Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What could be the next logical step after Garrisons and the Class Order Halls?

I'm really curious here. I don't care so much where we go and what races or classes we get. What do you think could be improved on in terms of your personal hub?

could those mini-Legion features be a test for the next expansion?
    • Mage Tower, Command Center and Nether Disruptor on Broken Shore - players working together in order to build structures
    • the Vindicar - a spaceship which teleports you quickly to the location you want to go - a test for your personal ship? A mobile home? Quicktravel as a standard?
    • Suramar - a huge city - a test for a new neutral city which could be invaded?

what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    a boat to sail the south seas

Everyone becomes High King/Warchief of their respective faction.

Our own space ship. We already saw the first blue print on argus with the vindicar.

Apparently the next logical step was a spaceship called the Vindicaar.

Swtor made the player ruler of the most powerful faction in the galaxy. I guess, make you leader of some unified vanguard of all class orders?

Anything, as long as it doesn't have a mission table.

Your last point made me imagine suramar as a pvp zone like wintergrasp with people fighting in the streets, a band of demon hunters ganking a group of rogues in an alleyway from a rooftop, collecting resources from kills to unlock city buffs like a combat follower or zip lines, and random spawn world bosses that drop bg pvp gear and marks of honor.

It sounds incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot a step.

Just think back, become nostalgic and think of the Garrison, the Order hall... Just think... This was all created by a patch of land, research and testing from the Pandaria farm was how they came to the Class Hall. So, with the Vindicaar being a new addition, I could believe in a ship but I'd rather believe in player house, though the fanbase makes me not want it. People tend to get enraged when they have to do more than needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Anything, as long as it doesn't have a mission table.
    I actually like the mission tables. The Legion one feels better than the WoD one though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    faction halls.

Mission tables in Grommash Hold and Stormwind Keep for Horde and Alliance respectively After class goes the faction, or they'll tone down it a bit and we'll become new racial leaders instead

Hopefully, neither will happen >_>

I'm envisioning a combination of the Neighborhoods in Wildstar and the Quest-Building in Neverwinter.
    Players could collaborate together on build projects like they do in Minecraft.

Being able to make their own areas (placing whatever buildings, foliage, objects), and quests to go in them. For example, Running of the Gnomes event, if given the entire year to prepare with a custom collaborative player-made area with custom collaborative player-made quests... what would these community-driven events look and play like, I wonder? Would players make Builders Guilds that would focus on making experiences for other players? Who would make the best quests? The best environments? If they combined forces, what would it look like I wonder... what kind of places would you make? A personal retreat? A hall to do guild business? A tavern to socialize? A theater to put on a show? Somewhere to craft in peace? A custom arena map? A race track? Possibilities would be endless, wouldn't they..

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to be ships which means underwater expansion which means fuck everything.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm really curious here. I don't care so much where we go and what races or classes we get. What do you think could be improved on in terms of your personal hub?

could those mini-Legion features be a test for the next expansion?
    • Mage Tower, Command Center and Nether Disruptor on Broken Shore - players working together in order to build structures
    • the Vindicar - a spaceship which teleports you quickly to the location you want to go - a test for your personal ship? A mobile home? Quicktravel as a standard?
    • Suramar - a huge city - a test for a new neutral city which could be invaded?

what do you think?
    A space ship to go from planet to planet and fight the Ethereals and the Void. But after Return of the Lich King.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Probably going to be ships which means underwater expansion which means fuck everything.
    Ships -> underwater expansion... love the logic.

I'd say it will be more of a island-expansion.
    They did try the whole underwater theme once before and the general consensus was that people didn't like it enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Ships -> underwater expansion... love the logic.

I'd say it will be more of a island-expansion.
    They did try the whole underwater theme once before and the general consensus was that people didn't like it enough...
    The logic is Azshara, the sunken city..... We're going underwater at some point. And I feel like it's not going to get much better than it was in Cata.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

A ship of some sort. Submarine, sailboat or space ship depending on the setting of the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resting the whole thing for an expansion or two would be one option. One they should take.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda sorta don't need to be the leader of a group anymore. I understand it makes sense for our characters to progress beyond simple adventures and/or heroes for hire, but I don't find the Garrisons or Order Halls offering a lot of depth for our characters or gameplay. They feel like just another thing to "check off" and the customization of the few benefits we do get from them is minimal. I'd like them more if they were more involved and gave me choices that mattered and influenced my character. I don't particularly feel like I'm running the Priest Order Hall, but rather doing menial administrative work (which I do enough of during my day job). These concepts have potential, but right now they're rather bland, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The logic is Azshara, the sunken city..... We're going underwater at some point. And I feel like it's not going to get much better than it was in Cata.
    It wasn't that bad in Cata, from what I remember and the handful of underwater quests in Suramar aren't horrible either. Blizzard has learned a lot.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2017-09-14 at 08:05 AM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest