Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of us are already judging you just for not being able to know how messed up this is. This is a dead person's memorial. Who cares about the character that was mysteriously removed. Someone died in real life. Do you really have so little respect and honor?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Is your life so miserable that you have to be an a$$hole to people trying to mourn the loss of someone who actually died? And you come here to make a pointless thread, which its only purpose is to gloat at your own stupidity?
    Just because there aren't rules stopping you doesn't mean it's right. There used to be something called common decency. Guess now it's all worth it for profoundly stupid and vapid memes

So I looked around on the Blizzard forums and it seems that this is indeed a real event.

Attention-seekers have announced their intent like act like tossers on the thread, so it will not come as a surprise to the GM.

Do it. RP has no place on the internet.

Only do it if you say "Lady Windrunner sends her regards" as you kill them.

Then put the video up on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it.

Twitch it.

Record it.

YouTube it.

What better memorial could you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Its PvP tho.
    can =/= should

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were me (as in, a funeral for me) I'd be totally ok with people crashing it and pvping. Then again, I loved pvp so maybe that's what you should find out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So the Alliance on my server are doing some sort of memorial service for this guy who died 3 years ago that happened to be in their guild. Not sure how long he was with their guild but his character was only lvl 68 (they said that was his main but later stated that his name was some other name that has since been removed from the guild "mysteriously"). But I digress. They claim that they've been doing this for the past 2 years & this year they went on the realm forums and opened it up to and/all Alliance that want to attend. They stated the date & time in their post along with where in SW they will meet up and end up inside of SW.

So that leads me to my question. Is it wrong to put a raid group together and raid SW around the time that they want to have this little shindig? I mean like killing the King and then moving over to where they said they plan on ending the event at and killing any/all Alliance along the way that are flagged.
    u want to do it, and u know y!
    after all its a *roleplaying* game, not a funeral. so as u Horde say: Lok`Narash!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    So I looked around on the Blizzard forums and it seems that this is indeed a real event.

Attention-seekers have announced their intent like act like tossers on the thread, so it will not come as a surprise to the GM.
    Yes indeed there is a thread on the Emerald Dream-US forums about this event. ITS HERE. It says:

Three years ago, The Requiem Knights lost one of our most beloved guildmates to illness. For the past two years we've held a private guild memorial service to honor his memory. This year, we invite the Alliance of Emerald Dream to remember one of the most amazing people to have ever played, and loved, World of Warcraft. We plan on grouping up at Stormwind gates at 8 realmtime, and taking a mounted march through the city to Lion's Rest by 8:30. A few words will be spoken about our fallen friend, and we ask that all those in attendance be respectful for our friend we have lost and miss with all our hearts. We hope to see many Alliance friends on Sept 30th. Thanks so much for any thoughts and prayers you may send.

She went on later and wrote:

I do want to clarify a few things that have appeared on this post.

Happy's main toon was Happybelly, and it was a Pandaren warrior. But somehow the toon has disappeared, so the highest leveled toon we have left of him is Happybeard. He really was a real person, and his cousin is currently an officer of our guild. Later this year, I, personally, have plans to travel to where he is buried and pay my respects, because I was one of the people here who knew him and raided with him. Whether or not people believe that Happy was a real person or not is important. But for those of us here that remember him, he was really special, and left a significant impression on us by the way he chose to live his life.

As for whether or not this kind of an event belongs in game or not, I'd like to address that. Happy started playing this game with his cousin, and WoW was his place where he had the most fun and his illness didn't keep him from doing extraordinary things. Its where he made his friends, its the place where we knew him best. It is most fitting for us that he be remembered here every year. It is because of him that The Eternal Flame changed its guild name to The Requiem Knights so we could pick up where he left off, and stand together, united.

Obviously, we can't stop those of you that want to troll the event or make it some sort of a mockery. It only goes to show your true character, and your own morals, and whether or not you do respect others and yourself by how you condone your actions.

But, we Knights, and any that come to join us, we hope will take the event seriously, and remember that a person that loved this game, that dreamed of seeing Draenor and Demon Hunters become a reality, really did die before his time, and that we want to have his memory be honored.

Thank you.

How she justifies a "character disappearing" off an inactive account but his other one doesn't...well she doesn't. That's because it doesn't make any sense. Coming on the realm forums and announcing a "memorial event" like that so both Horde and Alliance know damn well when and where it will be just asks for something to happen. So I'm going to ensure that it does. We're going to head over to SW keep and kill the King & Genn. Then afterwards we're going to make our way to Lion's Rest and /spit on where the memorial to Varian is since we're Horde and hate him (as do a lot of Alliance too from what I've heard). Then we're going lay out some feasts, lounge chairs, disco balls, and set off some fireworks in the park all while fighting off Alliance that flag themselves regardless of their level. That night we will bathe in the blood of our foes!

