Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I avoid PvP because I don't know anyone else who PvPs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play a proper PVP game if I want to PVP.

If progression was not tied to the mission tables, no one would do the mission tables. There's your answer. Tie progression to PvP and people will PvP. People largely don't do ANYTHING unless its tied to progression.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tie PVE progression to PVP and Dragonslayers will burn Blizzard HQ to the ground. Blizzard tried that shit with the legendary cloak in MoP and the backlash was impressive. And that was just two bg wins or something like that? PVP is hilariously unpopular with a large subset of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Tie PVE progression to PVP and Dragonslayers will burn Blizzard HQ to the ground. Blizzard tried that shit with the legendary cloak in MoP and the backlash was impressive. And that was just two bg wins or something like that? PVP is hilariously unpopular with a large subset of players.
    Agreed. I was pretty pissed off about that PvP aspect of the cloak as well. I don't want to pvp and never will want to PvP but now to do PvE shit on a PvE server I'm forced to PvP. Rage was not a sufficient word to describe how I felt about that.

PvP can be kicked off a cliff or thrown down a wall and had cement poured down on top of it so nobody has to ever see or deal with it again for all I care.

Stop shoehorning that bullshit into this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    There was backlash to the mission table in wod and they kept it in legion. Do the same with pvp. Just keep tying pve progression to pvp.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it is only balanced for rated pvp

pvp in this game is honestly boring unless you are playing something OP

Deleted
    I dont find wow pvp fun.

Its mostly about having an encyclopedia in your head about what to use when.

I'm more into twitch reaction gameplay that Moba's offer when it comes to pvp

Deleted
    I suck at PVP and get owned very hard in every way possible. Hence I do not like that part of the game. Many above me wont admit the same, but that is the reason they dont like it either. /love

Because it's frustrating as hell, their neverending class reworks lead to the point where the pvp gameplay is 180° different every expansion, 4 years im able as a ret to dispell roots on my self and suddenly in legion when they took that away im geting kited to death by even warlocks in a 1 v 1 situation (yeah i know dueling is not balanced) but man is it frustrating to have to relearn everything from scrath every pre expansion patch.

Ill trade that useless horse for clemency every day since 7.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Because PvP is hardly fun anymore, the templates are really f**king stupid, obtaining the gear is annoying.

If it wasn't for the artifact skins I wouldn't even bother doing it at all anymore.

Because it's bad. Let's face it, not even blizz gives it proper attention. Balance is horrible, it's a huge CC spam fest, both healing and damage burst are ridiculous. I always liked pvp in MMO's, but when I started playing WoW I just couldn't because of how bad it's. WoW strong point is PvE, you cannot deny that, PvP is just there as a bonus.

If you wanna play an MMO to PvP, I would pick literally anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There was backlash to the mission table in wod and they kept it in legion. Do the same with pvp. Just keep tying pve progression to pvp.
    Well, you can get gear from warden WPvP WQs, though not much PvP actually happens there on my PvE server, and if it really happens, I usually kill the offender if it's 1 on 1. I even manage to finish this stuipid arena thing without dying sometimes. Previous years on a PvP server must have taught me something. ^_^; And well organised BGs leading to winning are also fine.

Still, I only collect PvP ranks for the mounts, and PvP transmog sets. Don't care about arena or such.

Deleted
    1.) I hate to loose
    2.) I unbelievably suck at PvP
    3.) Point 1+2
    4.) I find it boring
    5.) The queue times + wait times + preparation times + countdowns are killing me... it feels like PvP is 2/3 waiting for something and 1/3 fighting
    6.) There are better things to do/progress my char

I think Blizzard put way to much emphasis on arena, balancing around arena, and esports.

In the meantime, battlegrounds...the content most enjoy and participate in withered.

I cannot speak for everyone.. but..

For me it is mostly the fact that the PVP game just doesn't evolve. I enjoy it around the start of each expansion because new skills, people learning to adapt to them, and gearing (before legion) is all over the place. But about after the first patch everyone is cookie cuttered, youtube/guided up, and gemming/enchanting/gearing the same. Or just terrible. Ok, mostly just terrible. So it become a bland boring show that I have ran with on the same maps in many cases since over a decade ago. It doesn't help that I feel in half the BGs I am running that their are bots and shit making up half the teams. Then when I go into the competitive side its usually just people bitching and complaining. Talking tough. But one loss they bitch straight the fuck out and either start talking shit or ditch. The guild group is pretty good and I have had fun with it but when we que up we end up facing the exact same 2 or so teams over.. and over.. and over again on the same 3 (it feels like) or so maps over and over again. Just becomes a kind boring. Arena just become a pillar hump / CD line up / hump hump hump / oh for the last 10 minutes nothing mattered because this happened and.. its over game that just isn't fun to me. I get some people like it and that is fine. Just isn't for me. World PVP.. don't get me started. It is just a joke. Just working on a quest or something.. maybe a lot of mobs beating up on me and suddenly a fully pop CD hunter or mage gets to unload its opener on me with 6 meaninglessly but now taxing mobs hitting me as well. Or the roles are reversed and I want the rare kill so I jump in and smoke them and steal the kill. I mean congrats. That is like 90% of world PVP. Not to mention I might be fully mythic geared and I come across someone in 880 gear and smoke them without even thinking about it. Just isn't interesting. No objective. Just ambush, kill or be killed, and forget it happened.

This is all just my opinion of course. But this is why *I* don't PVP.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-09-14 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played through MoP on a PVP-Realm. Pretty much cured me of that gameplay style. You should give it a shot and join the rest of us with our PVP-spines in pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I loved arena/pvp when there was rating requirements for gear. That way i could show all how gr8 i was. (lul)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I played through MoP on a PVP-Realm. Pretty much cured me of that gameplay style. You should give it a shot and join the rest of us with our PVP-spines in pieces.
    News flash most people actually do play on a PVP realm. The problem is it is usually so imbalanced in population it doesnt matter. Even with cross realm you either just see a train of 12 green names wrecking 2 red ones since everyone is going to pretty much the same spots to do the same things.

when i was on a pvp server i used to hate it because you are trying to do a quest or something and then you get ganked. Then to make it worse they camp your body. I would typical go something for 10 minutes or so.

I moved to a non pvp server and love it.

If i want to go pvp I will go play a fighting game.

Fact is that wow is designed around PVE and that why i play it