Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

With Alleria learning to use the void, players might be able too

I just kind of think that Alleria a seemingly normal elven hunter learning to use the void as her weapon as hinted at by the dialogue on the front page could open up the possibility of a new hero class - people seem to be super hyped on tinkers at the moment and generally adding new specs to old classes doesn't make a lot of sense (Shaman and warlock tanks real?!!) I think this is by far a more likely outcome.

Much like in the way shadow priests tap in to the void because of their artefact if our players can some how learn to use the void much like we learnt how to become monks when Panda's left the wandering isles we could get some really interesting specs.

In honesty I think it would likely be a two class spec, a ranged bow using class championed by alleria - I guess it would be akin to shadow hunters, void arrows and volleys - I probably just make it sound like a purple hunter but then again I don't claim to be a class designer, the other spec would likely be a melee void class using void tendrils, teleports void tears as like a dot or something.

I don't really know - it just seems like an interesting idea given what's happened to alleria and a more likely class than tinkers

Dark Rangers.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleybp View Post
    In honesty I think it would likely be a two class spec, a ranged bow using class championed by alleria - I guess it would be akin to shadow hunters, void arrows and volleys - I probably just make it sound like a purple hunter but then again I don't claim to be a class designer, the other spec would likely be a melee void class using void tendrils, teleports void tears as like a dot or something.
    So either Kassadin or Varus?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So either Kassadin or Varus?
    Yeah basically something along those lines, abeit a little more fleshed out but it atleast seems like a more likely outcome.

Shadow hunters/dark rangers was another one akin to like vudoo zandalari warriors that use bows and curses/poisons which could still be a possibility if we get a south seas expansion but I feel like there is definitely space for another bow wielding class and with this happening to alleria I think it is likely - evenmore so that we get her family bow and dialogue with the hunters say she might need it back eventually

I definitely think this sets up a potential light/dark(/arcane?) Ranger class. I don't think it will be the next class though, unless we go directly into a Void Lord expansion.

We're going to Kul'tiras if the leaks are true, and if we're fighting Naga then we'll have to wait a little longer for a Dark Ranger class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

4th spec for Hunters confirmed

4th Mail class, 2nd bow/crossbow class. I'm ready. Can also add a healer spec to it and basically be like Ana from Overwatch where you shoot friendlies to heal. Would be interesting.

With Alleria being effectively a Void Ranger, it gives potential for the Alliance to have the "Dark Ranger" archetype alongside of Sylvanas. But I see next expansion being an overhaul/upgrade on character customization and maybe a new race. Judging by the Dialogue it looks like Horde is getting Nightborn Elves. But they could go the route of Pandas and give them to both sides too.

I've already posted as I see this as a possible extension of what was Artifacts. Players could learn to use the Void to alter/power up their abilities and change up how they play. This could be a form of endless progression like the current Artifacts.

I see this as a more likely scenario than another Class. Blizzard doesn't do classes in back-to-back expansions, though obviously I could be wrong. I just feel they need something to turn the Artifact System into, and the stuff Alleria is learning could make way for her being our "teacher" in how to use the Void as a weapon ourselves.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I wouldn't get hopes up too high about dark ranger. None of the new classes they have released have been a pure dps class. I fail to see how they can make a tank or heal spec out of it when Survival wasn't made to tank.

The Priest class hall and, to some extent, the Priest revamp in general, seems to want to pitch this idea of balance, with Light and Void both being important. I was wondering if Alleria getting this power was to set up us having a major character more in-tune with it to help sell that part of the story. Perhaps she could even be a Void equivalent to Velen for Anduin. I could see them going down a diplomatic Balance route for him.

That doesn't preclude her from also teaching a wider variety of characters how to be a Dark Ranger, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    4th Mail class, 2nd bow/crossbow class. I'm ready. Can also add a healer spec to it and basically be like Ana from Overwatch where you shoot friendlies to heal. Would be interesting.
    wait what? we have hunters and shamans and.... what? 4th mail class? O_o we don't even have a 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I've already posted as I see this as a possible extension of what was Artifacts. Players could learn to use the Void to alter/power up their abilities and change up how they play. This could be a form of endless progression like the current Artifacts.

I see this as a more likely scenario than another Class. Blizzard doesn't do classes in back-to-back expansions, though obviously I could be wrong. I just feel they need something to turn the Artifact System into, and the stuff Alleria is learning could make way for her being our "teacher" in how to use the Void as a weapon ourselves.
    I think the Netherlight Crucible also points this way. I think what Art progession has represented this expac will become a light/void pathway tree to alter and/or enhance abilities or talents next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    *grumbles* I'd rather have a Tinker, then.

Though, when we talk Alleria, I think she might have more control than we would yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Isn't Alleria basically doing what a Shadow Priest does with an added bow?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Isn't Alleria basically doing what a Shadow Priest does with an added bow?
    And less void.

I'd like to see Arms get its Shadow clicky expanded on.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

NPCs don't have to follow the rules when it comes to using abilities. You can't really assume that their actions will affect what we will do. That being said, there's definitely been some major stuff about balancing light and void and using them to your advantage. Even Velen didn't pitch a fit when when brought a void object to him. (and you'd think he'd be the last guy to accept it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post

Basically this, the Crucible seems to be their test ground. I wouldn't mind a progression system where we actually have to choose between x or y powers (while maybe attaining the 'balance' as an extra mechanic) without some bullshit RNG. It would also solve the problem of artifacts being spec-specific.

Deleted
    How does Alleria being a ranger have anything to do with anything? It's the "wielding the void" that's the thing to take out of this. Would be a pretty nonsensical precursor of a new class or spec. I can see however each class and spec wielding void in some form sooner or later and this incident being the precursor to explaining how that works.