Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Have you used it on a character? Got it on my main yesterday, and its just lackluster, you get 10-15 veiled argonite from each bag and if I don't get more in the next 2-3 I will change the enchant. Get just as much or more from each chest/rare and its easier to fine those than getting your next bag. Disappointing.
    Haven't got Revered, so no. But I don't intend to rush to ilevel 910 on my alts; I'll be killing world bosses to try and get 930 anyway. I have no need for other enchants, though, and most alts still gotta do Suramar and run dungeons for appearances, so having the enchant will help some way in that regard.

Don't respond to Jaylock, he's a notorious troll.

I haven't done any Argus on my alts. Originally my hope was they weren't lying about WQs being account-wide, but that they wouldn't be flagged until one character finished the entire Argus questline. Obviously that isn't true, and now I'm faced with doing the quests and then grinding to Argussian Reach revered on 11 alts and that... doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

I can see it both ways.

I would have preferred if not all the WQ's were locked behind the same bundle of quests, which gets a bit tedious after you do them 3 or 4 times.

The rep I understand and this is the way rep has always worked for alts.

The dungeon, meh. Seemed like a bit of a clusterfuck I don't really want to do again. But whatever, it's pretty quick once you get past the queue.

Not sure how I feel about the greater invasions. It would be nice to be able to do once a week on all my alts, but I guess if I don't care enough to spend a few hours on a alt to unlock, then I guess I don't care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I dont get it. Why have reputation at all? Why have any gate to gear at all? Why have any requirements for getting a cool item, toy, pet, or mount at all?

Why not just have a button you push when you get into the game that says "push me for free loot, toys, pets, gear, mounts"?

I mean seriously what is it that you want? Do you want them to just give you the shit they make for free without any fucking effort?

Give me a break.

Here's why, because its a fucking game. Games require you to do stuff to get the rewards the game offers. It just seems like you and others like you ( @Nyel ) would rather have a game where you don't have to do anything to get rewards, and THAT is terrible game design.
    You type all this text like you aren't literally the last person on this planet whose opinion about anything let alone a fucking video game anyone could even begin to find a fuck to give about.

Go climb back in whatever hole you crawled out of.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Even with one character and 0 alts, there is so much to do its amazing. So many rares, and mounts, and pets and toys to collect. There's a ton of content in this patch!
    You're quite the cheerleader. Are you compensated by Blizzard in any way?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Imo they should've made the whole questline optional and unlock all the world quests & invasions when you've done them on at least one character. I don't see a point in gating them when the questlines can get extremely tedious on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Imo they should've made the whole questline optional and unlock all the world quests & invasions when you've done them on at least one character. I don't see a point in gating them when the questlines can get extremely tedious on alts.
    They promised this in Q&A, but that was a lie.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas
    Many of the content unlocks on Argus are account wide, such as the dungeon, most of the Argus world quests, travel to the sub-zones, and the Netherlight Crucible.

I fail to see why it matters to even do the quest line on alts?
    All the main stuff is unlocked when you do it once on your main, unless you want to unlock & do WQs in which case you probably can spare the small amount of time it takes to do the quest chain so you can do WQs.

I think you do need 60% of it done to do the greater invasions, I guess that's meaningful but I don't see why that's not achievable since there's a reward at the end while having a tonne of AP thrown at you during the chain. Seems like an appropriate amount of something to do on an alt character, if you're not willing to put in that much effort why bother leveling it at all?

If you commit and finish the entire chain you finish off with little over enough crystals to roll x2 910+ bits of gear for your alt.
    If you're just struggling, use your Argus ability more, the 2min aoe will 1 shot basically all basic mobs so just round up as much as you can and blow them up, worked a treat in doing this all on my 880 MW monk.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2017-09-14 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    The question no one's asking; what's the point of unlocking the port pads account wide when the WQs aren't?

I have seven alts. I've done the quest on 5 of them up to Macaree, of those only 2 are fully current. It took an hour AT MOST every other day to get others caught up. From scratch. If you can't manage that I have to ask where you found the time to level alts in the first place.

I will say it's baffling that major invasions aren't account wide. Then again, 935 gear potentially soooo...can't do the time? Don't do the crime

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The rep I understand and this is the way rep has always worked for alts.
    It's not about the rep, it's about the argus whistle being gated by rep.

