View Poll Results: Will you buy the pet?

Voters
239. This poll is closed
  • Yes

117 48.95%
  • No

110 46.03%
  • Other (explained in the thread)

12 5.02%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    100% of sales goes to the charities for the first few months the pet is out. The irony of you posting wrong information after telling someone not to reply if they don't read up first is great.
    The 20% to victims part could still be pretty accurate. Gotta fund the bureaucracy with something.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You call this P2W? One friend of mine started to play WoW some weeks ago and used the free boost coming with Legion purchase on a character. This character was not even able to enter a normal Legion dungeon via LFD because his item level was too low. And he still needs to level the character to 110 just like the rest of us. This is surely not pay to win. Show me where I can buy a full set of latest mythic raid gear from Blizzard's shop when the raid is just released, then we will talk about P2W.
    I'm not talking about the free boost, obv everyone got that and something that is free can never be PTW, hence the "P".

But say, two new players start at the same time. They're going to level to cap (perhaps race there) and then, one of them with more money than the other, buys the PTW boost and is suddenly ONE HUNDRED levels ahead of the other. You see it? lmao

PTW ≠ only BiS eq.

- - - Updated - - -

Right but the person that doesn't use a boost also has advantages. Transmog, gold, achievements etc. Pay to Win implies winning and not just paying for an advantage. If your definition of Pay to Win is gaining an advantage then WoW already is pay to win and your argument is moot. Battle pets, CE upgrades, Subscription over limited free to play version all qualify as pay to win.

And the real kicker anyone who has bought WoD or Legion got a boost.

- - - Updated - - -

100% of sales goes to the charities for the first few months the pet is out. The irony of you posting wrong information after telling someone not to reply if they don't read up first is great.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard will donate to the American Red Cross and IFRC 100% of sales for every charity pet sold between September 12, 2017 and December 31st, 2017. Proceeds will be split equally between both organizations. This purchase is not tax deductible.
    Correct, WOW is already PTW, gz for understanding it now.

And no, the free boost doesnt apply, since it was free and everyone got it (technically not free, but you understand what I mean. Hopefully).

Yeah funny that you post this, I'm sure you believe everything that's posted in MSM too right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I already donate blood due to my "rare" type. I already buy and donate food to food banks. I already buy and donate food and toys to pet shelters. I will not buy this. It offends me that people refuse to look after others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I'm not talking about the free boost, obv everyone got that and something that is free can never be PTW, hence the "P".
    You pay for it as part of buying the expansion. It is not given to you with out a cost.

But say, two new players start at the same time. They're going to level to cap (perhaps race there) and then, one of them with more money than the other, buys the PTW boost and is suddenly ONE HUNDRED levels ahead of the other. You see it? lmao
    An arbitrary contest set up by the individuals and not the game. They said can be true for one person that uses RAF and two accounts to gain leveling advantages. But your example is flawed because both new players have a boost provided to them for buying Legion.

Correct, WOW is already PTW, gz for understanding it now. And no, the free boost doesnt apply, since it was free and everyone got it (technically not free, but you understand what I mean. Hopefully).
    So if WoW is already pay to win why are you complaining that pets make it pay to win? It can't become something it already is. Your argument was that WoW is text book pay to win because they sell level boosts. Why wouldn't you start with WoW is pay to win because of all the other reasons? Because you weren't making that argument until I pointed out how it invalidates your first attempt.

It wasn't free though. You have to pay to get the boost. It is just bundled with the new expansion. That isn't free and when you have to add technically it shows that even you don't think it is free. It just doesn't support any of your arguments (like two new players who both have boosts).

Yeah funny that you post this, I'm sure you believe everything that's posted in MSM too right?
    Main stream media? What does that have to do with Blizzard making a legal statement as part of their sale? All of their charity pets have had that legally binding statement as part of the sale. Why are you so adverse to admitting your wrong you have to deflect to the catch all excuse of main stream media. The fact that they may lie doesn't change that you made a false claim after telling someone not to make false claims.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    well at least 100% is going to the charity.... unlike other charity micro-transactions *cough*Shadow of war*cough*
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You pay for it as part of buying the expansion. It is not given to you with out a cost.

An arbitrary contest set up by the individuals and not the game. They said can be true for one person that uses RAF and two accounts to gain leveling advantages. But your example is flawed because both new players have a boost provided to them for buying Legion.

