Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Drain That Swamp!

It's time for: Drain That Swamp!

Ethics office allows WH staff to accept anonymous gifts for legal defense funds

Ethics office allows WH staff to accept anonymous gifts for legal defense funds: report
    © Getty Images
    The Office of Government Ethics (OGE) has reportedly altered a policy that previously prevented staff members with legal defense funds from accepting donations from lobbyists.

According to a report in Politico published Wednesday, the OGE has changed the policy, meaning White House staff members with defense funds can now accept donations that were once forbidden.

The recent reversal dates back to an office guidance during the administration of former President Bill Clinton, which ultimately urged lawyers to steer clear of donations from lobbyists after first saying such donations were allowed.
    Currently the White House is denying this story. If anyone remembers the head of the Federal Ethics Office stepped down, so I'm sure Steve Kushner is now head of this department. No oversight at all atm.

Just when you thought we were done with Draining the Swamp:

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin requested government jet for European honeymoon

Secretary Steven Mnuchin requested use of a government jet to take him and his wife on their honeymoon in Scotland, France and Italy earlier this summer, sparking an “inquiry” by the Treasury Department's Office of Inspector General, sources tell ABC News.

Officials familiar with the matter say the highly unusual ask for a U.S. Air Force jet, which according to an Air Force spokesman could cost roughly $25,000 per hour to operate, was put in writing by the secretary's office but eventually deemed unnecessary after further consideration of by Treasury Department officials.
    First off since his Gold Digging wife brags how rich they are but need our taxpayer money for a private jet trip. Most of all that good ole SWAMP, of another person who goes into office only to use that office as his own personal expense account. We all know he is a typical sleeze, since his business was centered on predatory loans.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

yea that flight thing really shows the attitude of the entire Trump administration.

The reason he used was ''needed a secure line for just in case'' was flimsy at best and I kind of doubt that any other administration tried to pull this shit off.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you toss enough bodies into the swamp, it will overflow and drain!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Mnuchin is also potentially in trouble for taking a government jet to Fort Knox to watch the eclipse - https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.aa529617f898

It's almost like the millionaires/billionaires that Trump picked to staff his White House are too used to their rich, jetsetting lifestyle and don't want to give any of that up, and are more than happy to continue that kind of behavior on the taxpayers dime since they can't expense it back to their companies or can avoid paying for it themselves.

The sheer scope of the ethical breaches and quandaries this administration has created is mind boggling. If Trumps base actually cared about "draining the swamp" and eliminating corruption, they'd be at the White House fences with torches and pitchforks now.

But many of them don't, as the term was always a rallying cry for anti-establishment sentiment and nothing of actual meaning or value (and was mocked by Trump, who said he never even liked the phrase...to which his supporters still cheered?), so here we are : /

And yet again Trump's friends are using us so they can go have fun. Can't wait to see how some spin this to be a positive in any way.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

hey @Scathbais, this is what I'm talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Drain the swamp" was referring to the Democrat appointed people that were present at the end of Obama's administration. The positions become open so new crocs have to come in, but at least we know these ones support Trump's America first mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Mnuchin is also potentially in trouble for taking a government jet to Fort Knox to watch the eclipse - https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.aa529617f898

It's almost like the millionaires/billionaires that Trump picked to staff his White House are too used to their rich, jetsetting lifestyle and don't want to give any of that up, and are more than happy to continue that kind of behavior on the taxpayers dime since they can't expense it back to their companies or can avoid paying for it themselves.

The sheer scope of the ethical breaches and quandaries this administration has created is mind boggling. If Trumps base actually cared about "draining the swamp" and eliminating corruption, they'd be at the White House fences with torches and pitchforks now.

But many of them don't, as the term was always a rallying cry for anti-establishment sentiment and nothing of actual meaning or value (and was mocked by Trump, who said he never even liked the phrase...to which his supporters still cheered?), so here we are : /
    Oh yeah! That was seriously one of the most asshole moves a rich person could have ever done. Funny how these SMALL government Republicans and the waste and abuse of money and power in government, tend not to see it that way when they can take from the government. This example would be almost Chapter 1 in the playbook for "Why I hate the Goberment".
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    "Drain the swamp" was referring to the Democrat appointed people that were present at the end of Obama's administration. The positions become open so new crocs have to come in, but at least we know these ones support Trump's America first mandate.
    No it wasn't, it was never referring to Democrats/Democratic appointees specifically.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...promise-232938

Here's a pretty decent article about what the swamp actually is, and Trump's abject failure to do "drain" it in the slightest.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, never. It's really funny have you have to change the meaning of trumps words to fit your agenda.
    Trump was using drain the swamp before he was elected.
    It shows how desperate you are, and how meaningless or incomprehensible trumps words are.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Drain the swamp" was referring to the Democrat appointed people that were present at the end of Obama's administration.
    Unfortunately for you, that has never once been what "drain the swamp" meant. You don't just get to make up definition to fit your bias.

At this point just hoping the country is here by the time this sad joke is over. I pity watching outside America and trying to figure out when this madness will end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No it wasn't, it was never referring to Democrats/Democratic appointees specifically.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...promise-232938

Here's a pretty decent article about what the swamp actually is, and Trump's abject failure to do "drain" it in the slightest.
    Yeah I agree it wasn't explicitly referring to Democrats. I was trying to be concise but the reality is that the phrase has multiple angles, some of which have nothing to do with Obama and the two main political parties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree it wasn't explicitly referring to Democrats. I was trying to be concise but the reality is that the phrase has multiple angles, some of which have nothing to do with Obama and the two main political parties.
    It doesn't have multiple angles. What you are doing is spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

The reality is it was never a "partisan" phrase, it was an anti-establishment phrase that would occasionally involve taking shots at Democrats.

I really have no clue where you created the definition that you originally posted, because I even did some casual googling and couldn't turn up shit during the election that would have indicated that your definition was accurate.

Again, it's been about being anti-establishment, including old-guard elected officials, wealthy bankers, wall street, lobbyists, etc. You know, the kinds of folks that Trump ended up packing his administration with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It doesn't have multiple angles. What you are doing is spin.
    I'm saying it could appeal to different people based on different angles.
    - Too much of the swamp is controlled by Democrats.
    - Obama grew corruption and was trying to hand Hillary the reigns.
    - General bureaucracy that stifles business and job creation.
    - Lobbyists as the problem.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-09-15 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Non-Democrats that still have shady motives or don't put the US first.
    Let's be clear here... what you are saying is that it had no meaning. It was short hand for just telling people what they want to hear, but not actually doing anything. If you thought he mean getting lobbyist out, than sure... that's what he meant. If you thought he meant corruption... you got it. Cheese plater every morning? Why not...

It's the same trick that is pulled on you with 'big government' or 'alt-left'... it's exactly what you think... and if you change your mind, it still works... because that's what they really meant...

Sorry for the quality... potatoes and rubber bands...

https://youtu.be/nrBoYKFsRis
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-09-14 at 08:30 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Let's be clear here... what you are saying is that it had no meaning. It was short hand for just telling people what they want to hear, but not actually doing anything.
    Which, let's be honest, is exactly why Trump said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Which, let's be honest, is exactly why Trump said it.
    True... short hand works for short fingered.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

- Non-Democrats that still have shady motives or don't put the US first.
    You really are stretching and filling in allot of you';re own bias assumptions all for the sake of making things even

If Trump actually ment anything he said he would have tried to get rid the entire republican party who couldn't write a healthcare bill without given tax cuts for the very very rich.