Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you're a casual, then yes. If you like rewards to be based on skills/difficulty, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You can easily get 60 traits and ~910-920 in a week just playing a couple hours a day.
    That should mean you're capable of doing heroic
    Still need you mandatories, oh I mean legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Still need you mandatories, oh I mean legendaries.
    It's quite easy to get 2 in the first week, and you don't need your two BiS for heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's quite easy to get 2 in the first week, and you don't need your two BiS for heroic
    No but you're just dead weight without them.

Deleted
    This is probably the best time ever to return to wow

If you haven't played for 2+ years, it means you haven't touched the Legion content at all.

There is massive amount of lore and story available. The leveling experience is more enjoyable than ever due to outdoor content scaling down to your level - meaning you can choose in what order you do quests. There is strong class indentity with Class Orders and well-developed class-specific questlines also rewarding class-unique items. The Artifact system basically added old-school WoW talent system on top of existing rows-of-3 talent system. World Quests vastly improve max-level experience in comparison to previous expansions by making leveling zones fully relevant at max-level. Mythic+ system keeps all dungeons forever relevant as well, and you can find challenge and appropriate rewards in dungeons whatever your skill level is. Proffesions and even cooking/fishing also received more love than ever.

On top of that, the catchups mechanics are really strong, and you will have very little problem with jumping straight into current content even if you haven't played Legion at all.

If you intend to play more "seriously" or "hardcore" though, there is bad news. The much criticized legendary items system means you won't be able to perform even close to the level of those who played for a long time (at least in PvE, because in PvP legendaries are disabled). If you wanted to gather the BiS legendaries for your spec it would take months AT LEAST, and you still wouldn't be sure you get them. Some people also criticize the gearing system, as every piece of gear you receive can upgrade, and the upgrade can be so significant that a piece of 915ilvl (so, heroic Tomb) loot becomes 945ilvl (so, 15ilvls higher than mythic Tomb) so that casual player can theoretically have bigger ilvl than a person who raids mythic. On the other hand, it makes gearing much easier for new or returning players, like you.

PvP still faces same problems as ever. Normal BGs are clown fiestas and nobody cares about them. Also: Rangeds get completely demolished by melee. Demon Hunters as flag carriers are literally unstoppable. Certain classes/specs dominate in arena and others are completely useless etc.

Still, in contrast to WoD and even earlier xpacs there is tons to do besides raiding and no matter what your preferences are you should find something interesting. Nevertheless, I would advice you to resub to at least witness the lore and story because its truly well developed and epic and it won't be the same experiencing it after Legion ends.

P.S. Yes, the inflation is severe, but gold making is also easier than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    I suppose you mean it's worse than before, right ?
    Yes, RNG is insane now. Most aspects of the game is RNG now. If you hate it then stay away. If you're not obsessed about getting BiS etc. then it won't bug you that much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    Don't bother, it's horrible now.
    It's more like this ^

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Definitely! There is so much to do now and story to bet told. If you're a fan you must love it.
    Than this ^

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    It's 2+ years I don't play WoW and I wasn't even be able to play regularly to/or afford stuffs, my realm's economy was fu**ed up despite it was dead.
    How's the game treating you guys?
    Is PvP (bg) still regularly unbalanced?
    Have things in the AH gone that expensive as the token is over 250k?
    PvP has had no content to speak of, sure we got a snowy version of Arathi Basin (Which can be fooled If you use the Black potion from Darkmoon anyway), Eye of the storm that has weird gravity whatever, 1 cap Warsong Gulch, that's not new PvP content that's the same content but changed up a bit. It's obvious to me as a 12 year long veteran of the game they had no Intention of giving PvPing anything new.

I'd say don't play It, economy Is still fudged up everywhere, people overpricing everything, proffesions still don't matter, Mythic + Is still the same elitist garbage speedrunning system, legendaries are around that drop randomly like Diablo 3 which Is pointless and bad, we got rifts-..Imean Invasion points which are basically rifts from Diablo 3 which again, give nothing new to the game but pointless new zones and they don't even show new worlds. It's really just old art assets to pretend It's a new planet.. while In reality this Is Grizzly Hills, this Is Zangermarsh, this Is a floaty outlandy place and so on.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

It's pretty much the same game you left; the changes you hear people talking about haven't changed the basic structure of the game: questing, dungeons, raids. Occasional scenarios and cinematics.

