Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    My brothers having a kid, he hasn't listened to any of my advice. I told him that his passport is in date and he should get on the next plane to anywhere, cut all ties and start over. The worst STD you can catch is pregnancy.

He won't name it after me or use my second suggestion 'Marmaduke' as its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And I'd say your avoiding the fact there are to many dam people in the world already and we don't need more screwing up the planet, environments, atmosphere, seas, wildlife, all because of the mass of resources needed to support such a huge population. Or isn't the example in japan of people living in micro houses an example there being an overpopulation?

now if some natural disasters, like a super volcano going off, culled the species by a good number, and yeah it will happen eventually, then the argument of 'we need more children' might have some weight to it.
    Assuming your argument (which I don't agree with) that more people always correlates with a worsening environment, what you will have with that philosophy is a generation of people who give a crap and die without kids while the less intelligent population that doesn't give a crap breeds like rabbits and uses more resources.

Most of the examples of micro houses are really a poor example-- its people who move to urban centers to pursue what they see is better lifestyles when in reality even the most overcrowded cities are populated by people who certainly have the option to move somewhere not so crowded. Of course, Japan might be the literal worst example since its a relatively geographically small island country.

Of course, people already are having less kids, its just that the people we want having kids are the ones deciding not to have them, and the people we don't want to have kids are having the most. I'd be willing to bet the average user of this forum, even the people I disagree with almost everything on have IqS in the 105-115 range, and also have far fewer children than your average person.