Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The void and the fel are way too similar, just like the arcane and the light

Questing in Mac'aree has confirmed my worst suspiction. As concept, the void is just fel with purple tones. They both want to consume everything. They extend like butter over the land and corrupt it. They are destructive forces, just like the light and the arcane are set to be constructive.

I think there should have been a bigger effort to actually separate eachother.

The next expansion will be just like Legion: "This big thing is going to destroy us all and there is no hope but the heroes save the day".

It makes 0 sense that the legion wants to stop the void by destroying every world ever because they are evil, but the legion itself is the same doing things like creating the scourge, deceiving, etc. They also want to corrupt azeroth, not destroy it.

I personally would have left the Legion to be the bad guys and I would have made the void something else.

They are not that similar for me, though I'd rather not having another black/green expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they could stand to get a bit more creative with it.

If it were up to me, I'd have it be:

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2017-09-15 at 12:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not looking forward to purple fel either. Hopefully we see more thematic variation, but Blizzard is hell-bent on colour-coding every faction to fit the theme park.

It seems you like completely misunderstood the whole point of the void. Its emptiness actualized. Endless hunger that exists to consume. The legion is just a destructive army trying to stop it by stomping out life. The void wants to consume reality.

Fel magic is chaos, it is demons and fire. The void is alien nothingness, and eldritch darkness.

The legion is the covenant. Or a flamethrower. The void is the flood. Or a sentient black hole.

They just need to go for the more tentacled route for void, actually make it pop out of the ground instead of just paint it black. For all the faults Dragon Soul had, the maws were pretty badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    What's interesting is that they've FINALLY made clear that the Light isn't inherently good. It's clearly neutral. This in turn makes the Void potentially non-totally evil. Who knows if we get a plot twist and N'zoth is used to protect Azeroth after all from the Light lol

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

yeah, I also thought they did a pretty bad job at making the diffrence clear. Sargeras was supposed to be world destroyy, while the void was supposed to corrupt stuff, but then the void lord yells about ending all life.
    Doesnt help that they didnt really show that the two are fighting. Sargeras whole motivation is supposed to be preventing the void from messing with Titan babies, but then we find void chilling out on his own personal titan baby world without any signs of struggle.
    So far I dont think a void expansion will interest me much. I really hope they will go with another theme than "big evil doom"
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    They just need to go for the more tentacled route for void, actually make it pop out of the ground instead of just paint it black. For all the faults Dragon Soul had, the maws were pretty badass.
    They've been gradually unifying the elements of Old God stuff with Void stuff. In Mac'Aree there's a couple of Void creatures who have tendrils of darkness coming off them, and some voidwalkers summon void-tentacles that act like Old God tentacles. I suspect it will grow gradually more unified so that the gooey organic eldritch stuff of the Old Gods blends more seamlessly with the darkness of the Void.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It seems you like completely misunderstood the whole point of the void. Its emptiness actualized. Endless hunger that exists to consume. The legion is just a destructive army trying to stop it by stomping out life. The void wants to consume reality.

Fel magic is chaos, it is demons and fire. The void is alien nothingness, and eldritch darkness.

The legion is the covenant. Or a flamethrower. The void is the flood. Or a sentient black hole.
    At the end they are the same with subtle differences, palette colours and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

But....the Covenant are purple, and the flood is green....
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Void is neater looking than Fel though!

Just look at them swirling void areas in Mac'aree... beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    What's interesting is that they've FINALLY made clear that the Light isn't inherently good. It's clearly neutral. This in turn makes the Void potentially non-totally evil. Who knows if we get a plot twist and N'zoth is used to protect Azeroth after all from the Light lol
    I mean, we have shadow mad voidshadow priests running around fighting on our side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Yeah I'm not looking forward to purple fel either. Hopefully we see more thematic variation, but Blizzard is hell-bent on colour-coding every faction to fit the theme park.
    Exactly. Just like corruption, the "hurr balance of the elements" have been a recurring theme for way too long. Even Ragnaros made "druids of the flame".

There are no characters in this universe. There are only colours:

You are red: Ragnaros corrupted you.
    You are green: Fel corrupted you.
    You are purple: Void corrupted you.
    You are yellow: Light corrupted you.

etc etc

Educate yourself better:

7+ Year Old Account

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    close but fel is chaos not "destruction"
    and light is holy not creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    Exactly. Just like corruption, the "hurr balance of the elements" have been a recurring theme for way too long. Even Ragnaros made "druids of the flame".

There are no characters in this universe. There are only colours:

You are red: Ragnaros corrupted you.
    You are green: Fel corrupted you.
    You are purple: Void corrupted you.
    You are yellow: Light corrupted you.

etc etc
    And is that not good story telling?
    that everything is the same, everything has its own kind of corruption, everything cant create, everything can destroy, that the light is nopt some all holy never wrong doing force, that it has faults and wants of it own.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    What I'd like to see is Void Lords influencing mortals in a different way than Old Gods. Old Gods are chaotic creatures with no other objective than to corrupt whatever's around them. Their minions are either insane or just monsters. They're biological weapons, magical in nature, and sentient, but not actually that smart.

Void Lords could have a more intelligent approach to the idea of conquering reality. They could offer real power with no attachments, power that would eventually turn those who hold it into cold, distant agents of the Void. Not because they're corrupted, but because they no longer care about the reality that limited them. I'm thinking of characters like the Outsider from Dishonored or the G-Man from Half-Life.

These characters wouldn't be insane, they'd just wouldn't care about the world that we're trying to protect, it would seem insignificant to their schemes. I think that has a lot more potential than any amount of "Void-corrupted" creatures.

15+ Year Old Account
    It makes 0 sense that the legion wants to stop the void by destroying every world ever because they are evil, but the legion itself is the same doing things like creating the scourge, deceiving, etc. They also want to corrupt azeroth, not destroy it.
    Because the Legion thinks the only way to stop it is by controlling everything. Remaking everything. Which they very well could stop the void that way.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

At the end they are the same with subtle differences, palette colours and goals.
    They aren't the same in any way other than that they're both potentially universe destroying. The differences aren't subtle at all.

When you concentrate fel magic and hurl it at someone, green fire slams into them incinerates their flesh and poisons their blood. When you concentrate void magic and hurl that at someone, it leeches out their life force and haunts their thoughts and dreams,slowly turning them into a whispering gangly half-feral shadow of themselves.

When the fel infests a planet, it scorches and blackens and cracks it to pieces. When the void infests a world it starts being consumed like a black hole might.

All the playable races have 2 legs and 2 arms. Bullshit game.