10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    30FPS or 60FPS I think its still worth being a bit excited about. Both games on a handheld are cool as hell. But we have seen less demanding games on The Switch that couldn't even hold 30FPS.

Skyrim on The Switch is also running at 30FPS, So it doesn't surprise me at all if Doom/WSII is also running at 30FPS.
    TBH, locked 30 is better than uncapped even if it could hit 60 half the time. I did not see Bethesda going all in on this though. Good on them. Now we just need Diablo 3 and Hearthstone announced and ill be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/13/...ntendo-switch/

DOOM for Switch will have the full game in a physical cart, with multiplayer as an optional free download.

- - - Updated - - -

https://kotaku.com/suda-51-thinks-ni...-af-1803819394

Suda51 calls the Switch a "punk console."

- - - Updated - - -

Picture comparison. Definite downgrade. It will all come down to frames per second.

Still looks fantastic for how powerful the Switch is. Dooms engine must be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    TBH, locked 30 is better than uncapped even if it could hit 60 half the time. I did not see Bethesda going all in on this though. Good on them. Now we just need Diablo 3 and Hearthstone announced and ill be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Still looks fantastic for how powerful the Switch is. Dooms engine must be awesome.
    bethesda feels like ubisoft did last time, except the switch isnt a failure.

this is really the first time a handheld has been able to handle games of this size and while nintendo is playing up the home console aspect in america it really seems like 3rd parties who ARE supporting the system are doing so because the portability factor. everytime they talk about the switch its about how they can take it anywhere

outside of oblivion for the psp has bethesda ever even tried to make a handheld game before the switch? i cant recall any.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Octopath's best feature is that you can be a THOT
    Of she breathes she a THOT
    What is wrong with you
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    What is wrong with you
    memes n stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    memes n stuff
    I knew it would summon you.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it would summon you.
    You can be my wingman anytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    bethesda feels like ubisoft did last time, except the switch isnt a failure.

this is really the first time a handheld has been able to handle games of this size and while nintendo is playing up the home console aspect in america it really seems like 3rd parties who ARE supporting the system are doing so because the portability factor. everytime they talk about the switch its about how they can take it anywhere

outside of oblivion for the psp has bethesda ever even tried to make a handheld game before the switch? i cant recall any.
    I have no idea why they thought Oblivion PsP could happen. It would have to look horrible. Or be a completely different game.

I'm assuming no one in this thread has regretted getting a Switch ?
    I did and that's why I sold mine off, A year from now ill get one and it will be more worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I don't disagree at all, I much prefer it be 30 locked and not uncapped.

Maybe they can get 60FPS out of it and prove me wrong. I just highly doubt it tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Octopath demo is pretty good. Art style still looks like ass on the tv but is tolerable on the switch screen. It's gameplay as a SaGa love letter is pretty damn good and the game letting you explore a small section of the map even after finishing the demo stories is a nice surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Xenoblade 2 looks like trash visually. Probably because its a big open world, but it looks like an early ps3 game.
    It's definitely not a big open world from the gameplay footage we seen. XCX was a massive open world(like 5x bigger then Witcher 3 FFS) and XC2 looks like a damn corridor sim in comparison. If it was a large open world RPG monolith wouldn't have been able to churn it out in what seems like only 2-2.5 years of full production.

I wouldn't go as far to say it looks like trash, but artistically the game looks like some random fan trying to draw up new tales characters. They're trying to mimic Tales art style in everything from the character models to the UI style and it looks like a bad ripoff. I'm calling it Tales of Xenobladia for a reason.

Really feels like some B team rushing a game out the door. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look up to the quality standard that monolith set with XC and XCX. Looks like more of a return to xenosaga 2 and 3 monolith if anything, aka disappointing churned out conveyor belt game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-14 at 07:44 AM.

Of she breathes she a THOT
    I hope there is a male THOT

:P

- - - Updated - - -

I'm calling it Tales of Xenobladia for a reason.
    can not un see

also there's like 7 titans, you know each one will have it's own loading screen.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I was surprisingly impressed with the direct. Odyssey looks like GotY material, Octopath Traveler looks dope I'm definitely gonna download the demo, and DOOM and more importantly Wolfenstein 2 on Switch are huge. Although I see no reason why you'd buy them on Switch over PS4 when PS4 has achievements and better graphics. DOOM and Wolfenstein 2 don't really feel like the kind of games I'd want to play on the go. Too atmospheric to enjoy whilst traveling imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Best reveal was the top 100 mario party game tbh, wish they did something like that for the Switch though

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how much extra download will Wolfestein need? With Doom they managed to fit the game to the kart.

https://www.destructoid.com/doom-on-...d-460986.phtml

DOOM's level editor SnapMap won't be in the Switch version.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.destructoid.com/doom-on-...d-460986.phtml

DOOM's level editor SnapMap won't be in the Switch version.
    We know that was said a few posts above, Also MP will be a download. So to get the full game you will need a SD card, But if all you want is the SP mode it fits on the card.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

so i spent all afternoon with the Octopath Traveller demo and to be blunt this feels like it could be the next big jrpg series. Like the first big brand name since the PS2 days. Whereas lots of mobage use and abuse the sprite art style just for ease of use this actually feels like a SNES rpg like FF6, Breath of Fire III or any number of Mana games with some Bravely Default and Grandia thrown in. Primroses path in particular feels like the 'its sprites only because of the hardware but heres some mature level shit going on' stuff you encountered in FF6 in particular and if a game is reminding me of Final Fantasy VI then thats a very good sign.

My only criticism is the bloom really needs toning down but aside from that this is the first JRPG i've been super excited for since Bravely Default and my initial impressions here are better than they were with BD.

Maybe its just the 'choose one of 8 character paths' idea thats not been done in jrpgs in like two console generations piqueing my interest but if you like older jrpgs and have a switch you really should pick this demo up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    We know that was said a few posts above, Also MP will be a download. So to get the full game you will need a SD card, But if all you want is the SP mode it fits on the card.
    Removing tacked on multiplayer from the game-card could almost be considered a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Removing tacked on multiplayer from the game-card could almost be considered a feature.
    right? So many games with multiplayer that would be nice if it wasn't there....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

We. Need. Achievements.

It's going to hurt 3rd party games on the Switch ultimately. As mentioned and is a fair point, achievements will appeal and guess who doesn't have them on their versions?

This is just a silly decision on Nintendo's part not to do them. >:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    We. Need. Achievements.

It's going to hurt 3rd party games on the Switch ultimately. As mentioned and is a fair point, achievements will appeal and guess who doesn't have them on their versions?

This is just a silly decision on Nintendo's part not to do them. >:
    Man the 360 really ruined peoples perception of videogames.