Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The arena games is blasphemy, classes are so unbalanced that you can grade them from SSS tier to F. You can't win if you play a F Tier class vs anything that's A, S, SS, or SSS

The market has spoken: Arenas are not interesting from a viewing standpoint. Blizzard needs to accept this and move the competitive scene from arenas to something like 6v6 RBGs.

Objective-based PvP is inherently more interesting and more accessible to the casual than team deathmatch.

The only time I ever consider watching it is when my class is in play (which doesn't happen often sadly) to learn. Other than that, why bother? I hardly imagine anybody who doesn't do arenas himself would watch this, and certainly nobody who doesn't play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    You dont find it fun to watch cause you don't understand what's happening, when they dodge an important CC or similar.

yeah yeah, having healing being the center of PvP is not fun, obviously?... it's a negative role meaning it's purpose is not to make things (aka kills) happen but rather prevent others from doing it, therefore it leads to stalemates and the omnipresent dampening which essentially 'balances' healers after some minutes have passed

the concept of spammable heals is anachronistic and outdated but for a developer to act with that in heart it requires a distanced PoV that will allow him to see the big picture rather than get lost in the details and balls of steel to risk openly displeasing all those players who have tasted success all those years on the backs of fotm DPS + meta healers

E-sports and MMO's...

Yeah....

You dont mix the two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I tune in for a quick snip of the embarrassing Arena Championships (that a whopping 14,000 people are watching) and like, holy mother of fuck. It's no secret that WoW Arenas are bad but Jesus Christ.

Matches are so fucking drawn out and literally nothing happens. It's just boring PvPing until dampening happens (which essentially means everything prior to dampening is just pointless filler) and then it's a drawn out series of people getting stunned, bursted to 20% health, popping a defensive, getting healed to full, rinse repeat, etc. One guy dies and the match is over, apparently, because everyone just gives up right away (that's the state of WoW PvP, there's no comeback game).

This would be fine, whatever, good for people who think this is fun and cool, but the offensive thing to me is how much serious effort Blizzard has put into this. The multiple commentators, the setup to make everything look like a "legitimate" e-sport. Jesus God Damn.

Jesus God Damn. It's too much for me.

Anyways; who else feels this way? I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could actually find 'high-level' WoW Arenas fun to watch. They are criminally fucking boring. If you actually enjoy them, what makes you find them interesting? I am legitimately curious.
    Its like soccer. Whooping 4bil people are watching it(CL starts today, yay!). You dont find it interesting? Maybe you should write at Fifas webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I used to watch PvP vids all the time in Vanilla. That's the PvP people want to see.

Thats why even a 60 min game of League of legends CAN be fun to watch because of clutch moments.
    Yeah - edited videos with the highlights of PvP (Bgs, Arena, World PvP) was really cool back in the day. I don't mind the streaming now, can be fun - but there is a lot going on in 3v3, and when it's watched live, not edited, it becomes hard to distinguish what's really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I've been saying this shit for years. There is nothing fun about watching a bunch of healers fucking pillar hump each other for 30 fucking minutes.

An ARENA... or a coliseum, if we are talking about ancient times and its purpose, is about death and carnage. Nobody, NOBODY EVER would have been cheered or praised for running away and hiding. Yet in WoW... you win by being a cunt.

Its the same reason Mayweather is so hated... because hes a fucking pussy who runs around for an hour. Fuck him... fuck arenas.
    vehemently said but true nonetheless. Healing is waaaay too easy at the moment. Which brings me to this conclusion. bracket arenas. simply put any team with a healer in one bracket and any team without in a completely separate bracket. Bam done. No more outlast comps. And it would bring people back into arena to have fun while still being competitive.
    The value of bringing a healer should increase as team size increases. As it stands right now that is not the case as they are worth at least 2 to 3 dps in almost every setting. take for example in 2's. they should not be able to stop 2 dps from killing his 1 dps or him reliably but that is far from the case unless otherwise misplayed.

Deleted
    there is little skill in arena, people saying oh well it is just because you can't do it are ridiculous.

