Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    While Canada is a very good default choice - me and cold do not get along. >_<

I have to dig a bit deeper into other places, but most have their ups n' downs. Australia I love cuz wildlife, nice n' hot, and laidback atmosphere - unfortunately they do seem to have their own Dumbass Donnie Dump stirring up shit in the form of Pauline Hanson. England has issues with Brexit right now - but they seem to be learning their lesson ATM. Several places in Europe sound great - especially Germany. Only issue is the language barriers...

Shockingly, I'm finding Mexico of all places to be looking pretty good! There are thriving communities of former Americans who are enjoying themselves quite nicely down there. Bonus points for Mexico is that there's rumors of some kind of big wall being put up between them and America...

Work-wise that's part of my plan is to become independent from requiring a specific workplace location, and am almost there! This allows me the freedom to work from home - and thus choose I can live anywhere I want to on the globe.
    South and Central America are filled with American expats. So's Japan. You might or might not be surprised at just how many American communities exist south of our border. Think Chinatown, but it's a bunch of Americatowns instead.

You'll also meet lots of retirees. Many South and Central American countries have comfy packages for retirees, some even include ZERO taxes on buying property and zero taxes on investment incomes and retirement income. So they buy giant plots of land for next to nothing in the mountains, build giant luxurious homes, and pay what a tiny apartment in a mid-sized city might cost.... for a mansion.

Did a lot of work in those areas, I was surprised/amazed to find as many Americans as I did.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

My prediction: nothing happens, this investigation turns into a giant nothing burger, the Dems and liberal Republicans are left fuming, and Teflon Don wins a second term because the Democrats are weak, pathetic, and can't get their shit together.

Watching the attempts to take out The Don over this past year and a half has been like watching a reaaaaaally long, real life version of the Coyote's endless attempts to make a meal of the Roadrunner.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-09-15 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    My prediction: nothing happens, this investigation turns into a giant nothing burger, the Dems and liberal Republicans are left fuming, and Teflon Don wins a second term because the Democrats are weak, pathetic, and can't get their shit together.

Watching the attempts to take out The Don over this past year and a half has been like watching a reaaaaaally long, real life version of the Coyote's endless attempts to make a meal of the Roadrunner.
    You are bad at predictions.

Stop making predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You are bad at predictions.

Stop making predictions.
    Just watch.

Just watch.
    You've already been proven wrong. This is why you need to stop making predictions.

Just watch...what's actually happening without your orange tinted glasses. It's a whole different and scary(for you) world out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You've already been proven wrong. This is why you need to stop making predictions.

Just watch...what's actually happening without your orange tinted glasses. It's a whole different and scary(for you) world out there.
    Last I checked, there have been no impeachment proceedings. Nothing pending either, not even a whisper of it. So no, I have not already been proven wrong. Stop counting eggs as already-hatched dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing pending either, not even a whisper of it.
    Willful ignorance. Say it won't happen, but to claim there's not even a whisper? Not even you believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Willful ignorance. Say it won't happen, but to claim there's not even a whisper? Not even you believe that.
    Nevermind, I should have known what kind of thread this was to begin with. I'm out.

You may all continue with your circle-jerk.

Last I checked, there have been no impeachment proceedings. Nothing pending either, not even a whisper of it. So no, I have not already been proven wrong. Stop counting eggs as already-hatched dragons.
    Your prediction starts with a "nothingburger". That's already been disproven. You can see Fuckface Von Clownstick The Younger's meeting with Russians, and his self described desire for whatever dirt they have on Clinton(after lying about it being an adoption meeting, which has it's own problems) for the reason as to why.

So yes, you have been proven wrong. Your beginning premise is wrong, therefore you are wrong.

Basic.

Even if trump is removed, that won't solve the underlying issues that led to his election. It will set the stage for trump 2.0. And they may actually be competent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degarmo View Post
    Even if trump is removed, that won't solve the underlying issues that led to his election. It will set the stage for trump 2.0. And they may actually be competent.
    If Trump was competent, there wouldn't be such an issue. I don't think people understand that there is no other Trump. He isn't just another republican or democrat. Until the economy, even Bush's term was relatively sane... and he started 2 wars. Imagine what Trump would do on 9/11... Coalition of the willing > Fire and fury...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Screenshotted for posterity. See you in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Skroetum was my toon's first name in 2005, when I was 21 and stupid. Got reported after 2 weeks. And it stuck around for over 10 years.

I hate the name 'Skroe' but it became what I was known as in game. I finally got rid of it in legion since I main swapped.