So if WoW is already pay to win why are you complaining that pets make it pay to win? It can't become something it already is. Your argument was that WoW is text book pay to win because they sell level boosts. Why wouldn't you start with WoW is pay to win because of all the other reasons? Because you weren't making that argument until I pointed out how it invalidates your first attempt.

It wasn't free though. You have to pay to get the boost. It is just bundled with the new expansion. That isn't free and when you have to add technically it shows that even you don't think it is free. It just doesn't support any of your arguments (like two new players who both have boosts).

Main stream media? What does that have to do with Blizzard making a legal statement as part of their sale? All of their charity pets have had that legally binding statement as part of the sale. Why are you so adverse to admitting your wrong you have to deflect to the catch all excuse of main stream media. The fact that they may lie doesn't change that you made a false claim after telling someone not to make false claims.

1. Goes for the included in WOD boost yes. That one is not to be considered PTW, i'm talking about the fact that you can buy as many as you want after that.

2. Not true. The fact is that lvling was and is still a huge part of WOW. Gaining 100 lvls is such an absurd advantage, I don't really see how you can try to deny it.

3. I'm saying it is PTW and has been for quite some time, which is a correct statement. The only thing happening is that it is becoming even worse.

4. You believe in lies, I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Buying a lvl 100 is not PTW. Get out
    You'll realize i'm right when you sober up.

Thats a an understatement, did you miss the fact that they sell lvl boosts? literally 100 lvls can be skipped if you give them the shekels. That's text-book ptw.
    if you buy legion, you get a free level 100 boost that puts you at the same starting line, level wise, as people about to start legion. I fail to see the issue with that when WoW is much more focused about current content/expansion than any other games. Yes, real money can influence character progression here, but it is affecting a dated and insignificant portion of it.

You believe leveling is a huge part of wow so skipping it is a big advantage when it really isn't. Outside of getting carries (which you can do through guild or currencies), gearing up to current content level is much more tedious than going from 1-100, especially on veteran accounts with heirloom available.

If you're arguing that you're "paying to win" for alts to get a level advantage for splits or whatever, then that just feels like a small problem for a very niche of the population.

In the end, i feel like the "win" defined by your "p2w" here, is not really remotely closely to winning at all. Yes, there is advantage gained, but a very insignificant one.
    Last edited by david0925; 2017-09-14 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    if you buy legion, you get a free level 100 boost that puts you at the same starting line, level wise, as people about to start legion. I fail to see the issue with that when WoW is much more focused about current content/expansion than any other games. Yes, real money can influence character progression here, but it is affecting a date and insignificant portion of it.

If you're arguing that you're "paying to win" for alts to get a level advantage for splits or whatever, then that just feels like a small problem for a very niche of the population.
    Again, the included boost isnt what i'm talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Goes for the included in WOD boost yes. That one is not to be considered PTW, i'm talking about the fact that you can buy as many as you want after that.
    So it is only Pay to Win when you buy it stand alone. Okay what if Blizzard sold boosts with other things. It can't be pay to win then for the same reason why you are not calling the expansions with boosts pay to win. There is a flaw in your argument and I hope you can see it. Either it is pay to win or it isn't.

2. Not true. The fact is that lvling was and is still a huge part of WOW. Gaining 100 lvls is such an absurd advantage, I don't really see how you can try to deny it.
    Gaining 100 levels for alts is not a huge advantage. It saves time and is a convenience. But you also lose out on things from boosting that you would normally gain while leveling. It has its pros and cons.

3. I'm saying it is PTW and has been for quite some time, which is a correct statement. The only thing happening is that it is becoming even worse.
    But it isn't becoming even worse because pets have been sold for quite some time. And if it has been pay to win for some time then there is little point complaining about pets being sold. Yet here you are. Complaining that a game is pay to win when by your own admission it is already pay to win. Talk about useless complaining at its finest.

4. You believe in lies, I don't.
    So you believe that 40% of the sales go to Blizzard? You don't believe in their legally binding statement that they are giving 100% of sales to charity? Why don't you sue them then and tell us how that goes. Clearly you believe you have a winning case because both Blizzard and I are lying. It is amusing when people devolve into idiocy just so they don't have to admit they were wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

If an included boost isn't pay to win then an individual boost is not pay to win. They are the exact same boost and both have a monetary cost to obtain.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont do pet collecting

I know you're talking about the additional purchase, but that's exactly my point.

