Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    The spirit healer isn't even a real thing that brings you back to life that's purely gameplay over lore
    ? The players coming back might not be canon, but Spirit Healers canonically are real.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

There's another canon death I haven't seen mentioned yet: you died during the Legendary Ring questline in Draenor and, if I recall correctly, are revived by Goblin Jumper Cables.

Edit:

Scratch that, Khadgar kills you twice during the Legendary Ring quest chain:

Power Unleashed: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=36004/p...ashed#comments
    Speak with Archmage Khadgar.

Do you have your ring with you? Good! Are you ready?

Hold on to your helm, hunter!

"I am ready, Archmage."

Archmage Khadgar says: I know now how to defeat Gul'dan's magic and reveal the Shadow Council. But we'll need more power.
    Archmage Khadgar says: We will have to tear artifacts from the very heart of the Ogre Empire.
    Archmage Khadgar says: I can help you. Let us augment the power of that ring of yours...
    Archmage Khadgar says: Hold out your hand, and step into the light!

Archmage Khadgar steps back off the platform and begins casting. Back into the light, you'll be knocked to the ground and lose about 10% of your health.

Archmage Khadgar says: I'm sorry, I should've mentioned that you would be... slightly killed.

You get knocked down one more time.
    The Unbroken Circle: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=36016/t...ircle#comments
    Archmage Khadgar says: Now, stand perfectly still.

*Khadgar places the three rune tablets in a half-circle around the room.*

Archmage Khadgar says: This magic is extremely reliable and - maybe a tiny bit fatal. Hold still, I said!

Archmage Khadgar says: I draw my strength, from the HEART of Draenor...

*Khadgar shocks the player with power from the three tablets, bringing you with a single point of health left and sending you to the spirit realm while the character lays on the ground and sees a vision of Grommash and Gul'dan.*

Gul'dan says: Come, Grommash. Drink.

Grommash Hellscream says: They assault your foundry. They murder your allies. Mine is the only way.

Grommash Hellscream says: Go!

*The player is revived by Cordana.*

Cordana Felsong says: It worked.

Archmage Khadgar says: I maintain a pair of goblin jumper cables for just such an emergency. Are you well, commander?
    Last edited by Draeth; 2017-09-13 at 03:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ? The players coming back might not be canon, but Spirit Healers canonically are real.
    Yeah as I said "she isn't a real thing that brings you back to life"
    I know they're there but they don't resurrect people

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    hopefully we die at the end of legion so next expansion is a reset with us starting back to level 1 like a stat squish but for all content
    I have nothing against the stat squish (I want one) but forcing everybody to restart from 0 would be a very silly move. You are free to reroll/make an alt like the rest of us do.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-09-13 at 10:41 PM.

there needs to be a pet squish a mount squish a achievement squish and so on there is just to much junk and a smaller client will encourage people to try WoW
    I do agree that reducing the weight of the game on the hard drive would definetly be a good move. Removing characters that are present server side is as far away from a solution as you can get though.

a fresh restart would mean getting rid of a large part of the client there would be no reason for any of the expansion zones to exist in it just a new azeroth

all the sounds and armors that go along with these old expansions could be cut as well
    You are basically proposing wow2, correct?

We've stopped being no-name adventurer since a long time ago, though. Even during WoTLK, we were already "some of the world's greatest champions". Legion only gave us an official position in our class order, but we've been ubermensch all along.

Moreover, raid encounters don't always reflect respective events in lore since as early as Vanilla Onyxia, so complaining that "Story already suffered when Lore can't answer who killed notable bad guys or did something like leading armies because of us" now is a bit too late
    we should have stood as a team of nameless champions doing our deeds across the world, never being aknowledged by our past doings. I don't really recall when the dialogues switched from "champions" to "champion" but that brought the end of good storytelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    we should have stood as a team of nameless champions doing our deeds across the world, never being aknowledged by our past doings. I don't really recall when the dialogues switched from "champions" to "champion" but that brought the end of good storytelling.
    I think it was Cata.

I would think they will save an ultimate death for the end of the game. but it would have to be an undatamined, world wide event with an epic cut scene

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We more or less don't exist lore wise I'm pretty sure, varian killed ony liadrin had the sword from the icc dungeons as far as I know the illudan fight is the only one we are cannon in.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    We more or less don't exist lore wise I'm pretty sure, varian killed ony liadrin had the sword from the icc dungeons as far as I know the illudan fight is the only one we are cannon in.
    Before WoD we didn't exist. I'm not sure if that is still the case.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Well, given how Varian got disenchanted, and Vol'jin died to an infection, I'd say we're technically more powerful than them now that they're both dead.

OT: Player ressing as we see it in game is a gameplay thing, a resurrection in lore is a lot harder to pull off if I'm not mistaken. We've died only to the LK near the end of his fight lore wise, unless you're an Undead.
    I'm pretty sure Lillidan killed some of us in his book.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, given how Varian got disenchanted, and Vol'jin died to an infection, I'd say we're technically more powerful than them now that they're both dead.

OT: Player ressing as we see it in game is a gameplay thing, a resurrection in lore is a lot harder to pull off if I'm not mistaken. We've died only to the LK near the end of his fight lore wise, unless you're an Undead.
    We've stopped being no-name adventurer since a long time ago, though. Even during WoTLK, we were already "some of the world's greatest champions". Legion only gave us an official position in our class order, but we've been ubermensch all along.

Moreover, raid encounters don't always reflect respective events in lore since as early as Vanilla Onyxia, so complaining that "Story already suffered when Lore can't answer who killed notable bad guys or did something like leading armies because of us" now is a bit too late
    Lore wise varian killed ony to get anudain back and im pretty sure we never cleared naxx Dorian killed his father but that was about it and that's why in wrath naxx has all the same bosses other then morgrain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Players are canon
    As far as I know players are only cannon in the illidan fight. Most times when something we did in game comes up it gets given to an npc like varian killing ony and liadrin having the battered hilt sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Before WoD we didn't exist. I'm not sure if that is still the case.
    As far as I know players are only cannon in the illidan fight. Most times when something we did in game comes up it gets given to an npc like varian killing ony and liadrin having the battered hilt sword.

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is every time they have shown intake lore in any other form they give our deeds to some one else, for all we know next book theses deeds will be given to some one else like Dorian and naxx or varian and ony.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is every time they have shown intake lore in any other form they give our deeds to some one else, for all we know next book theses deeds will be given to some one else like Dorian and naxx or varian and ony.
    Until that happens, we canonically did it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I don't know about that it would be really odd if every thing we did in game was cannon aleast some of it is like the illidan fight but killing the lichking or death wing then going to pick though talbuk poop in wod wouldn't make any sense from a character stand point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about that it would be really odd if every thing we did in game was cannon aleast some of it is like the illidan fight but killing the lichking or death wing then going to pick though talbuk poop in wod wouldn't make any sense from a character stand point.

7+ Year Old Account
    see I just don't see how they could have something like this be cannon.

Well, given how Varian got disenchanted...
    I...never saw it like that before, but now it's all I see.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're really that into the nuance of it, just RP and have a head canon that you did certain things and didn't do others, and the game telling you what you did or didn't do is just gameplay and not reflective of the character you made.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    I...never saw it like that before, but now it's all I see.
    Well seriously speaking he was blown up from inside. There still bones left at Broken Shore.

Just wait for third Chronicle book.