Deleted
    Why do you even want to have the world quests unlocked if you don't want to do the story quests? The story quests give a ton of veiled argunite, AP and rep, they are a far more efficient source of these things than the WQs anyway. On top of that I don't see how anyone could think the world quests are somehow more engaging content than the main story from which they are derived.

EDIT: I guess the greater invasions, but that's all I can think of.
    Last edited by mmocca694fa5de; 2017-09-14 at 08:44 PM.

It wasn't as alt friendly as I expected either. Blizzard said multiple times that 7.3 will be "very" alt friendly, but really it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No it's not. At least that should be a thing but it isn't. Argus is a pain for players with more than one alt.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't and I won't do that. Last time I needed to focus on one character was Classic. Since then I always had 2 (TBC) or more. 7.3 is not for me and although I really don't want to there is no motivation for me to keep the sub.

- - - Updated - - -

This is wrong on so many levels. No I don't. And it is a chore because it's boring lame ass content that I need to do to unlock something basic like WQ. Alts are not a chore but this useless content barriers are.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely agree. It's similar to Suramar. I know nobody who did the pita that Suramar was with more than 2 characters.
    I have done Suramar with 5 characters. It only takes a day of played time to finish it or around it if you skip reading the quest text.

The Questline give a lot of Argunite AND AP. So, wait until a higher AK and boom, super artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You type all this text like you aren't literally the last person on this planet whose opinion about anything let alone a fucking video game anyone could even begin to find a fuck to give about.

Go climb back in whatever hole you crawled out of.
    Despite the petty insults, you still failed to answer my question. I won't respond anymore to you until you do. Thx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It wasn't as alt friendly as I expected either. Blizzard said multiple times that 7.3 will be "very" alt friendly, but really it isn't.
    How isn't it? You can complete the quest lines in about an hour or two at max. Then everything is completely open to you on Argus. Thats pretty alt friendly if you ask me.

Is it me, or is the player base (especially the "altoholic" player base) just getting more entitled and lazy than ever before? Seriously? Not wanting to do a 30-40 quest chain on an alt to unlock all the goodies Argus has to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Source on this?
    Love when people are too lazy to look at the same place that numerous threads have said exactly where.

"Many of the content unlocks on Argus are account wide, such as the dungeon, most of the Argus world quests, travel to the sub-zones, and the Netherlight Crucible."

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    I like having alts also. But I cant be bothered to do argus questline on all of them, so I have abandoned them. Think I would get burned out easily if I brought them to Argus. A pitty, since playing alts is a big part of the game for me.
    How would you get burned out? The storyline takes roughly 1 hour on geared characters, about 2-3 on an ungeared character. After that, rifts and all WQs are completely unlocked. What do you do on alts now that you don't do on your main that keeps you from getting burnt out? As stated above, the AP and Argunite from completing the quest campaign is huge. With more AK it will be even more. Hell, I kind of wish I had waited in my main to do the whole thing since it's worth so much

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Love when people are too lazy to look at the same place that numerous threads have said exactly where.

"Many of the content unlocks on Argus are account wide, such as the dungeon, most of the Argus world quests, travel to the sub-zones, and the Netherlight Crucible."
    You are the one who made the claim, im not going to look all over the internet for it.
    Thank you for telling me though
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    How would you get burned out? The storyline takes roughly 1 hour on geared characters, about 2-3 on an ungeared character. After that, rifts and all WQs are completely unlocked. What do you do on alts now that you don't do on your main that keeps you from getting burnt out? As stated above, the AP and Argunite from completing the quest campaign is huge. With more AK it will be even more. Hell, I kind of wish I had waited in my main to do the whole thing since it's worth so much
    1 hour to unlock everything through the dungeon? There's more than an hour of RP in that set of quests, much less travel time and actually doing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's not about the rep, it's about the argus whistle being gated by rep.
    IMO what you are talking about isn't an issue with how the rep works for alts, it is an issue with what they have chosen to lock behind rep. Exalted almost always gives you something you want, but would have to earn independently on each alt. That is what is the same about how rep has always worked.

And personally, with the whistle, if I am going to be doing enough on Argus for it to make a difference, I am going to be exalted anyway. I think there are bigger things to complain about, like how obnoxious it is to get a relic and not be able to use it or even know how good it is without going to the effing crucible. But whatever, we all get to complain about what we want to complain about.