Everyone are on the same starting line with a free boost. All the ones you purchase afterwards are for your alts. The leveling process is boring but actually very fast, especially for veteran accounts with heirloom. You are gaining a marginal advantage through a level boost. And I think you are way overemphasizing the effect of that having on a race that's arbitrarily defined by you. You'd have a much stronger argument if you just said you can buy mythic gear through token and gold because getting current content Mythic gear is much harder than leveling from 1-100.

I mean I don't necessarily trust The Red Cross but the pet is cute and if even a little of my 10 euro goes to charity I am fine with that.

I feel like the donation thing is just icing on the cake.

If you buy this pet it's because you like the pet. Considering the history of Red Cross I'm sure if your really want to donate 10 dollars to hurricane relief there are more reliable channels to do so.

So it is only Pay to Win when you buy it stand alone. Okay what if Blizzard sold boosts with other things. It can't be pay to win then for the same reason why you are not calling the expansions with boosts pay to win. There is a flaw in your argument and I hope you can see it. Either it is pay to win or it isn't.

Gaining 100 levels for alts is not a huge advantage. It saves time and is a convenience. But you also lose out on things from boosting that you would normally gain while leveling. It has its pros and cons.

But it isn't becoming even worse because pets have been sold for quite some time. And if it has been pay to win for some time then there is little point complaining about pets being sold. Yet here you are. Complaining that a game is pay to win when by your own admission it is already pay to win. Talk about useless complaining at its finest.

So you believe that 40% of the sales go to Blizzard? You don't believe in their legally binding statement that they are giving 100% of sales to charity? Why don't you sue them then and tell us how that goes. Clearly you believe you have a winning case because both Blizzard and I are lying. It is amusing when people devolve into idiocy just so they don't have to admit they were wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

If an included boost isn't pay to win then an individual boost is not pay to win. They are the exact same boost and both have a monetary cost to obtain.
    And expansion is a good thing, and while I don't like the idea of the boost at all and wouldnt have wanted it as a part of the expansion nor as a ptw option, it cannot be compared.

Same thing if you get a mount while buying an expansion. That's a nice thing, when you can buy them from store, that's not. Get it yet?

I don't believe anything Blizzard say, legal or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I don' t care if the money goes to Satan. I'm buying that little motherfucker.
    Comments like these make me wish for an "upvote" button :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Same thing if you get a mount while buying an expansion. That's a nice thing, when you can buy them from store, that's not. Get it yet?
    So pay to win is nice when it is bundled with an expansion. Pay to win is not nice when it is not part of a bundle. You keep arguing about pay to win when you've just stated it isn't about that at all. If it is pay to win when sold alone it is pay to win when bundled with an expansion. You just stated you have no problem with pay to win just about the amount of stuff you pay for.

I don't believe anything Blizzard say, legal or not.
    Then don't call others liars or imply they are idiots for believing something you won't. Again if you honestly believe they are lying about 100% sales going to charity then sue them. If they are lying about that take them to court. Don't bring your tinfoil hat crap here if you aren't willing to back up what you are claiming is an open and shut case.

If you pass up the chance to have a little Fennec Fox following you around (and sitting in your lap when you /sit on it) then you are a monster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Speaking of Europe: it's where Acti-Blizz goes to do it's tax evasion. :/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKnv1YzI3k
    Nothing about this company makes you happy, does it. Why are you still here?

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing...tvi/financials

Maybe folks would prefer facts to rumors.

They should do charity mounts. I'm sure alot more people would be interested then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    So, Blizz put out another Charity Pet:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Introducing the latest World of Warcraft companion up for adoption in the in-game Shop and the Blizzard Shop: an artful fox named Shadow! This new companion is bound to use its cunning to shift its way through Shadow and Light directly into your heart and home.

Adopt Shadow And Help Support Disaster Relief Efforts
    Due to recent natural disasters around the world—and the great needs of those affected—we’ve decided not to wait for BlizzCon 2017 to release this year’s new charity pet. The immediacy of the events, including Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, flooding in South Asia, and countless other crises, have shown we need to act now.

For every Shadow fox adopted between now and December 31, 2017, 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee will be donated to both American Red Cross Disaster Relief and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Disaster Relief Fund. Your donation will be split equally between both organizations: for the American Red Cross to help people affected by disasters big and small in the U.S., and the IFRC to help Red Cross Red Crescent Societies respond to disasters through their Disaster Relief Emergency fund.
    Will you buy it, regardless of where the money goes?
    I've bought 2 of them as gifts.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.