Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Play the game,
    Make Golds
    Pay mount with Gold

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Well, I mean, you can't expect much from people who say things like that. In their minds, as long as a company's action is consistent, it can't be wrong.
    As long as we live in a free market economy, Blizz will be free to price their products in whatever way they feel is best for business; the market will either support those prices or not. If we ever move to a completely state run economy, I suppose the government could start telling game designers how much their pixels are worth and how much they can sell them for.

There's lots of entertainment options available to us each day that I choose not to pay for. Many of them cost more than $40. Overall, WoW is still one of the cheapest hobbies I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Dude, have you seen the shop?
    Literally nothing but unique models/skins.
    Which ones? I never saw anything so original/unique as this model.

Okay, maybe the bat and reaver are also unique.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-09-14 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    As long as we live in a free market economy, Blizz will be free to price their products in whatever way they feel is best for business; the market will either support those prices or not.
    Of course. If you can bleed something dry, why not go for it? That doesn't mean it's consumer-friendly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    "It is like this cause it always has been" is a pretty poor defense.
    That's right, because it's actually "it's now more than before, for the same price". Earlier BlizzCon Tickets/Virtual Tickets 'only' gave you a pet in WoW (as well as all the other stuff, but that obviously doesn't matter here)

Even if it's been like this for years it's still overpriced as fuck. But then again, a business has to make money.

Deleted
    It's only 40 bucks for both the ticket and a cool looking mount. Better deal than with the Murlock pets in the past.

Either you want the mount and pay or you dont. Crying about it is not a valid option.

Free? Sure, if you forget the $15/$20 a month.
    You get access to game servers for that money. Certainly, prepaid services aren't a new concept for people, right?

I also find it funny that people consider 40$ a somehow serious sum of money. 40$ equals what, 3 beers in a pub? We're not in 1900s anymore, guys.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's only 40 bucks for both the ticket and a cool looking mount. Better deal than with the Murlock pets in the past.

Either you want the mount and pay or you dont. Crying about it is not a valid option.
    Mounts and ticket should be sold separately but bundled with a discount if bought together. Would be bad for business I guess but hey, more fair! Maybe I only want the ticket, then I shouldn't be forced to pay for mounts as well.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Mounts and ticket should be sold separately but bundled with a discount if bought together. Would be bad for business I guess but hey, more fair! Maybe I only want the ticket, then I shouldn't be forced to pay for mounts as well.
    Its not about whats fair. Blizzard did the calculations and this was the most profitable combination, or they wouldve gone a different route.

It will sell and it will sell a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You get access to game servers for that money.
    If that's all we were entitled to, Blizzard would've been dead a long time ago. By that logic, we're lucky they give us patches for free.

I also find it funny that people consider 40$ a somehow serious sum of money. 40$ equals what, 3 beers in a pub? We're not in 1900s anymore, guys.
    Yeah, 2 mounts is totally the equivalent of an entire expansion! Here, let me sell you a common rock for $39. After all, $39 isn't a lot!

Blizzcon is my favorite stream of the year. I like the mount, but that's not the reason why I bought the ticket. I would have bought it regardless of ingame items.
    Mother pus bucket!

Of course. If you can bleed something dry, why not go for it? That doesn't mean it's consumer-friendly, though.
    Looks like the average American spends $2827/year on entertainment. That's more than enough to cover $40 for a virtual convention, if that's what they're in to. Who gets to tell someone else how to spend their entertainment $$$? We may or may not feel it's good value, but each of us gets to decide for ourselves.

Source: https://www.creditloan.com/blog/aver...entertainment/

Yeah, 2 mounts is totally the equivalent of an entire expansion! Here, let me sell you a common rock for $39. After all, $39 isn't a lot!
    Free market. If people are willing to buy common rocks for $39, you're very welcome to sell them for $39.

And yes, $39 is not any serious sum of money by any means in 2017. You know, the age when fucking cellphone costs $999. You can literally wipe your ass with $40, and you won't even notice this "huge" sum of money missing.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Looks like the average American spends $2827/year on entertainment. That's more than enough to cover $40 for a virtual convention, if that's what they're in to. Who gets to tell someone else how to spend their entertainment $$$? We may or may not feel it's good value, but each of us gets to decide for ourselves.

https://content.creditloan.com/wp-co...-americans.png
    Source: https://www.creditloan.com/blog/aver...entertainment/
    You're right, but why stop at $40?! They should charge $1000 per ticket. As long as someone out there find it worth it, then none of us can call it overpriced.

On a serious note, if people want to buy it, more power to them. I'm not saying that they can't. I am saying that Blizzard has the habit of overpricing anything they can, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    If $40 is an entire months wage (lol, like fuck it is), then why would you spend more than 25% of that same monthly wage to play WoW?

OP is ever so slightly hyperbolic about a price that hasn't changed since Obama's first term.

Really find something else to nerd rage over ffs /facepalm

They offer a package for a price. It is your right as a customer to choose to buy or not to buy. Where was your problem again?

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    If you feel the need to buy something you don't need to live you should seek professional help.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can literally wipe your ass with $40, and you won't even notice this "huge" sum of money missing.
    You keep saying this, but I can't recall ever saying that $40 was a huge sum... Hmm... Point that out for me, please.

It's not breaking anyone's bank, but not everyone is going to throw away their money willy nilly.

You're right, but why stop at $40?! They should charge $1000 per ticket. As long as someone out there find it worth it, then none of us can call it overpriced.

On a serious note, if people want to buy it, more power to them. I'm not saying that they can't. I am saying that Blizzard has the habit of overpricing anything they can, however.
    Quick scan online tells me AnimeCons run $35-50, while Comic Con is $220.

- - - Updated - - -

Pay per View runs $45 on average.