ers/index.html

***warning it contains stuff Trypophobiacs will hate

I honestly threw up seeing the article cause of the pics it chose to represent so are you like me?

***PLEASE MODS DONT LET PEOPLE POST IMAGES***
    I thought it would have been funny if you asked the question in the title, and the content of your post was just entirely embedded images of trypophobia-inducing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    I thought it would have been funny if you asked the question in the title, and the content of your post was just entirely embedded images of trypophobia-inducing stuff.
    Well i stopped posting on 4 chan years ago but seriously its a real phobia i suffer from.

Not sure why it triggers a response from me but its like a feeling of disgust, nausea and makes me come out in hives.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 04:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do now.

Actually, the first few pics in that slideshow are the things that set me off. The rest of it didn't bother me. The first time I ever got physically ill was when I was a kid, watching a random animal show on the Discovery Channel. It showed this frog that had holes in its back, and the babies stayed in these holes. I actually puked watching it, and it still sends my skin crawling when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I think its sets off a reaction that instantly thinks of disease and my brain says 'KEEP AWAY'!

We humans look for patterns in everything and seeing a cluster of holes our brains think OH FUCK KEEP THAT SHIT AWAY FROM ME!!

Thats prolly why i get such a extreme reaction to it.

I mean I don't mind any of the pictures in the article, but I know the lotus pod photoshops make me uncomfortable if done well. I don't think I really have Tryphobia, I think that picture just makes most feel that way.

I think you could actually say that I have trypophillya, there is something about clusters of holes that I find beautyful. The exception to this is those images of holes in people, then I feel disgust as well, but I suppose there is some rational reason behind that disgust.

Like i said humans find patterns in everything we see and when we see a cluster of holes we look at it and think something aint right just like the uncanny valley.

We are programmed to avoid disease and to find attraction to healthy people its coded into our dna.

Do you suffer from Trypophobia?

Trypophobia - The irrational fear of holes, pods, circles, or cracks.

I have Trypophobia its something that has gotten worse thanks to the internet.

I threw up and had massive anxiety when somebody posted lotus tit on 4 chan years and years ago and its something i cannot stand even to this day.

Iam not sure why a cluster of holes repulses me so much and makes me wanna vomit and come out in hives.

I bring this up cause CNN brought up this article and it sent me into a panic http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/health...ers/index.html

***warning it contains stuff Trypophobiacs will hate

I honestly threw up seeing the article cause of the pics it chose to represent so are you like me?

***PLEASE MODS DONT LET PEOPLE POST IMAGES***
    Not trolling here, pure curiosity only:
    Do you suffer this phobia with sex? I mean, vaginas, anus, mouths,... are all technically "holes", or it's something that only triggers with more non-organic things?
    Are there any kind of holes, circles, cracks, etc that you actually tolerate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Not trolling here, pure curiosity only:
    Do you suffer this phobia with sex? I mean, vaginas, anus, mouths,... are all technically "holes", or it's something that only triggers with more non-organic things?
    Are there any kind of holes, circles, cracks, etc that you actually tolerate?
    Its a cluster of holes that dont sit right with me. Its hard to explain without posting images and making me physically sick though iam sure you can google it and see for yourself if you want too!

Its not holes iam afraid cause that would be silly its a cluster of holes that iam afraid of. Like i said i think its my sub conscious telling me dont go there that shit is diseased.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 04:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Ridiculous and overreacting.

Was not intending to trigger people with Trypophobia especially when they shouldn't be in this thread.

I posted a picture of how the Plant that triggers trypophobia is a very popular chinese dish and doesnt even look as similar when its plated
    What ever do you mean, they shouldn't be in this thread?

What the fuck would be the point of this thread, if only those who can say "no, I don't have trypophobia" are allowed to participate, in a thread that asks if you have it or not?

Endus is exactly right.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-09-14 at 04:47 AM.

Well i stopped posting on 4 chan years ago but seriously its a real phobia i suffer from.

Not sure why it triggers a response from me but its like a feeling of disgust, nausea and makes me come out in hives.
    I mean it's not exactly irrational, I'm sure if there was a dude next to you with some skin disease that looks like that you'd naturally want to stay away and not look at that shit.

I mean it's not exactly irrational, I'm sure if there was a dude next to you with some skin disease that looks like that you'd naturally want to stay away and not look at that shit.
    Thing is when i see that i dont come out in hives and be physically sick!

Like i said iam not sure why i feel and do the things i do when i see these images thats why i wanted to know if there was anyone else like me and when i saw that article on the BBC i thought clearly i aint so here iam.

10+ Year Old Account
    People with a fear of holes, you need help.

http://www.anxietycare.org.uk/docs/self.asp
    https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...onal-fears.htm

It's almost worse than people who mod spiders out of games because of their chronic fear of them.

Being worried you will catch something is rational, being physically or mentally unable to even think about being near something is the very definition of an irrational fear.
    Speciation Is Gradual

no. it's just profound disgust by what i see in these types of things.

if it were just open swiss cheese holes through hands you can plainly see through, no pus and blood and shit like that, i'd be fine.

Most people who claim it as a phobia don't actually have a phobia. Sure, it freaks them out a bit, but a phobia would cause a much more severe reaction. An example, i am phobic of yellowjackets and refuse to eat food outside which makes me miss out on BBQs with the family, and i have fainted before at the sight of one. That's phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Most people who claim it as a phobia don't actually have a phobia. Sure, it freaks them out a bit, but a phobia would cause a much more severe reaction. An example, i am phobic of yellowjackets and refuse to eat food outside which makes me miss out on BBQs with the family, and i have fainted before at the sight of one. That's phobia.
    In high school there was this one guy who said he had a phobia of snakes, ophidiophobia so naturally someone brought a snake to school to surprise him with. He literally ran over people trying to get out of the room, he was out of his mind with fear.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I have a phobia of irrational phobias, so naturally I'm quite triggered right now and am puking/crying as I type this.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."