Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yes, those 2 hours of quests, how will you ever find the time to do it on an alt?
    People like you don't get it. It is the same repetitive boring 2 hours we need to do 3, 4, 5, 6 times. It is not just 2 hours per character it is much more because it's plain awful doing the same stuff as a MUST DO again and again. I would understand this for reputation or so but to unlock ES or the whistle? Absymal game design (and I am 100% sure it will be changed).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yet you have allways had to do that, want to do Black temple on all your toons, gotta do the attuenment quest on every one of them
    Please don't compare 10 year old content to new stuff when it comes to accessibility.

- - - Updated - - -

They take like 2-3 hours per char to unlock them all, suck it up
    If you don't play several alts just don't argue about this topic. If you do you can't tell me you enjoy doing the crappy storyline 5 or 6 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This sort of post is just pathetic and sad.

Why do people consider a series of quests a chore? I mean its a story they are telling. Please tell me what YOU would fucking want rather than quest chains? Because you get quest chains and world quests with the Argus content.

What the fuck do people actually want in content? Do you want to only have to do the quest chain once then on every fucking character you make you have a golden vindicar ship and everything open and no more quests? If so, thats just asinine.
    Yeah it is a story. A story that I'd like to enjoy once or twice, not half a dozen times (especially not when it's as bad as the Argus storyline).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I've just been doing one character a day. As it stands now just trying to finish grinding up all the rep on my main already has me wanting to blow my brains out let alone chugging through the same six quests and a dungeon on another 9 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you find it a chore to do all of the things on alts that you want to? That is part of having an alt. You having to do things multiple times and it isn't a useless content barrier. You are still choosing to do any content X amount of times. That is your choice. If you don't want to do the work for your own choice then don't have that many alts. Or any alts at all.

Part of having alts means you have to do content over again for those alts.
    I would agree when it wouldn't be about blocking WQ or the whistle. But your arguments fall flat when it's about as basic things as that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People like you don't get it. It is the same repetitive boring 2 hours we need to do 3, 4, 5, 6 times. It is not just 2 hours per character it is much more because it's plain awful doing the same stuff as a MUST DO again and again. I would understand this for reputation or so but to unlock ES or the whistle? Absymal game design (and I am 100% sure it will be changed).
    That is what having an alt means. You do things over and over again for each character. If you don't want to do it don't have an alt. You have chosen to have an alt so quit whining that you have to do extra work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I've just been doing one character a day. As it stands now just trying to finish grinding up all the rep on my main already has me wanting to blow my brains out let alone chugging through the same six quests and a dungeon on another 9 characters.
    This exactly. I did it on one char and it was a chore because it was incredibly boring. I did it half on another and stopped. 9.5 chars left...

- - - Updated - - -

That is what having an alt means. You do things over and over again for each character. If you don't want to do it don't have an alt. You have chosen to have an alt so quit whining that you have to do extra work.
    Please stop arguing when you either don't have a handful alts or don't get the problem.

I'm not saying this applies to the people complaining on this thread about having to do the same quest over and over for each alt. But I find it interesting how I've seen people talk about how they find this tedious and are the same people that say "Vanilla was the best WoW has ever been. I'd totally play on a legacy server" when this was much worse in Vanilla. I don't mean to derail the thread with this btw, it's just an observation.

I have a couple of alts and while, yeah, it can be kinda tedious, but once you do it the first time, you kinda know what to expect so you can just breeze on through with other alts. If anything, playing with a different class has given me a different experience on Argus. I don't mind it that much. Specially if I go through it with friends.

Great for altoholics like me, I need to do it 11 times. The issue here is I am rather going to abandon the game until the next expansion instead of doing the chore that the Argus questline is for my 10 other characters.
    Because having 12 active characters isn't absolutely fucking insane to begin with?

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't compare 10 year old content to new stuff when it comes to accessibility.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't play several alts just don't argue about this topic. If you do you can't tell me you enjoy doing the crappy storyline 5 or 6 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it is a story. A story that I'd like to enjoy once or twice, not half a dozen times (especially not when it's as bad as the Argus storyline).

All of the 110's have their class mount, and all of argus unlocked
    yeah the questline is alittle boring the 8th time, but thats what podcasts/music are for.
    (Got the mount by doing those alts, and sending rep tokens from world quests to my main)
    #rekt
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

All of the 110's have their class mount, and all of argus unlocked
    yeah the questline is alittle boring the 8th time, but thats what podcasts/music are for.
    (Got the mount by doing those alts, and sending rep tokens from world quests to my main)
    Class mount is something completely different. It's genuine and unique content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Because having 12 active characters isn't absolutely fucking insane to begin with?
    No? May I choose by myself what is fine and what isn't? Is there ONE plausible argument why WQ or the whistle should be locked until you do the quest although you already did it with one character?