Lok'tar Ogar friend! For the Horde.

Deleted
    I think you would obviously be the scum of the earth if you do it. Though the fact you even have to ask already says loads.
    Is it wrong if you crash a memorial for the dead of 9/11? Go do that and see what happens.

It's disgusting to me that you are someone that even has to ask. Human beings can be stupidly cruel.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Is it wrong if you crash a memorial for the dead of 9/11? Go do that and see what happens.
    Yeah, I agree. Those 19 guys were heroes. Crashing their memorial would be horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Someone died in real life.
    People die all the time. Nameless people I'll never know. Why should we care about people we never knew dying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Those 19 guys were heroes. Crashing their memorial would be horrible.

Some people have their empathy meter broken. It's deplorable.

When a member of your family dies, let us know so we can go there crash the party and laugh at you. Lok'tar ogar! It's all fine eh? Like... theres something seriouly broken in you if you see nothing wrong with this.

I hope the people in that server organise a defense force to wipe these disgusting people over and over and corpse camp them. I would be there to do that if i was in that server.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people have their empathy meter broken. It's deplorable.
    I lack empathy for random people I don't know, yes. Why should I give a fuck about random people that have no bearing on my life in any way?

When a member of your family dies, let us know so we can go there crash the party and laugh at you. Lok'tar ogar! It's all fine eh? Like... theres something seriouly broken in you if you see nothing wrong with this.
    Feel free. I wouldn't give 2 shits. I didn't bother when my dad was murdered, didn't go to funeral. I didn't feel anything when my gran died, and I lived with her for 9 years. I was at funeral as one of the people who lower the coffin down into grave, and I didn't feel shit. I went and passed my driving test 2 hours later.
    I simply lack the capability to feel anything in that regard. Dunno why.

Are you asking the quest in hopes somebody somewhere will say its okay? If you ask then you probably already know the answer.

People die all the time. Nameless people I'll never know. Why should we care about people we never knew dying?
    Most people don't know you either. Does that make it acceptable for them to piss on your grave?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Most people don't know you either. Does that make it acceptable for them to piss on your grave?
    Physically going to someone's grave and pissing on them is completely different than going to an online game "event" in memory of someone who died 3 years ago that a group of people who never met the man IRL are hosting. These people knew him in-game only. They weren't buddies that hung out & went out drinking or called each other and crap like that. They were "friends" in a video game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    If you're going to spout something in comparison, get your facts right first. It was a Horde guild holding a memorial service in Winterspring for a guildmate who died. They chose Winterspring because he loved to fish and that was his favorite fishing spot. The ALLIANCE showed up and attacked them during it. The guild was named Serenity Now and they were on the Illidan server.

That's what I'm hoping for is a group of Alliance prepared to rage war with us when we get there. I'm hoping to have a massive army of Horde launch a massive assault on Stormwind and fish out Alliance players to flag themselves in this battle. I'm going to be opening it up to ANY server too since they changed the phasing of SW & Org to allow other realms to be there now.

I know about this because their guild posted on the realm forums about inviting anyone to attend. Well, I'm going to attend but not in the capacity they were hoping for.
    Hey sod you man, i was just talking about stuff and i have no need to know every single detail. I also said nothing about Horde or Alliance players, so you are just attacking at nothing!

God i hope you get banned or something if you do this, becasue you sound like a guy who deserves it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I couldn't care less if someone pissed on my grave. Why would I? It'd just be weird to care about something like that.

Deleted
    I lack empathy for random people I don't know, yes. Why should I give a fuck about random people that have no bearing on my life in any way?

Feel free. I wouldn't give 2 shits. I didn't bother when my dad was murdered, didn't go to funeral. I didn't feel anything when my gran died, and I lived with her for 9 years. I was at funeral as one of the people who lower the coffin down into grave, and I didn't feel shit. I went and passed my driving test 2 hours later.
    I simply lack the capability to feel anything in that regard. Dunno why.
    It's fine for you to not feel or close it up, but by no means is that an excuse to disrespect other people's grief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    I couldn't care less if someone pissed on my grave. Why would I? It'd just be weird to care about something like that.
    What insight. Of course the dead don't care. They are dead. It's the living that do.