Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the virtual ticket has been 40$ for like 8 years now. Try harder in finding something to get outraged about.
    He's just new to the party i would guess. Especially considering his "40$ for a mount" argument.

Personally, i would be outraged for whole sims 4 scam, the whole game costs, like, 300$ and no one gives a damn
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Of course, the people sitting on huge stockpiles of gold are buying up all the tokens, not only for Destiny 2, but the Virtual Ticket.
    Tbh I think the Destiny 2 rush mostly happened when Pre orders started. Seems to have subsided although it will probably go up a bit on launch day next month.

This mount is an even mount,even when you have money you also can't get it after blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Geeze, I envy you guys paying 4 or 6 euros of 5 bucks US to see a movie. Here in Australia a ticket costs like $20 AUD. In American terms that's about $16 for a ticket
    You need to go to better movie theaters. There are definitely places with tickets for $10, which is 6.74 euros and $8.01 US.

But sure, we totally can't go to the movies cheap

Blizzard is actually being pretty stupid here. They could have slapped those mounts up in the shop for 30 bucks a piece and people would have bought them. Just put some other junk as the prize for virtual ticket and you probably make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Want an unique mount? 40$

BLIZZLIKE
    It's a stupid mount you don't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.

It is 29 Euro in Germany.

If you are complaining about the cost you should check what is going on in your real life and maybe get a better job?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its 40$ for the virtual ticket, the mount is just an added part...
    Lets be realistic here; they needed to add something like the mount after the number of subscribers they drove away from the game in the RNG grindfest known as Legion. It is a good move by Blizzard but they better have a pretty impressive Blizzcon in order to bring 5-10 million back again to buy another exp pack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Lets be realistic here; they needed to add something like the mount after the number of subscribers they drove away from the game in the RNG grindfest known as Legion. It is a good move by Blizzard but they better have a pretty impressive Blizzcon in order to bring 5-10 million back again to buy another exp pack.
    lol what? you think a mount for 40$ is to bring players back, and you think legion is doing worse then Wod?
    you are really naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

And I would just like to point out here that much of the major announcements will be at the Opening ceremony.

Which is , has been and probably always will be a FREE stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You need to go to better movie theaters. There are definitely places with tickets for $10, which is 6.74 euros and $8.01 US.

But sure, we totally can't go to the movies cheap
    Not where I live if you're paying adult ticket prices

If you see a movie at Village cinemas and get a popcorn, drink and an icecream you're looking at 40 bucks.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

40 bucks to watch their adds, sounds resonable!

If you are going to pay 40$ for a mount you'll use 2 days and then realize you're just proving to people you have done a dumb purchase when you use it and see so many people have it... you're as dumb as I was when I bought the Celestial Steed.

Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pretty much. My only issues with the virtual ticket are the broadcast quality(every year so far video quality/lag has been pretty bad at times) and Blizzard making specific panels(the most interesting ones) unavailable for virtual ticket. It's basically the price of 2 cinema tickets for 2 evenings of content, seems pretty fair to me.
    Aside from stream lag and quality the panels being covered was fairly good in the early years with many just being available later. Last few years it seems far more panels are just out right not being recorded. I would understand if Blizzard was trying to get people to go to the convention as an exclusivity perk but this is not the case as many people who can and would go cant get tickets due to how popular it is. I am no longer so interested in the main events as they are highly publicized. I want to see the stuff that rarely gets covered or some journalist covers a week later.

At this point the stream does not have much value to me. The cosmetics feel like the main selling point and I do not care to drop money on cosmetics.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    lol I haven't seen the mount yet, but can pretty much guarantee I'll feel no need to buy it. If they did make it special, good on them; they should make stuff special if they want their event to be special. As for the price of such things, I am amazed at the price of so many things, I am beyond being shocked. Have you seen the price of concert tickets lately? Movie tickets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Has it even been a month since the last store mount? Nice to see that my $15 plus expansion payments makes not one, but three high quality mounts this month, unavailable in-game.

Limited time "store mount" smh. Worst of both worlds.

But as greedy as Blizzard has always been, I can't blame them too much. Why settle for $65 for all the content when you can make them pay so much more? If it works, it works.

But it's the game we play, so I can't be too salty about it.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I just looked, and I'm pretty confident I can get by without them.
    It's all just entertainment, pixels on a screen. Make your choices like you do for any other pixels, whether it's pay-per-view or game subscriptions: If you can afford it and feel you'd enjoy it, treat yourself! If you can't afford it or don't think it would add much to your day, let it go. If this is your biggest dilemma in life, kudos. Things must be going well for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I was held at gunpoint to buy the ticket.

Least I got some mounts out of that traumatising experience...
    Do you get both mounts? or do you have to choose?

$40!!!
    I think you mean ~400k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Has it even been a month since the last store mount? Nice to see that my $15 plus expansion payments makes not one, but three high quality mounts this month, unavailable in-game.

Limited time "store mount" smh. Worst of both worlds.

But as greedy as Blizzard has always been, I can't blame them too much. Why settle for $65 for all the content when you can make them pay so much more? If it works, it works.

But it's the game we play, so I can't be too salty about it.
    Last store mount was nearly 3 months ago and is the only one added in Legion.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Luminous_Starseeker

And who is making anyone pay anything? Blizzard don't have a gun to your head here.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-14 at 05:36 AM.