There have been some nice QoL improvements: better transmog interface so it's easier than ever to find a look for your toon that you enjoy. Reagents tab in the bank for storing and organizing all your crafting ingredients (does not compete with regular bank space! One button transfers all from your bags to bank!). I also like that M+ lets you play dungeon bosses tuned as high as raid bosses, so you really get to experience their mechanics instead of ignoring them.

And the rest, to me tbh, is just details. I know some get all excited and even heated about those details, but we do the same stuff when we long in now that we were doing 5 years ago. So if you enjoyed that, you'll enjoy the current game.

It's still just a game, and only one of many ways to enjoy your free time.

I would say absolutely - yes.

you have missed some EXCELLENT levelling zones/quests/dungeons. take some time, level at your own pace (the quest hubs are much better than ever before), don't go NO-LIFE and just have fun - the game is excellent if you are able to remain casual lol

I think you should resub if you liked the game before WoD, and right now catching up is very easy compared to a few weeks ago. The final large patch has hit and you'll have well over 100 hours of playtime without even recycling any content with Suramar, Broken Shores and Argus all being 110+ content.

If you like dungeons Mythic+ is an amazing addition. Obviously it gets repetitive running the same dungeon after the 20th time, but considering you'd have well over 200 dungeon runs before then I don't think that's anything to worry about!

Economy has kept on scaling at the same rate it's done during the previous expansion. Whether you like that or not is up to you, but having millions of gold now is not anything uncommon. I've personally made well over a million in profit during Legion after having spent lots on potions, flasks, darkmoon trinkets etc. It's a bit ridiculous but it's also very easy to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    Not worth playing at the moment.
    Not worth reading this comment at the moment.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-09-14 at 11:51 AM.

Mate you ain't gonna get anything from such a thread.

Some people really enjoy themselves right now, some hate it.

Deleted
    No. Don't do that to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't really answer if it is worth or not, it is in the end up to you. I enjoy it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you enjoy grinding ap then yep

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    For somebody that's never played legion yet I'd say most assuredly yes. There is a ton of stuff to do.
    I agree. If you haven't played for a long time then you have a couple of months worth of content to enjoy at your own pace.

However, you should also take into account the following:

1) Class design has never been worse. And never means never. As a result, PvP is in the worst state it's ever been. Boring, unrewarding, frustrating... you name it.
    2) Gearing is too RNG dependant, and they even seem to have nerfed the legendary drop rate in 7.3.
    3) Argus is quite ugly. The only redeeming zone in terms of visuals (Mac'Aree) lacks polish and somehow feels unfinished.
    4) The main objective of the current dev team seems to be maximizing the time spent online by players (however tedious it may be) rather than providing us with fun, engaging content.
    5) WoW has never been a sandbox game, but the extent to which it now follows the "theme park" design model would have been unthinkable only a few years ago.

So OP, why don't you try it out and tell us what you think?
    Last edited by mingarrubia; 2017-09-14 at 05:31 PM.

Try it if you are enjoying it keep playing, leave it if you are not enjoying it. Its all up to you not anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Try it if you are enjoying it keep playing, leave it if you are not enjoying it. Its all up to you not anyone else.
    This guy speaks the truth.

We can't decide for you OP. All we can say is try it and if you enjoy it then keep at it and if not then it ain't the end of the world.

I came back 3 weeks ago, after about a year break, and it got boring after maybe 2 weeks of playing... but there's a lot to do... it's just that I've been playing since TBC and we still have ZERO new ranged damage dealers (what I like) so I feel mostly bored because of that.

It's a game I keep coming back to over and over for the past 12 years. It's a fun game that is a good time waster. No other game offers the depth that WoW does. I have a bunch of classes to choice from, different roles to do in team-based play and it does have a social component if you want it with raids and guilds. It has all the things I want from a game and more which is why I've been able to play it off-and-on for more than a decade.