I've though about changing my name in these forums to something else, since 'Skroe' is a WoW name and I basically don't actually post about WoW here.
    Dude, that name is a brand here by now. And judging by the overwhelmingly supportive comments, one that is well-regarded on these boards. Please keep up the good work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I mean, we know the Dumpsters are pretty stupid enough that the moment Dumbass-in-Chief starts barking about "RIGGED" crap again he will, again, create a bunch of crazed redneck gun-toting psychotics to form militias and try to create a Civil Conflict (I hesitate to use the term "War" because, lets face it... the vast majority of them hardly represent the organized, semi intelligent, physically fit Confederacy their so-called 'forefathers' were...) in hopes of overthrowing that fictional "Big gubbm'nt!"

What if Muller and the rest wished to avoid such conflict via striking a deal (an ACTUAL deal) with the laughably ironically-entitled 'Dealmaker' simply to avoid any civil unrest situations?
    While I'm not Skroe, I guess I may as well contribute my two cents.

I believe Trump going meekly would do nothing to soothe his fanbase. See, the whole problem is that we are talking about people who fell for a Trump-class liar. He's the kind of guy that'll tell you someone else crapped his own pants - but these people still fell for him. It follows, I think, that the most rabid of his followers would not even accept his confession on a live stage, but would somehow call it fake news. Just consider all those rednecks blaming Obama for not doing anything about Katrina.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got the evidence yesterday. Trump is a traitor who worked with the Dems.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-09-16 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I got the evidence yesterday. Trump is a traitor.
    About fucking time... although, if I'm guessing the reason right, it might be a mistake. I don't want to be the guy to tell you to support Trump, but who would even get this far with removing DACA? I know there is no prize for trying, but what are your alternatives?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Bush isn't comparable. He started above 50% approval and stayed there, with a few months of exceptions, above or at 50% throughout his first term. People generally thought he was doing an ok job.
    Oh how wrong we were.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    About fucking time... although, if I'm guessing the reason right, it might be a mistake. I don't want to be the guy to tell you to support Trump, but who would even get this far with removing DACA? I know there is no prize for trying, but what are your alternatives?
    The policy or person alternatives? For policy you can't say you don't want illegal violation and then reward illegals.

For the presidency I think we should give Pence a chance. If he has a position then betrays it his feet should also be held to the fire. If Democrats don't deliver on their policy they can do the same thing. No delivery = no point.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-09-16 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Ya we've been hearing it nonstop for about a year now.

Still not President:
    [X] Hillary Clinton [X] Bernie Sanders [X] Vladimir Putin [] Donald Trump
    So sad, you don't understand how investigations work and don't understand that Donald Trump isn't exactly president either. He hasn't accomplished anything. He has also failed at everything that is usually a slam dunk for every other educated person in this world.

15+ Year Old Account
    They come in here and post utter bullshit on a daily basis and smugly nod at each other while there continues to be no credible evidence. It must be hard for them, thinking that a President that was mostly elected to keep leftists out of office being replaced by someone even more conservative is a scary scenario for anyone on the right side of American politics. Regardless, it's never going to happen and they'll just move on from this embarrassing exercise in flailing about like nothing ever happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, y'all have said that a few thousand times too. Meanwhile I keep seeing liberals having a daily fucking duck fit about what he supposedly isn't accomplishing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, not having Hillary Clinton or worse sitting in the oval office is all I really ever cared about him accomplishing. The fact that he's done any more than that is icing on the cake.
    I have to wonder, if (more like when) the Trump connection to the Kremlin is available for all to see, what will your response be? Is it going to finally realize that Trump sold our country out for his own personal gain, or is it going to be the "WE SHOULD BE FRIENDS WITH RUSSIA!" line?

I do like how your criteria for Trump doing well is "Hillary isn't president". As conservatives continue to hold incredibly low standards for their leaders, we'll see shifts to the left as people get sick of the low standards for action.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll all be waiting to see your proof. They should have appointed Al Gore to special council so you guys will be taken more cerealy.

And we won't have to resort to anything, we'll just have a more conservative politician than we do right now as President. There is literally no way to lose this in practical terms. But regardless, I'm painfully aware of the fact that this is nothing but the grandest form of bullshit posturing that has ever occurred in modern politics; all taking place to make up for the fact that the Democrats no longer have any message other than identity bullshit that has by-and-large worn itself out.
    Yeah the Dems are finished, washed up, that's why they're performing 15-20 points up in all special elections across the country since Trump shit all over the Republicans' popularity.