Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Great for altoholics like me, I need to do it 11 times. The issue here is I am rather going to abandon the game until the next expansion instead of doing the chore that the Argus questline is for my 10 other characters.
    If you find it a chore to have alts then stop having alts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah it's a pain in the ass.

It's forcing me to focus on one character again because I just can't keep up with alts without burning out.

12 110 characters need to go through that flipping questline.
    Did you ever consider that maybe that's a lot of alts, more than most people, and if you want to make that many alts you're going to have some challenges ahead of you? I don't think you *need* to do the questline on all of them. Maybe the rep for some crafting recipes depending on their professions, but there shouldn't be any reason I can think of that you need to 100% everything 12 times. The teleport points, achievements, pets, mounts, toys, dungeon, and Crucible are all cross-alt.

You need to do the questline to unlock all the WQs to be able to do emissaries, particularly Argussian Reach, but that's par for the course. I have 12 alts, and while I had hoped to have them all up to the point they can farm Argus world bosses for gear by now, I'm not really annoyed that I have 9 more lots of the first two weeks' questlines to go and 11 of the third week's. Can blow through the actual questlines relatively quick, they aren't Suramar level.

Besides, honestly, the longer it takes, the higher the AP yields from all these story quests will be. I see one rewards 336 million AP this week, which will be closer to 5 billion by December. That kind of stuff will make getting 75 traits a lot easier. Though 11 of my characters are waiting to turn in their final Balance of Power quest, and that token is already worth 1 billion, and will eventually be 18.9 billion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Did you ever consider that maybe that's a lot of alts, more than most people, and if you want to make that many alts you're going to have some challenges ahead of you? I don't think you *need* to do the questline on all of them. Maybe the rep for some crafting recipes depending on their professions, but there shouldn't be any reason I can think of that you need to 100% everything 12 times. The teleport points, achievements, pets, mounts, toys, dungeon, and Crucible are all cross-alt.
    The main thing I'd like to get for my alts is the Argussian shoulder enchant to drop Veiled Argunite, which is only Revered, but still, I've missed two Emissaries on most alts for that faction, heh. But no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    You need to do the questline to unlock all the WQs to be able to do emissaries, particularly Argussian Reach, but that's par for the course.
    Fair point. Hopefully, that gets addressed. I'm usually the first to defend Blizzard since I'm a disgusting fanboi, but this is an instance that is pretty silly, although I can see their reasoning. Regardless, I don't think the WQs should have been story gated, and I hope they remember some of the issues that caused going forward.

The main thing I'd like to get for my alts is the Argussian shoulder enchant to drop Veiled Argunite, which is only Revered, but still, I've missed two Emissaries on most alts for that faction, heh. But no rush.
    Revered does seem to take a couple weeks, and longer if you're not doing the champion missions for the rep tokens (250 + 750 for bonus). I can see why that would be annoying. A few thoughts: 1) you can still farm Veiled Argunite pretty reliably without it, it's just slower, 2) I can still see why that would be a bad counter argument since alt catch-up systems are usually quality of life systems anyway, and 3) they should have made Boon of the Steadfast an enchanting recipe so that people could just sell it on the auction house.

Deleted
    Well, my altoholicism is one of the many reasons why I don't raid anymore ^^;

Beside that, I don't mind the questing into the area, though it gets boring fast. But I still have 2 characters to go to get all profession updates, then I would have 7 of my alts covered. And I probably have to do the other classes as well if I want to get any other mage tower challenges done.

Since I dont raid, I need other sources to gear up my alts, which are also lacking the BiS legendaries for challenges. :/

And I have to farm reputation for professions on top of that all as well. :/

It's not like I am asking for a free pass to mythic raid gear for all my charactres. Honestly, I don't understand people in this game. If the only thing which matters is mythic(+) PvE and arena/rated BGs, then why the Hell do they have to put this kind of tediousness into casual alt play?

Yeah, imagine doing that horribloe quest chain again on an alt.
    No thanks, never again.