Arena is not a test of your PvP ability. it is a test of who can stand to grind the hundreds of games throughout a season without wanting to cry.

give us a 40 vs 40 zerg with a commander on each side and with the ability to manage the overall strategy. now that I would watch. 3vs3 autism in arena is nothing I would ever care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena just sucks, that's nothing new.

It's boring to watch and boring to play.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I tune in for a quick snip of the embarrassing Arena Championships (that a whopping 14,000 people are watching) and like, holy mother of fuck. It's no secret that WoW Arenas are bad but Jesus Christ.

Matches are so fucking drawn out and literally nothing happens. It's just boring PvPing until dampening happens (which essentially means everything prior to dampening is just pointless filler) and then it's a drawn out series of people getting stunned, bursted to 20% health, popping a defensive, getting healed to full, rinse repeat, etc. One guy dies and the match is over, apparently, because everyone just gives up right away (that's the state of WoW PvP, there's no comeback game).

This would be fine, whatever, good for people who think this is fun and cool, but the offensive thing to me is how much serious effort Blizzard has put into this. The multiple commentators, the setup to make everything look like a "legitimate" e-sport. Jesus God Damn.

Jesus God Damn. It's too much for me.

Anyways; who else feels this way? I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could actually find 'high-level' WoW Arenas fun to watch. They are criminally fucking boring. If you actually enjoy them, what makes you find them interesting? I am legitimately curious.
    And there I was over all those years telling y'all how lame the arena was, and how it was teaching you bad habits!!!

Perhaps you guys should have listened sooner......
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

I enjoy watching them. I can see how its not for everyone, but i would probably go as far as to say the op does not like playing arena that much if they don't enjoy watching the finals (might not be the case but by the language of offensively boring, i suspect it to be so).

Its another matter however to say you enjoy arena but don't think its a spectators sport, that is a much more interesting topic as in how would you fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    I enjoy watching them. I can see how its not for everyone, but i would probably go as far as to say the op does not like playing arena that much if they don't enjoy watching the finals (might not be the case but by the language of offensively boring, i suspect it to be so).

Its another matter however to say you enjoy arena but don't think its a spectators sport, that is a much more interesting topic as in how would you fix it?
    On some level I like watching it too.

Just imagine watching ME playing in an RBG tourn at Blizzcon though!!!

THAT is what I would think y'all would want to see, but perhaps the community just isn't ready for that yet.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-14 at 10:55 PM.

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    People who are watching competitive events shouldn't be required to know A LOT about what they're watching to understand what's going on. They should just know the gist of it, not all the details.
    This is some pretty funny shit coming from someone who most likely knows what a good baseball game is like, or a good cricket match, but almost certainly not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    This is some pretty funny shit coming from someone who most likely knows what a good baseball game is like, or a good cricket match, but almost certainly not both.
    The ARENA though really doesn't make a very good spectator sport, and I feel that is very relevant in this thread.

RBGs would be like infinitely better in this way guys.

In BGs there is simply more going on, and they are far more teamwork oriented, and strategy based compared to arenas, on multiple levels even.
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-14 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    The ARENA though really doesn't make a very good spectator sport, and I feel that is very relevant in this thread.

RBGs would be like infinitely better in this way guys.

In BGs there is simply more going on, and they are far more teamwork oriented, and strategy based compared to arenas, on multiple levels even.
    i have to say i'd much rather watch rbg's then competitive mythics, i'm not sure why they did not try rbgs first.

Lots of people watch dota that doesn't understand it at a deeper level. I don't think Blizzard really cares about esports anyway. They had wc3 and starcraft, but that was a long time ago. They should have renewed it like counter strike was, but instead they just fucked up with starcraft 2.

Deleted
    WoW isn't an "esport" and never will be, neither pve nor pvp. However for a time there was a sizeable pvp community that enjoyed watching the tournaments in TBC/Wotlk, it's a shame this community was killed off by activision.

The only esport I could ever watch was quake 3/live, and it was the only esport that I could introduce to laypeople that they could enjoy without knowing anything about the game, perhaps why it survived for so long. I find a major problem with most modern esports is that their viewerbase are just players of that game, and the skillsets involved in the games are completely useless outside that specific game.