Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    close but fel is chaos not "destruction"
    and light is holy not creation.
    Those are what I wanted them to be, is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It seems you like completely misunderstood the whole point of the void. Its emptiness actualized. Endless hunger that exists to consume. The legion is just a destructive army trying to stop it by stomping out life. The void wants to consume reality.
    Fel magic is chaos, it is demons and fire. The void is alien nothingness, and eldritch darkness.
    The legion is the covenant. Or a flamethrower. The void is the flood. Or a sentient black hole.
    I feel the quoted text is a good explanation of the difference between fel and void.
    Also i find the arcane and light to be extremely different.

Light seems to function on the basis of faith and empathy and emotion.
    Arcane seems to act like an exact science - mages use it as energy to create precise portals and incredible constructs.

Deleted
    Probably troll post but still, your comparisons are not fitting well.

Fel is the counterpart to life, that is why fel-touched areas are supposed to feel lifeless. Only non-living stuff (dust, stone) and lingering green fel magic remain there.

Void is the counterpart to light. It literally consumes anything it touches and, as you can see, this even affects whole planets, since they are slowly consumed by the void.

Arcane is basically raw magic. It does not really fit anything of that and could be considered neutral at best I guess.

So long story short, shut up those new areas influenced by the void look amazing and it actually shows us how dire the situation is. :>

Funnily enough this whole situation is once again, that we attack and defeat a force (back in BC for example Illidan, now the Legion) that tries to turn down an even greater danger (back in BC for example Arthas, now the Void).

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, they could stand to get a bit more creative with it.

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    What I think is going to happen, is that we are going to get a break down of the order of magic soon. Sorry, but this is going to be a dual power origin story like The Force in Star Wars.

Void Magics - Chaos - Death, Destruction,
    Light Magics - Order - Holy, Creation

And each one of those, can spawn different magics, with Primal Energies(Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind) used as a base. For example, Fel is Destruction magic based on Fire. But Primals can also be used on either side, like Life Magic for Earth.

While, Light and Void are capable of enhancing as a base, it's also gives birth of different magic based on intent of use.

For example, Tirion Fordring was enhanced by the the Light, through Holy Magic to break the Ice Block the LK used on us.

At least, this is where I see it going. Probably wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I mean, we have shadow mad voidshadow priests running around fighting on our side.
    Though in lore they're marginal and shunned. With a few exceptions as always.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Sargeras whole motivation is supposed to be preventing the void from messing with Titan babies, but then we find void chilling out on his own personal titan baby world without any signs of struggle.
    surprised this hasn't occurred to anyone else

15+ Year Old Account
    Void and Fel are completely different, mainly, Fel is destructive and it´s main purpose is that, creatures corrupted by it become violent and addicted to that power rush, in some manner, or have traits resembling that tendency.

Void is more subtle, it´s doesn´t leave you even if you aren´t aligned with it, but stays there, until you turn to it and devours you slowly, at first, whispers of power, later, they corrupt until you are obsessed with the void and it devouring everything in the universe.

Personally, although i like the concepts that fel and void energies are different, turning some fantasies like the paladin or the priest into just another type of mages, kinda destroys the classic concept. No more divine heroes or saviors, just mages with different lights and shadows.

Fel is about destruction , and void is about the corruption of life .. the perversion of it into something unnatural

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I also thought they did a pretty bad job at making the diffrence clear. Sargeras was supposed to be world destroyy, while the void was supposed to corrupt stuff, but then the void lord yells about ending all life.
    Doesnt help that they didnt really show that the two are fighting. Sargeras whole motivation is supposed to be preventing the void from messing with Titan babies, but then we find void chilling out on his own personal titan baby world without any signs of struggle.
    So far I dont think a void expansion will interest me much. I really hope they will go with another theme than "big evil doom"
    QFT
    /thread
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Only in the eyes of people whom color code expansions rather than seeing all the things that are not ice, not fire, not fel, not void...

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    All the playable races have 2 legs and 2 arms. Bullshit game.
    Calling it now, the new race (this is a race expansion if you follow the class\race adding previously, WoD was an aberration in that respect as well) is Ethereals.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras whole motivation is supposed to be preventing the void from messing with Titan babies, but then we find void chilling out on his own personal titan baby world without any signs of struggle.
    Fel and Void has always had some sort of connection. Void Lords are a demon under control of warlocks despite the ones on Argus being labeled as an aberration rather then a demon. I think fel naturally attracts the void to some degree and I don't think it was until recently that the ethereal showed up to really quick the void into over drive.

