Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I thought this was a game? What's the point of forcing me to complete the same part of the game several times, instead of just letting me do it whenever I feel like it.
    I've been doing them when I've felt like it. I am not doing them across every single one of my alts.

See? Choices! You choose to have alts? You choose to pursue certain things? Then do the required work. Or sit pretty and wait until they nerf it, if they ever do. They didn't nerf the Broken Shore requirements until that content became outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I enjoy maintaining alts, it's one of the main reasons I play MMO's. I don't like doing the same linear questline over and over again in order to maintain said alts.
    Like I said immediately after the post you quoted...and maybe in it, I don't remember: I think that what really would have helped is making the WQs not rely on quest completion. Maybe being tied to the achievement for doing all the quests on Argus, so that once you do it on your main, you can do them all on anyone. That's the case, right? Most of the WQs, the dungeon, and invasion points all require quest completion, but the teleport pads and the other stuff is all cross-alt? It would make sense to make them not require quest completion; I guess if they were really stuck on having unlocked all the content once, just make it all unlock for everyone on your account once you finish the Argus questing once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I've been doing them when I've felt like it. I am not doing them across every single one of my alts.

See? Choices!
    Yeah the choice is, do what you like, but if you don't do it you don't get the thing! What a choice.

You choose to have alts?
    Oh yeah I chose to have alts. It's all my fault.

Yeah the choice is, do what you like, but if you don't do it you don't get the thing! What a choice.

Oh yeah I chose to have alts. It's all my fault.
    Might be difficult to grasp since you're just being you, but yes.

Don't want to play many characters? Don't roll alts. Have fun.

Yes, Legion is tremendously unfriendly to alts. The devs have to re-learn this lesson every other expansion or so.

The real pisser is that the argus flightmaster whistle isn't account-wide. That just murders the whole thing for my alts. No way I'm going to grind them all up to revered too, just to do WQs in Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    and WQ it's also unlocked for all?
    No it's not. At least that should be a thing but it isn't. Argus is a pain for players with more than one alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They really want us to focus on only 1 character.
    I can't and I won't do that. Last time I needed to focus on one character was Classic. Since then I always had 2 (TBC) or more. 7.3 is not for me and although I really don't want to there is no motivation for me to keep the sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you find it a chore to have alts then stop having alts.
    This is wrong on so many levels. No I don't. And it is a chore because it's boring lame ass content that I need to do to unlock something basic like WQ. Alts are not a chore but this useless content barriers are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes, Legion is tremendously unfriendly to alts. The devs have to re-learn this lesson every other expansion or so.

The real pisser is that the argus flightmaster whistle isn't account-wide. That just murders the whole thing for my alts. No way I'm going to grind them all up to revered too, just to do WQs in Argus.
    Absolutely agree. It's similar to Suramar. I know nobody who did the pita that Suramar was with more than 2 characters.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I did Suramar on my alts up to the point of getting the mask, and that was fine. Took half an hour. Grinding a slow rep like Argussian Reach to revered is a whole different thing. It's weeks of WQs without a whistle just to get the whistle!

IMO, the Argus whistle should be given to players immediately upon unlocking WQs there.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-09-14 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Might be difficult to grasp since you're just being you, but yes.

Don't want to play many characters? Don't roll alts. Have fun.
    I wanna play many characters, I just don't wanna be forced to do the exact same things on all of them to unlock essential things like world quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels. No I don't. And it is a chore because it's boring lame ass content that I need to do to unlock something basic like WQ. Alts are not a chore but this useless content barriers are.
    So you find it a chore to do all of the things on alts that you want to? That is part of having an alt. You having to do things multiple times and it isn't a useless content barrier. You are still choosing to do any content X amount of times. That is your choice. If you don't want to do the work for your own choice then don't have that many alts. Or any alts at all.

Part of having alts means you have to do content over again for those alts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Great for altoholics like me, I need to do it 11 times. The issue here is I am rather going to abandon the game until the next expansion instead of doing the chore that the Argus questline is for my 10 other characters.
    This sort of post is just pathetic and sad.

Why do people consider a series of quests a chore? I mean its a story they are telling. Please tell me what YOU would fucking want rather than quest chains? Because you get quest chains and world quests with the Argus content.

What the fuck do people actually want in content? Do you want to only have to do the quest chain once then on every fucking character you make you have a golden vindicar ship and everything open and no more quests? If so, thats just asinine.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They really want us to focus on only 1 character.
    Yes, those 2 hours of quests, how will you ever find the time to do it on an alt?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yes, those 2 hours of quests, how will you ever find the time to do it on an alt?
    It's more than 2 hours, and the problem is, it's boring as hell. I have 3 alts to finish this weeks step so I can unlock the higher armor equipment. nThis type of mundane repetitiveness just pushes people away from the game.

I'm okay with it blocking WQ's, but the World Boss / Champion follower progression is rather annoying.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-09-14 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    With a fresh 110 character who's still wearing heirlooms dying to everything and taking forever to kill anything just because I want to get a recipe.

Story shouldn't block anything other than story progression.

Once you unlock WQs on a single character, they should be unlocked for everyone. Otherwise your alts are stuck with emissaries they can't do without finishing several hours of quests, and that sucks.

Same deal with the whistle, even if you could do the WQs, without a whistle you damn well don't want to.

All these things combine to make the expansion, and this patch in particular, extraordinarily unfriendly to alts. Now if you think that's the way it should be well, like, that's your opinion, man. But there's no reasonable debate over whether it's alt-unfriendly. It absolutely is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was really pissed when I found out that I had to this on my alts considering that I did the story content as it was released on my main character, but the entire questline took me around 3 hours maybe 4 if I had substantially bad gear. It is actually fairly short without any of the time gating and having all the beacons unlocked is a bigger boon than you'd think.

I do think it will be unlocked eventually similarly to how it was on Broken Isles. It's just a matter of whether or not you want to wait until then.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna play many characters, I just don't wanna be forced to do the exact same things on all of them to unlock essential things like world quests.
    Yet you have allways had to do that, want to do Black temple on all your toons, gotta do the attuenment quest on every one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

What scares me the most about Argus reputation is doing the same thing again as a Paragon just to be given a meager chance (if it's anything like Broken Isles) at amount. There's no chance I'm doing that until I massively outlevel the content, in 8.0. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yet you have allways had to do that, want to do Black temple on all your toons, gotta do the attuenment quest on every one of them
    Yeah remember when we had to unlock world quests in TBC.

You are picking attunements as an example. Something they have abandoned long ago, because it's shit to send every character through that. Now that the concept of accountwide things exists, we can't have accountwide world quests when we have so many other accountwide things? Please come up with a better argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah remember when we had to unlock world quests in TBC.

You are picking attunements as an example. Something they have abandoned long ago, because it's shit to send every character through that. Now that the concept of accountwide things exists, we can't have accountwide world quests when we have so many other accountwide things? Please come up with a better argument.
    They take like 2-3 hours per char to unlock them all, suck it up
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They take like 2-3 hours per char to unlock them all, suck it up
    E-exactly?... That's the point. They take hours to unlock per character.