I'd rather play a game that is actually fun.

Deleted
    I wish, mage tower challenges would have been about standardised gear and disabled legendaries / tier sets etc. Just you, your class, some buffs (food/flask etc.) and the challenge. I would be spending my whole time there

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, Argus is easy mode, especially for alts. Heck, you can even during the clearing earn better gear for them. If you believe you are forced to play only one character than I have a belief that you are wasting time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    btw back in Cata you had to level chars without heirlooms, and had NO HELP for their reps and on each and every charecter you had to do the whole atonement process.
    Heirlooms were introduced in Wrath

OT: I was sure blizzard mentioned somehwere that WQ's are going to be account wide unlock. I was wrong there probably. Or they changed it. It's super boring repeating it 12 times but yeah, what can you do.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah it's a pain in the ass.

It's forcing me to focus on one character again because I just can't keep up with alts without burning out.

12 110 characters need to go through that flipping questline.

Yep, I've just been playing my main since patch day. I still log onto alts for order hall gold missions...easy easy gold

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The game has always required the bulk of it to be played, per toon, since Vanilla.
    Skips/shortcuts have been sprinkled here and there as time has worn on, but not at the rate of Legion.
    Just imagine the outcry on today's forums from people who want to play 11 alts but cba to farm fire resist gear for MC... talk about a pointless, boring chore... (anything vanilla was pointless and boring, if we're being honest; it just seemed better because it was new and shiny).

But on a serious note for everyone out there, if they set up an entire skip and made it to where you complete the questline once and it's done for everyone (access to all WQs, whole nine yards), would you then be the same people returning here stating "there is nothing to do"?

I get the feeling that people want to treat this game like an arcade style game, where they hop in, have everything readily available, and poof... victory.
    But in terms of an MMORPG (with emphasis on the 'RPG' portion), maybe your Warrior has finished the questline, but your Mage has yet to embark on it.
    You as the player, sure, you've seen it, but you as the Mage? Still hasn't been there. Same with your Rogue and Druid.

Now, I get that "playing the same thing over and over and over isn't any more content", but has WoW not been this exact way since its inception?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    I enjoy maintaining alts, it's one of the main reasons I play MMO's. I don't like doing the same linear questline over and over again in order to maintain said alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Portals and Crucibal are unlocked.. rest is up to you to do, exactly like Suramar.

And you actually need to unlock the greater invasions on all bosses.. that part is a bit sad, but oh well.
    And the dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I thought they said in their interview that I don't have to do the questline EVERY FUCKING TIME on every alt. I just want the recipe for the Jewelcrafting crowns.
    Why do you have to do it EVERY FUCKING TIME on every alt if all you want is the recipe for JC crowns?

It only takes one alt with JC(or main)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Heirlooms were introduced in Wrath

OT: I was sure blizzard mentioned somehwere that WQ's are going to be account wide unlock. I was wrong there probably. Or they changed it. It's super boring repeating it 12 times but yeah, what can you do.
    Meant to say burning crusade, dont know why i said cata...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Want the benefits? Do the work. Alt-friendly =/= you won't have to progress alts. The Crucible and Teleportation points are account-wide, which I believe was all they promised?

I've taken 7/12 characters through the entire way. It's short work once the route is familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They said progress on Argus is account wide, not that the questline is. Netherlight Crucible/Dungeon/Teleports are account wide, World Quests/Treasure Chests aren't.
    which sort of sucks but i understands.. I play pretty casually, my DH has decent Ilvl and i have got a 110 pally i am gearing ret mainly through WQs and LFR, I wish he could hop into Argus territory WQs lol gear up quicker :P

takes me longer on my main to do the quests than my alts because well after doing it once i know what to look for and do lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Want the benefits? Do the work.
    I thought this was a game? What's the point of forcing me to complete the same part of the game several times, instead of just letting me do it whenever I feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Want the benefits? Do the work.
    At least be consistent about it.