In the grand scheme of Argus that little section could be all the places the void exists. Which is relatively small. And likely easily kept in check by demons if needed. It is hard to see though since the Legion is weaker then they were due to the failed invasion of Azeroth and we are really mucking up their plans.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    The fel and void both end with the same result, but get there in different ways. The void eats away life, the fel burns it away. Food vs. Fuel. The void is predictable while the fel is not, entropic erosion can be calculated, while something purely infused with fel is very unstable and could explode at any moment. Fel = Supernova, Void = Black Hole.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    What's interesting is that they've FINALLY made clear that the Light isn't inherently good. It's clearly neutral. This in turn makes the Void potentially non-totally evil. Who knows if we get a plot twist and N'zoth is used to protect Azeroth after all from the Light lol
    Nah, while it sounds awesome, I don't trust Blizz writers to manage it properly

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destructione
    Void - potential
    I believe it's more like:

Light - order
    Arcane - creation
    Fel - destruction
    Void - chaos

And we will soon discover that Elune is the goddess of true balance and the creator of the titans (maybe even of the universe itself), who watches over them while they're in their nascent form. Azeroth in turn will be the ultimate balanced titan, neither dominated by the light nor by the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    What's interesting is that they've FINALLY made clear that the Light isn't inherently good. It's clearly neutral. This in turn makes the Void potentially non-totally evil. Who knows if we get a plot twist and N'zoth is used to protect Azeroth after all from the Light lol
    Or all of magical forces are bad in their own ways, and mortals are unfortunate pawns. Who's to say what actually happens to a planet when its world soul awakens? What if everyone on Azeroth is just food for the world soul within?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerm View Post
    Or all of magical forces are bad in their own ways, and mortals are unfortunate pawns. Who's to say what actually happens to a planet when its world soul awakens? What if everyone on Azeroth is just food for the world soul within?
    Exactly, we're our very own enemies! /paranoia

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    I believe it's more like:

Light - order
    Arcane - creation
    Fel - destruction
    Void - chaos

And we will soon discover that Elune is the goddess of true balance and the creator of the titans (maybe even of the universe itself), who watches over them while they're in their nascent form. Azeroth in turn will be the ultimate balanced titan, neither dominated by the light nor by the void.
    I liked to think of them as Light being the raw, creative energy bringing things into existence, Arcane being what grants rules to what exists, Fel breaking down the rules and thus yielding tremendous destructive, corrosive energy (like splitting an atom to get an explosion and fallout radiation) and Void representing possibility - what does not exist, but could. Light existed for an eternity as raw energy but did not bring anything else into being - only when what exists faded leaving an emptiness in existence did Void come into being, representing what did not exist but the infinite possibility of what might exist. Then Light and Void collided and brought all other things into being - Light's infinite creative powers making things real out of Void's infinite possibility.

That's why Void entities hunger to devour existence - they have the desire to become truly real, and need to consume the 'reality' of other things to exist.

That's how I'd do it, anyway.

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    Chronicles has:

Arcane - Order
    Fel- Disorder
    Nature- Life
    Necromantic- Death

Then Light and Shadow(void) with nothing I think because they are the two fundamental forces which make up everything.

Light - creation
    Arcane - order
    Fel - destruction
    Void - potential
    Void is consumption, Light Creates, VOid consumes, Fel Recycles, Fel is a corruption of Arcane and by the implications though not confirmed PROBABLY borrows its power FROM the void in order to become Fel in the first place, which is somethinng ive always speculated, but never confirmed.

It would make sense though if the void is supposedly the greater power. Sargeras allegedly created the Fel after all, it had to come from somewhere, my thesis is, the fel is a result of the void being induced into the arcane which corrupted it, adding that element of consuming life to create greater power.

However, unlike the void, the Fel can also *create* life as it is a harmony of Light and Dark too, on the spectrum, fel is surpisingly *high* on the field of power, which leads me to believe Fel is a mix of Light/Void/Arcane that was turned into a chaotic hybrid of all three, essentially, it was born as an unorigional thing, and turned into something of its own. Fel can create life, and even restore it, but it must also consume in order to do this. The void consumes to create life too, but the Fel seems far less, demanding even if it becomes far more corrupting.