Btw. I have so many characters because Class Design in Legion is so bad that most of them get boring pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Portals and Crucibal are unlocked.. rest is up to you to do, exactly like Suramar.

And you actually need to unlock the greater invasions on all bosses.. that part is a bit sad, but oh well.
    However they did say that most world quests would be account wide too, however none are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Class mount is something completely different. It's genuine and unique content.

- - - Updated - - -

No? May I choose by myself what is fine and what isn't? Is there ONE plausible argument why WQ or the whistle should be locked until you do the quest although you already did it with one character?

Btw. I have so many characters because Class Design in Legion is so bad that most of them get boring pretty quick.
    that you need to do all the campaign for and 11 annoying repetitive quests to get, but i was able to do it without making a shit storm, yeah omfg if you want to have 12 characters your going to need to do some stuff 12 times, no shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    However they did say that most world quests would be account wide too, however none are.
    Source on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

that you need to do all the campaign for and 11 annoying repetitive quests to get, but i was able to do it without making a shit storm, yeah omfg if you want to have 12 characters your going to need to do some stuff 12 times, no shit
    Well, if you say so. I am just going to wait until Blizzard will change it (and it's 100% going to happen before the year ends). 7.3 will backfire pretty soon due to various chores and bad design decisions. As soon as the first several hundred thousand accounts will cancel their sub in Sep or Oct they're going to change some of those things very quickly.

My only gripe is I wish the invasion points were made available to alts right away. But oh well, I'm never going to try and raid with all of my alts again, I tried for nighthold and it sucked. I'm going to pick one or two alts and maybe do lfr on the rest, if I feel like it.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    My only gripe is I wish the invasion points were made available to alts right away. But oh well, I'm never going to try and raid with all of my alts again, I tried for nighthold and it sucked. I'm going to pick one or two alts and maybe do lfr on the rest, if I feel like it.
    I wish I could do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you say so. I am just going to wait until Blizzard will change it (and it's 100% going to happen before the year ends). 7.3 will backfire pretty soon due to various chores and bad design decisions. As soon as the first several hundred thousand accounts will cancel their sub in Sep or Oct they're going to change some of those things very quickly.
    To think this content is supposed to keep people entertained for 11 months is mindblowing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The main thing I'd like to get for my alts is the Argussian shoulder enchant to drop Veiled Argunite, which is only Revered, but still, I've missed two Emissaries on most alts for that faction, heh. But no rush.
    Have you used it on a character? Got it on my main yesterday, and its just lackluster, you get 10-15 veiled argonite from each bag and if I don't get more in the next 2-3 I will change the enchant. Get just as much or more from each chest/rare and its easier to fine those than getting your next bag. Disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Have you used it on a character? Got it on my main yesterday, and its just lackluster, you get 10-15 veiled argonite from each bag and if I don't get more in the next 2-3 I will change the enchant. Get just as much or more from each chest/rare and its easier to fine those than getting your next bag. Disappointing.
    Can't have you be done with Argus after 3 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please stop arguing when you either don't have a handful alts or don't get the problem.
    Disagreeing that it is a problem does not mean I don't understand what you are saying.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    To think this content is supposed to keep people entertained for 11 months is mindblowing to me.
    Haha yeah. I am burnt out and it's live for 2 weeks now. I mean no problem for me, quit WoW for a while (GW2 is having a massive expansion next week and I will play it) but that 7.3 will be content until September 18? I really can't believe it. Early next year 99% of the playerbase will be burnt out as well and then? I mean if 7.3 would be any good it could work but it's not. WQ are in 4/5 cases "kill rare", the new dungeon is boring and ugly, full of useless trash and Argus is the same, full of mobs and with a horrible respawn rate. As much I was looking for 7.3 as much I am disappointed, shocked by it now. Let's just hope the next expansion will be here in Q2/18 but I really don't think so...

- - - Updated - - -

Disagreeing that it is a problem does not mean I don't understand what you are saying.
    Disagreeing is only valid when you have several alts and are stuck by the same problem. If you have and disagree then I am fine with it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-09-14 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I dont get it. Why have reputation at all? Why have any gate to gear at all? Why have any requirements for getting a cool item, toy, pet, or mount at all?

Why not just have a button you push when you get into the game that says "push me for free loot, toys, pets, gear, mounts"?

I mean seriously what is it that you want? Do you want them to just give you the shit they make for free without any fucking effort?

Give me a break.

Here's why, because its a fucking game. Games require you to do stuff to get the rewards the game offers. It just seems like you and others like you ( @Nyel ) would rather have a game where you don't have to do anything to get rewards, and THAT is terrible game design.