10+ Year Old Account
    I actually dont care about broadcasters. I gewnerally regard it as white noise.

Unless they are super super super bad. Like the one time during a college game one announcer referred to a pair of twins playing as unrelated to eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bengals v Texans oh goody a battle of who's worse! Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Bengals v Texans oh goody a battle of who's worse! Can't wait.
    Yeah, not staying up for that one. In fact, I probably won't stay up for any of the Thursday games this year except the Pats one. Staying up that late on a Thursday just screws me up so bad, cause it adds a day to my week where I'm off my sleep schedule. It would be less bad if it was on Saturday or Tuesday, and it's just 3 days of going to bed late in a row. But Thursday just sticks out in the middle of the rest of the week and means extra days of getting into and out of a sleep schedule.

Fact these teams played horribly last Sunday just makes it even easier to not watch it.

Then again, Texans-Bengals last year was kind of interesting, was one of those late season games where both team needed to win, and the Texans dragged it out of the fire at the end after being behind. So who knows what this might turn into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, not staying up for that one. In fact, I probably won't stay up for any of the Thursday games this year except the Pats one. Staying up that late on a Thursday just screws me up so bad, cause it adds a day to my week where I'm off my sleep schedule. It would be less bad if it was on Saturday or Tuesday, and it's just 3 days of going to bed late in a row. But Thursday just sticks out in the middle of the rest of the week and means extra days of getting into and out of a sleep schedule.

Fact these teams played horribly last Sunday just makes it even easier to not watch it.

Then again, Texans-Bengals last year was kind of interesting, was one of those late season games where both team needed to win, and the Texans dragged it out of the fire at the end after being behind. So who knows what this might turn into.
    Problem is that this game is one of the 3 games that's on a good time for me. 10:30am. Other 2 are GB v ATL (WOOT) and Lions/Giants. So I'm kinda have to watch if I want my football fix! Not gonna stay up until 3am for all the other games and go to bed at 6. Only if the Falcons playing :P

I couldn't be assed to wake up at 6am. I just find that inherently wrong.

Ironically, I just realised I posted this comment at 3am.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-09-13 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    TIL that Dak Prescott can become the first player in NFL history to throw 5 or fewer interceptions in his first 500 attempts. He's currently at 4 int on 498 attempts.
    you cursed him, damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, the Texans play tomorrow, with zero tight ends healthy on the roster. Gonna be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Matt Prater had an interesting week one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8xRz0Lp0As

- - - Updated - - -

Also also, Brian Cushing suspended for ten games https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...79234467463169

No idea if Prater had punted before outside of in practice for emergency situations, but he is one of the kickers that would probably be good at it without too much work.

Is Chris Clark still a Texan? I wouldn't be surprised if he would be a better TE than RT (keeping in mind that bar is pretty low).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also also, Brian Cushing suspended for ten games https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...79234467463169
    Not surprising at all. Kinda sucked last week until he left the game. Dude is done.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Smith surprisingly candid about the assumption this is his last season in KC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-next-season/

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything tells me tonight's game will suck.

And yet it's football, what to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted the Saints to draft Watson, I'll definitely be watching to see how he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Everything tells me tonight's game will suck.

And yet it's football, what to do...
    I had a similar conundrum. Do I:

A) Not watch the game at all, be kinda bored screwing around in WoW, not able to post or look in this thread or on twitter for fear of spoilers and be kind of miserable till I go to bed.

B) Watch the game till it's near my bed time, struggle (or fail!) to stop watching, go to bed too late, probably have trouble getting too sleep if the game was exciting, feel miserable in the morning when I have to wake up, and STILL have to watch the end of the game and have to dodge spoilers till I do.

Neither option is very fun, but I definitely can;t stay up and watch the game till the end, so that's my options.

(it's almost certainly going to be (B) cause I can at least hope that the game just sucks and I'm happy to go to bed just so I can stop watching it. It's Thursday and these teams sucked last Sunday, so the odds are in my favour.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the Bengals version of color rush, I keep thinking I'm watching the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't like the Bengals version of color rush, I keep thinking I'm watching the Browns.
    If they play like last week you won't be able to tell the difference anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If they play like last week you won't be able to tell the difference anyway.
    Based on Sunday I'd rather it was the Browns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both these teams suck on offense. I think I was wise to go with option B, no way will I feel bad about not staying up to watch this end.

- - - Updated - - -

At least the Texans defense knows what it;s doing it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is going exactly as I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deshaun Watson is doing his O-line absolutely no favours. They are bad, but he's also not getting the ball out fast enough. Takes ages when he has to go through reads. That 3rd and goal, I'm 100% sure that BoB gave him a quick read quick throw play there and he should have either made the play or thrown it away. The way he ended up doing it he nearly got sacked for a huge loss, then threw the ball into a convergence of players where his guys only had marginaly more chance to get the ball than the D did.

I'm not a fan of his play so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is an insult to humanity

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that was a pretty good run by Watson there.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Deshaun Watson is doing his O-line absolutely no favours. They are bad, but he's also not getting the ball out fast enough. Takes ages when he has to go through reads. That 3rd and goal, I'm 100% sure that BoB gave him a quick read quick throw play there and he should have either made the play or thrown it away. The way he ended up doing it he nearly got sacked for a huge loss, then threw the ball into a convergence of players where his guys only had marginaly more chance to get the ball than the D did.

I'm not a fan of his play so far.
    Rookie QBs hang on to the ball much longer than vets. I do think its dumb to start Watson against the Bengals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Rookie QBs hang on to the ball much longer than vets. I do think its dumb to start Watson against the Bengals.
    Think Savage coulda done better? I somehow doubt it.